GUILTY NE - Four killed in Omaha crime spree, Nikko Jenkins charged, Aug 2013

Is there any other article since this one that states she was identified before her husband identified her to LE?

Kruger, 35, described his wife as fit, petite and attractive. He said they were natives of Valley and lived near 144th and Fort Streets.

“I usually hear the garage door or the dog barking when she gets home,” he said.

He thought his wife would be home soon, but he saw a brief news item about an unidentified woman's body in the 168th and Fort intersection.

more at link.......

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130821/NEWS/130829769

The morning of the event (7:00ish) I was traveling my same route....same one I have taken for two years when taking my daughter to school. I had to turn around as the road was closed. My daughter and I actually sighed because we had slept in that morning and go figure....construction right? I had no idea why that intersection would be closed at 7 am and little did I know that it was because of a murder....let alone a murder of someone I knew and thought the world of. The road block ended Half way between 156 and 168 fort street and nowhere remotely close to Andrea's home. <modsnip>

Unless you have MSN links to the investigation pointing in one direction sleuthing of the family members is against TOS. It is not permitted. You can have an opinion but spreading rumors as facts are not permitted. If you can't link it, it's not a fact. If you have a link include it in your post. Sorry, but those are the rules.

Unless you have MSN links to the investigation pointing in one direction sleuthing of the family members is against TOS. It is not permitted. You can have an opinion but spreading rumors as facts are not permitted. If you can't link it, it's not a fact. If you have a link include it in your post. Sorry, but those are the rules.

I'm sorry if you are referring to my post. I was not insinuating anything about Andrea's family members, only that in such investigations they are usually the first suspects who need to be eliminated before LE casts a wider net.

I'm sorry if you are referring to my post. I was not insinuating anything about Andrea's family members, only that in such investigations they are usually the first suspects who need to be eliminated before LE casts a wider net.

That is sooo not true. LE investigates with whatever evidence they have at the time and the FIRST thing they do out of respect for the victim is to notify their family. How many times have we heard from the media, "the victim's ID is being withheld pending notification of the next of kin"?

Picking apart the statements made to LE by a family member is sleuthing that member so we are not permitted to do that. No family member has ever been a suspected from the beginning. And from what we are seeing now LE had info that the rest of where not aware of. Other crimes within a short period of time that were eerily similar and a suspect who just happened to have been released from jail prior to these crimes. The suspect also having been with one of the victims the night before and had his picture taken with this man. Now that is what we should be sleuthing.

<modsnip>

If it turns out to be the man they have in custody, he is apparently a mentally ill, violent criminal, so it is certainly possible that he committed this senseless crime without a lot of thought.

What you can say...... You can say that you do not think it is a random act as LE is reporting but that is just your opinion. You can not discuss details of an innocent family member it is considered sleuthing and is not permitted. And you cannot repeat idle neighborhood gossip. Not permitted. Thank you.

Now try sleuthing the person who is now in custody because we may get some answers. So far the information, which is probably the tip of the iceberg, is very interesting.

More back ground on Jenkins:
Before his July 30 release from prison, Nikko Jenkins reportedly had promised his fellow inmates that the world would soon take notice of his exploits.

In late July, sheriff's officials were so concerned about his release that they emailed and posted a bulletin at the Douglas County Courthouse.

One court official who handled one of Jenkins' cases acknowledged that he was erratic but also questioned whether he was playing up his mental illness.

&#8220;He may have some mental illness,&#8221; the official said. &#8220;But he knows right from wrong.&#8221;

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130830/NEWS/130839855/1685

The linked article states that Nikko Jenkin's wife was taken in for questioning also. The county marriage license records show her name as Chalonda Moore Jenkins. I haven't found much on her yet.

<modsnip>

Very interesting that LE has detained Jenkins' sisters and mother for questioning in relation to all this as well...looking at his pic/bio, that is one dude that shouldn't have been on the street AT ALL...

One would think that if there was visual or photo id on Jenkins, he would be easy to identify. Not many people have a half-tattooed face. The fact that they've pulled in so many females makes me think that LE has reason to believe Jenkins was with one or more women and that they are trying to determine which one(s)

No more discussions about the family at all. ZIP NADA.

If you want to post a link you can talk about whatever is in the link that is fact but you can't speculate and post about information regarding any family members.

Try to focus on the suspect in custody because this man is truly a dangerous person and you can discuss him at will.

Sometimes LE arrests family members or loved ones of suspects to put pressure on the main target to confess. If they find a person who Jenkins cares about and arrest them or find they are involved in some way, it may put pressure on Jenkins.

Been lurking and finally got activated. Here is what I think (if NJ is the perp):

1) He and his accomplice(s) spotted her pulling into where she stopped. My guess is Wal-Mart getting her kid some meds. Could have got her when she got out to go in or been waiting when she got to car. McDonalds drive thru seems too high risk as it is fairly lit and would be high chance of being seen up close by drive thru worker. *advertiser censored* n Go is pretty lit up too and at that time of night she would most likely be parking right in front. High chance of being seen by employee. Walmart parking lot would put him in less likely spot to be seen in significant light. Would also be very low traffic at that time during week.

2) Think the perp instructed her to drive to her house so they could rob them of more than a purse. Ultimately putting her on the route home.

3) Could be thinking that if they got to her house that her husband and kids would all be killed too. Jumped out of car at stop sign feeling like it may be her last chance before getting too close to her home.

5) Perp got out and shot her in the back. Then in the head.

6) Perp takes her car and they get a gas tank as his prints or DNA are in it. Purse and stuff are left at scene in order to get out of there asap as this part of the deal wasnt in the plan.

My guess is the only thing planned was to get in someone's vehicle and ride to their place to rob it. Probably also murder them when done.

NJ makes sense. He has a record of armed robbery. His wife has a history of theft. Was arrested on black friday last year at westroads. I would assume it is hard for you and your wife to support yourselves when you have that kind of criminal record and the tats they both have on their face. I can't imagine finding legit work is easy even if you wanted to.

Just my hypothesis. Hope I didnt break any rules. Will be glad to see this case solved. Feel horrible for the family!

Been lurking and finally got activated. Here is what I think (if NJ is the perp):

1) He and his accomplice(s) spotted her pulling into where she stopped. My guess is Wal-Mart getting her kid some meds. Could have got her when she got out to go in or been waiting when she got to car. McDonalds drive thru seems too high risk as it is fairly lit and would be high chance of being seen up close by drive thru worker. *advertiser censored* n Go is pretty lit up too and at that time of night she would most likely be parking right in front. High chance of being seen by employee. Walmart parking lot would put him in less likely spot to be seen in significant light. Would also be very low traffic at that time during week.

2) Think the perp instructed her to drive to her house so they could rob them of more than a purse. Ultimately putting her on the route home.

3) Could be thinking that if they got to her house that her husband and kids would all be killed too. Jumped out of car at stop sign feeling like it may be her last chance before getting too close to her home.

5) Perp got out and shot her in the back. Then in the head.

6) Perp takes her car and they get a gas tank as his prints or DNA are in it. Purse and stuff are left at scene in order to get out of there asap as this part of the deal wasnt in the plan.

My guess is the only thing planned was to get in someone's vehicle and ride to their place to rob it. Probably also murder them when done.

NJ makes sense. He has a record of armed robbery. His wife has a history of theft. Was arrested on black friday last year at westroads. I would assume it is hard for you and your wife to support yourselves when you have that kind of criminal record and the tats they both have on their face. I can't imagine finding legit work is easy even if you wanted to.

Just my hypothesis. Hope I didnt break any rules. Will be glad to see this case solved. Feel horrible for the family!

The only problem with leaving the purse is they would have to touch it to leave it. She would have had ID in her purse and the car could immediately be identified and patrol would be looking for it maybe before he could set it on fire. There is no mention of finding her purse unless it was what was retrieved from the rooftop of the gun shot near where the car was found. I don't think the suspect would want it found at all if they touched it. If he felt he had to start a fire he was concerned about prints. jmo

WELCOME BY THE WAY.

Glad you joined us sleuth. Just a few thoughts on your post.
1) To me it seems unlikely that she could have had time to stop at walmart. I occasionally shop at this walmart and have been there late at night. At this time of night the doors near the pharmacy are locked. So she would have had to park on the opposite side of the huge store, walk all the way to the pharmacy, find what she was looking for, check out and get back to her car in less than 10 minutes to fit the timeline.
2) This store is located off of 168th and maple. Fort is another mile to the north. Maple is a much more populated street with a lot more light. While we cannot discount how you mind works in a panicked state, this would be a much more logical route for her to take if she felt threatened.
3) The intersection she was found at is by far the more remote part of her route home. She was still a solid 2 miles from home. If she was going to attempt to make a run for it/run for help this would have been the least logical place. Again, cannot speak for a panicked mind.

These things just don't add up to me. I drive the route she drove nearly everyday. If she felt threatened at all before she reached the intersection at 168th and Fort I just can't see why she would drive north. Driving east and taking any other route to her home would bring many more houses, cars on the road, and opportunities for help. This makes me think she was attacked where she was found.

I just want to point out that this guy has not been officially named a suspect. He was taken into custody because of making terroristic threats to a different person and he has not been ruled out as a suspect. That's all that the news is saying at this point.

Although Jenkins has not OFFICIALLY been named a suspect, his track record and talking about his upcoming "exploits" before being released from prison definitely do not make his hands clean.

I am glad that there are suspects on the radar...

I can't seem to make this link clickable, but shortly after Andrea's senseless death, OPD wanted info on this chick...who looks very much like the woman taken into custody in association with Mr. Jenkins yesterday...strangely I found this posted on Jenkins' sister's page...

http://www.ketv.com/photos-police-want-help-identifying-woman/-/9675214/21620346/-/pxugyoz/-/index.html?fb_action_ids=427455484041063&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=timeline_og&action_object_map={%22427455484041063%22%3A393009770799209}&action_type_map={%22427455484041063%22%3A%22og.recommends%22}&action_ref_map=[]

Good points...

It would be hard to go thru the store etc in that time frame. Maybe she was intercepted immediately after parking and never made it in or maybe at another intersection. I dont see it being the gas station or McDonalds for reasons I mentioned. Doing it at an intersection at a time with little to no traffic, where someone has better chance of stepping on the gas and getting away is less appealing, if I am planning this in advance.

I can't get myself to see why the first point of contact would be where she was found. For reason above. But obviously it could have been. The point about her taking a more lit and trafficked Maple is solid. But what if she was told by the perp not to take it, for that reason?

If taking the car was the main goal I dont think it is left behind so quickly. Riding with your victim to their place at that time of night would be a "safer" way to rob a home. You aren't breaking into a house unsure what is going to happen on the other end. It's more likely you enter unoticed...no noise, less chance neighbors notice, less concern of a possible gun on other side etc. Also, you have a female out late at night by herself which to me says 'I'm more likely to be single' and more likely to be less to "handle" than a guy (obviously there are exceptions). Maybe I am overthinking or making a mistake thinking that a criminal would consider all of this.

I thought I read somewhere purse was at scene. Might have been dreaming.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back