AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1

From this article we learn Brittney was in contact with someone between May 30th and June 2. Then she's reported missing June 2 by her family. Tips are also called to LE saying she's been seen.

She's taken off before for days at a time, but family said she always kept in contact. At the time she is reported missing she's only been gone three days and had contact with someone. What concerned the family so much this time, that they report her missing?

Brittney told her mom she was going to visit friends but she instead went to visit her favorite Uncle Donnie. Why did Brittney fib about where she was going? Why did it concern her mother so much that she called police. When did Chessie learn of Donnie's suicide attempt?

I can tell you some of the confusion is just that, confusion. CW is exhausted and has mixed some things up, said some things had come from LE that were actually rumors she had heard. It's not intentional on her part, from what I can tell. That's not to say she and others haven't withheld information about some of BW's activities in order to protect her from any potential criminal charges. But BW's parents had a meeting with representatives from both Mobile and Baldwin County LE in last day or two and hopefully are now on the same page.

If SW was giving her advice, I can see where she might have been encouraged not to be forthcoming. I think other people were not truthful for other reasons. Hopefully, her immediate family is being honest now too...and are also supporting her emotionally.
moo

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...for-Brittney-Wood/RtbStO12t0mNJxqb7VRE6w.cspx

"Brittney's last known location was the Styx River area in Baldwin County, which has been the focus of much of the search. Authorities still have no reason to believe Britney has been the victim of foul play. In fact, they made it clear Friday: She's not in any trouble with the law."

Finally, confirmation that Brittney was at the river that night. Plus the new story that Donnie gave her a ride (50 miles!) to the truck stop in Grand Bay the same night or early morning.

Why did they go past her home in Tillman's corner and on to the truck stop in Grand Bay?

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...for-Brittney-Wood/RtbStO12t0mNJxqb7VRE6w.cspx

"Brittney's last known location was the Styx River area in Baldwin County, which has been the focus of much of the search. Authorities still have no reason to believe Britney has been the victim of foul play. In fact, they made it clear Friday: She's not in any trouble with the law."

Finally, confirmation that Brittney was at the river that night. Plus the new story that Donnie gave her a ride (50 miles!) to the truck stop in Grand Bay the same night or early morning.

Why did they go past her home in Tillman's corner and on to the truck stop in Grand Bay?
And how nice to leave a young female with no ride at a truck stop. Posted with tons of sarcasm

How would they know Uncle Donnie dropped her off at the truck stop? He is dead and she is missing, unless someone else was with them.

Ok so who said Uncle donnie dropped her off at Grand Bay? How do they know that?
I'm guessing texts/phone records because of the things being said on FB right after the suicide. Maybe LE has phone records and have that truth on the table.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/22/mother-pleas-daughters-return-ar-4024436/

New article and video with Brittney's mother pleading for her to call. In the video at 1:10 it says Uncle Donnie gave Brittney a ride and dropped her off at the Grand Bay truck stop.

That's new to me. It also places Uncle Donnie as the last person to see her alive.

What stood out to me most about this video is the statement that, "No charges will be filed if Brittney turns herself in." Turns herself in for what? She's an adult. If she chooses to leave, she can. It would be nice if she would let someone know but people choose to leave their lives all the time. Now, I don't think that's what happened in this case but I don't understand what that statement means. What will they charge Brittney with if she doesn't "turn herself in?"

How would they know Uncle Donnie dropped her off at the truck stop? He is dead and she is missing, unless someone else was with them.

Exactly!

My thinking is whomever said he dropped her off there is the person that threw the phone out there! JMO

2 news reports, both from the same day, both featuring CW, one has Mobile LE, the other has Chaplain Tony, yet one says BW was last known to be at the truck stop in Grand Bay and the other says she was last known to be in the Styx River area. Which one do we trust?

Would the truck stop have video to help confirm the drop off? Maybe someone will realize they were at the truck stop and can give confirmation of seeing her.

Snipped from http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

Snipped from http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...together all these mis-matched puzzle pieces.

What stood out to me most about this video is the statement that, "No charges will be filed if Brittney turns herself in." Turns herself in for what? She's an adult. If she chooses to leave, she can. It would be nice if she would let someone know but people choose to leave their lives all the time. Now, I don't think that's what happened in this case but I don't understand what that statement means. What will they charge Brittney with if she doesn't "turn herself in?"

Since the beginning they all have been saying Please come home we will protect you!

Could she have gone to Uncle donnie and told him hey i have to testify
against you bla bla bla and he gives her money to get out of dodge so she cant testify and takes her to the truck stop and gets her a ride from someone.

Then decides to take his life!

Just a thought!

Heck i have no idea!

2 news reports, both from the same day, both featuring CW, one has Mobile LE, the other has Chaplain Tony, yet one says BW was last known to be at the truck stop in Grand Bay and the other says she was last known to be in the Styx River area. Which one do we trust?
OH...I didn't catch that. Guess I'm too hopeful that they have more info as to where she was last... Still praying for BW's safe return. :banghead:

Here's what I know about the locations and how they know where she was:

BW's phone pinged off the same tower as DH the night of her disappearance. Both pings were off the tower for Styx River.

Later, BW's phone pinged off the tower in Grand Bay, near the truck stop. From what I've been told, DH's did NOT ping there. His had GPS, hers did not. LE does have her phone records, so they should know what calls she made and received. I know of 2 people she talked to that night. One is a character in our list, the other is not (I don't even know that person's name, just that it's a friend of hers). I know LE has spoken to both of these individuals, and neither claims to know where she may be or what may have happened. She had friends in the Grand Bay area, people she hung out with.

The only thing I believe to be true is that the Suicide of DH relates in every way with the disapearance of BW.... All JMO

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

Which just tells me there were other people involved in her "disappearance". Wish we had more news.

I'm pretty sure the reason her mom says 'You're not in any trouble with the law' is due to drug issues, not the sexual abuse cases against her uncles. I don't have any knowledge that BW was involved in any of that. However, I don't think any of the people who were involved in the sexual abuse cases have shared information with individuals not involved in it also. Does that make sense?

LE has eye witness testimony that Brittney was at the Styx River cabin, probably from whomever gave her a ride. Then Uncle Donnie tells someone he gave her a ride to Grand Bay and her cell phone pings there. LE shifts their search to the truck stop. Easy peasy! MOO

A new opinion piece:
http://mobiletribune.com/profiles/b...brittney-wood-case-shrouded-in-mystery-many-u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth