CO - Nathaniel Tallman, 25, Lafayette, 21 Jan 2014

I wonder with whom and where exactly he was supposed to meet.

What was the weather like the day he went missing? Is there any water along his likely route? That's a beast of a car.

How far is this trip he said he was taking? He's such a handsome young man. Hoping he's ok.

I'm glad to see they finally made a FB page for him, but I'm surprised to see that it's primarily being used to solicit donations for a reward and not for tips, organized searches ect.

Does that strike anyone else as odd?

Looks like they changed the "FIND" page (per the URL) to the donation page?

Also, they've changed what he was wearing from black sweats, white North Face jacket to jeans, dark shirt and black North Face.

No, and apparently they don't answer questions on the donations page. :(

Since he was last seen on a Tuesday and his dad didn't report him missing until Thursday, I wonder if the person he was supposed to be meeting knew that he was even coming. I mean if I knew a friend was on their way to see me and after a few hours they hadn't shown up, I'd be on the phone trying to figure out where they are and if they're ok.

I'm going to go on the assumption that they have received new info, and that's why they've changed the poster, adding new info regarding what he was wearing, and where he was last seen. What's weird though, imo is that there wasn't much in between Longmont and Berthoud, especially on 287, last time I was there. If it were cameras that observed him and he didn't make it in to Berthoud, I would be looking on one of the roads that branch off to the west. I don't know. I don't think I'm going to give my brain stretch marks on this one until I see more interest in finding him.

It's my understanding that Longmont is not a very nice area. Why was he headed there?

I lived in Longmont once upon a time. It's in Boulder County, which can be a bit snooty. Longmont is a not a bad place unless you compare it to Boulder which every Boulderite does lol. There are some really good bars/restaurants so I wouldn't think it odd at all to meet there. Maybe they like Old Chicago Pizza, or The Lefthand Brewery. But now, the info has changed to in between Longmont and Berthoud.

It's my understanding that Longmont is not a very nice area. Why was he headed there?

I don't know that anyone knows who he was going to meet.

It's kind of an odd thing to say, really. "I'm going to meet Jake" or "I'm going to meet someone about buying a car stereo" is more typical of what you say.

I'm going to meet someone, is an odd and evasive thing to say. I hope they've checked his computer for craigs list.

Well if you look up Longmont's crime rate, it's much higher than the surrounding towns. Check city-data. And the folks I work with that are based there, aren't big fans.

Would he have gone to buy drugs? That's an instance in which you would be elusive as to your destination.

Well, if you mean pot, I think he could get it just as easily in Lafayette as Longmont. And with it being legal, no need to be elusive. I can imagine the family not wanting to announce it, if that were the case though. I saw an interview with his aunt that said they put up flyers in Longmont and Lyons.

I'm just baffled that there isn't more chatter on the FB page. They've obviously got a lot of community and family support as they've raised more than $10k on the go fund me site.

I hate to even say it, but something just seems off. I'm hoping they are being so quiet for good reason.

I'm just baffled that there isn't more chatter on the FB page. They've obviously got a lot of community and family support as they've raised more than $10k on the go fund me site.

I hate to even say it, but something just seems off. I'm hoping they are being so quiet for good reason.

I'm with you - something 's not quite right here...

:bump:
Bumping for Nate and his family.

Any news?

1620471_10152163585185240_96278660_n.jpg

Thanks, Margarita, but this is the updated one, posted on Jan. 29th.
1654366_201927130015849_1869715244_n.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back