The Doe Network changed their URL and now....no URL for specific missing person

Kalypso2012

Reaction score
This is frustrating. The only place on the entire internet that lists my missing cousin, Leslie Ann Porter of West Covina, CA. is the Doe Network and they have this new site that uses frames. This results in not having a unique page address for the missing person.

I have not been able to put up my own site for Leslie because I can't find her parents to ok this. If I can't find her parents, then how is she supposed to find them or the police find them if something breaks in her case?

Oh thank you! But it does not show up in Google, that I can find.

I feel like I'm the only one in the entire (BIG) family that thinks of Leslie.

This is frustrating. The only place on the entire internet that lists my missing cousin, Leslie Ann Porter of West Covina, CA. is the Doe Network and they have this new site that uses frames. This results in not having a unique page address for the missing person.

I have not been able to put up my own site for Leslie because I can't find her parents to ok this. If I can't find her parents, then how is she supposed to find them or the police find them if something breaks in her case?

I would say that since she is listed on missing persons websites and so on, that placing a site or even posters of her on your own site might not require permission, since it would be considered a process of posting the information about a missing person. ie, if a child goes missing and the parents have contacted the ncmec, then permission has been waived by that childs parents, this in turn permits anyone to obtain a flyer of that person and post it any where they see fit to help, rather it is in a store window or on your own website, if you make a website for that person then I am not 100% certain if permission needs given in that case, the website we run in tennessee has missing children and adults which all are listed either with the ncmec or the national center for missing adults, we obtain the information from those sources to help expose a missing person, once that person is located we are required to remove the photo of that person but may keep up posted information from the forums and move the persons information to the " found " forum

Hi dannyodie. Which missing persons forum are you a part of? I joined WS a few months ago, and before that I had never even heard of the doenetwork.org, thecharleyproject, and I sure didn't know what LE was, or who he was...lol. I love WS, the members, and especially actually trying to help and make a difference. It has been a great journey so far.

Lion

I feel like I'm the only one in the entire (BIG) family that thinks of Leslie

I know how you feel. My brother has been missing 30 days today, and it seems like I am the only one trying to find out what is happening.

I will say prayers for you and your family.

I am intrigued by this case, as I think many others are as well. How much of a suspect is her husband? Was he ever questioned? Was she in a strong, healthy marriage? What could her parents/siblings possibly know or suspect? You say you haven't been in touch with them. Did they just disappear?

I am sorry for firing so many questions. I hope we can keep this info alive to help you find out what happened to your cousin.
MG

I am intrigued by this case, as I think many others are as well. How much of a suspect is her husband? Was he ever questioned? Was she in a strong, healthy marriage? What could her parents/siblings possibly know or suspect? You say you haven't been in touch with them. Did they just disappear?

I am sorry for firing so many questions. I hope we can keep this info alive to help you find out what happened to your cousin.
MG
Her husband, Mike, who is actually my blood cousin, was of course, first a suspect, but he was at work when this happened. He has since moved to Colorado and started a family, but much later. My aunts and uncles and cousins no longer want any contact with me after my mother died in 1993 and who knows why....families can be strange with their "family secrets" and all. Personally, I don't see the point in hiding behind dysfunctional secrets.

However, I will say that my 74 year old father (who was going to write a book on it but never did) told me that Mike's own Dad is still not sure, himself, that Mike didn't do it.

I'm just repeating what family members have said. I have no idea, personally, about that, and I would never attempt to accuse anyone. It is said that the police did such a sloppy job investigating that my Dad had to remind them to look in the trunk of her car. I believe my Dad about that. Also, it's been said that the police were seen swooping down on the apartment *months later* to search. That's all I know.

What work did she do and what were her qualifications for jobs?

What work did she do and what were her qualifications for jobs?
Thanks for finding those other links!!
She worked in an upscale department store. I don't know about other jobs. It seems like a possibility that someone could have seen her at work and became obsessed with her and kidnapped her.

It's so frustrating because I am positive that if it had happened today, instead of in 1984, the police work would be better and there would be more persistence and media coverage in looking for her.

Thanks for finding those other links!!
She worked in an upscale department store. I don't know about other jobs. It seems like a possibility that someone could have seen her at work and became obsessed with her and kidnapped her.

It's so frustrating because I am positive that if it had happened today, instead of in 1984, the police work would be better and there would be more persistence and media coverage in looking for her.
You are most welcome. I noticed in your first post on this thread that you spelled her middle name without an "e" but the websites listing her name use the spelling anne with the "e" on the end. Perhaps that is why your websearches did not turn up anything. What is the correct spelling of her name?

Also in websearches I found other mentions of the name "Leslie Anne Porter" including a memorial fund of some sort and another web page listing an email link and after the name was listed the qualifications of RN, BSN, PHN, CHT.

I did not list those links as they seem likely to be about a different person but you can probably find the same pages using a meta search engine and the name spelled "Leslie Anne Porter" entered in the search line.

You are most welcome. I noticed in your first post on this thread that you spelled her middle name without an "e" but the websites listing her name use the spelling anne with the "e" on the end. Perhaps that is why your websearches did not turn up anything. What is the correct spelling of her name?

Also in websearches I found other mentions of the name "Leslie Anne Porter" including a memorial fund of some sort and another web page listing an email link and after the name was listed the qualifications of RN, BSN, PHN, CHT.

I did not list those links as they seem likely to be about a different person but you can probably find the same pages using a meta search engine and the name spelled "Leslie Anne Porter" entered in the search line.
All the newspaper articles I have on her are not consistent with the spelling of her middle name, so it is unknown which spelling is correct. Her maiden name is Martin.

The newspaper articles only mention that she worked for Robinson's department store who put up a $5,000 award. I did not know Leslie well, myself. Her husband Mike is my blood cousin.

Thank you and I will look into the searches for sure! But if her name is not listed as Martin, then it's probably not her, as Mike Porter and her were fairly newlyweds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back