CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry that your interpretation and my interpretation of the article may be different, however, I stand by my point made in my original post regarding the media being at his business. The man still has to make a living, and is not named a POI. While his extra-marital activities with Phuong may make him a suspicious character, it does not give the media the right to bother him at his place of business.

You're welcome to your opinion, and to express it.

You can not make things up, and say that something is in an article that is not.

I'm sure LE is looking at the sex offenders in the area too. It looks to me like there are at least 11 men who have been convicted of forcible rape in the area. Those are just the ones who committed crimes against adult women. There is also Travis Air Force Base, which is only a few miles outside of town. If it's not Nguyen then I think the base needs to be looked at too. There was a recent case in Canada of a a military base commander who had a history of attacking and murdering women.

I'm sure LE is looking at the sex offenders in the area too. It looks to me like there are at least 11 men who have been convicted of forcible rape in the area. Those are just the ones who committed crimes against adult women. There is also Travis Air Force Base, which is only a few miles outside of town. If it's not Nguyen then I think the base needs to be looked at too. There was a recent case in Canada of a a military base commander who had a history of attacking and murdering women.

If she was snatched from the parking lot by a stranger, taken into the woods or somewhere, raped and killed, it's sad to say but unless a body (or maybe some of her clothing) is found and yields some hair or semen or fiber evidence, this is going to be one hard case to solve. Well I guess unless they can figure out somehow if someone specific, a regular customer of one of the businesses in that mall or something, had been watching/stalking her since she had a pretty regular routine of going to B&N and the Gym.

ETA: Unless by some miracle she is being held against her will (which DID happen to Donna in Canada, who was snatched from a parking lot going to her car) then as heartbreaking as it is, I fear Phuong is no longer with us :-(

I am losing hope for Phoung being found alive as well. Unfortunately, it is not as easy to conceal a living person as it is a body. Not many people have a place where they can stash a person for this length of time; I know the case in Canada was exactly that, but that is a rare outcome. Whether it has to do with her ex-boss or a random stalker or opportunist...it does not look promising.
I do not blame Mr. Nguyen for not wanting to answer questions while he is at work, trying to run his store. He has said he doesn't know what happened to Phoung and that he is worried about her-at this point, I think the media is more interested in salacious details about their relationship and he does not have to talk to them about that as long as he cooperates with police, which they say he has been doing.

On Phuong's Facebook, someone is saying police think there may be a related case. Two girls at Solano Mall approached by a man, asked for their IDs and keys, hit one of them in the face.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109152475792916&v=wall

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=80283&catid=2

There was 2 attempted robberies that targeted women in Fairfield, the night before she went missing.

Here is a map to show their location in relation to B&N: I posted this in on page 1 of the first thread for Phuong.

21myx08.jpg

They found a woman's body Friday in a downtown San Diego hotel who from the looks of the body died in a suspicious manner. I have seen no updates on it. But I guess that is some 480 miles away. The approximate age of the victim was not reported. Prayers that this young woman will be found safe!

There should be something in the local media about this! Wonder if we can find an article?

Salem

I just posted it above. ~points up~

:)

Also a map as it relates to B&N.

Here is another that says basically the same info.

Fairfield police believe the same suspect may be responsible for two strong-arm robberies that occurred within two hours of each other Monday, police said. At 8:27 p.m., police responded to a call of a robbery in the 1300 block of Travis Boulevard near the Solano Mall. The female victim, 19, of Suisun City, reported that the suspect approached her, punched her in the face, grabbed her wallet, and fled southbound towards Linear Park.
(snipped)
http://www.napavalleyregister.com/news/local/article_9832b50a-5251-11df-b8a3-001cc4c03286.html

Yes you did - except it seems to be different? On facebook it says 'yesterday' and 2 neighbor girls (I think). I was under the impression they were together?

Your story was earlier and was 2 very separate women, one of which was 66. So... I'm thinking this is a separate incident?

Salem

Yes you did - except it seems to be different? On facebook it says 'yesterday' and 2 neighbor girls (I think). I was under the impression they were together?

Your story was earlier and was 2 very separate women, one of which was 66. So... I'm thinking this is a separate incident?

Salem

A girl from the same city as Phuong, the same named mall and punched in the face. Just like what was said on the FB page.

I think the FB person got the day it happened wrong. jmo

ive read all the news articles from the beginning and all i can offer is my opinion....and a question.
the close family friend that is phuong's exboss may not have caused her dissappearance but he could be the reason for it.

now the question......how did her brother get the key to her trunk???.......................calman

A girl from the same city as Phuong, the same named mall and punched in the face. Just like what was said on the FB page.

I think the FB person got the day it happened wrong. jmo

Okay - that makes sense. I was thinking there were 3 separate incidents. :crazy:

Salem

now the question......how did her brother get the key to her trunk???.......................calman

Probably a second set of keys at the house. I don't think that's unusual - both hubby and I carry keys to each other's vehicle just in case we need to drive it, move it, whatever.

Okay - that makes sense. I was thinking there were 3 separate incidents. :crazy:

Salem

I was confused too, no worries.

I think if there would have been another instance/attack yesterday that happened similar to the one I posted (that happened on Mon. night, last week) there would be an article on it - mentioning the similarities to the other two attacks.

why has the media stopped covering her case and what is LE doing? I am very worried for her.

Or it could be one of those model vehicles that allows you to pop the trunk from a lever on the inside. I wouldn't know if her kind of vehicle has this feature. I don't even know what kind of vehicle she has, but I think it might be buried in this thread somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23