Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #125

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uploading FOX with Larry Garrison at ~3:00 PM. Should be uploaded within the hour and will post it here.
What is his problem? He came off looking like a nut case. Jamie Colby was nice to him at first. He is just another crazy in a crazy case.

Personally, I think he is a poor excuse for a "spokesperson".

I asked that last night and someone said no. But - just had another thought - we do know her service was through AT&T right? Do they have a "friends" service? Like "my fav 5". If they do - would those records then reflect if that friend was in the 5 circle - and where they were?
Here is a good explanation of cell phone pings and how they work!!:

Multiple antennas are tracking your phone's signal, since each tower only covers a few square miles. But, as you move, your call travels with you and is handed off to the base station receiving the strongest signal from your phone. The carrier keeps records of which towers the phone has contacted or pinged, and when. Which means a cell phone's position over time can be tracked within a few hundred yards. In urban areas with many towers, a phone can be tracked almost to the block. And as most phones become equipped with GPS chips, they only need to be turned ON to pinpoint your location in real time!

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/01/23/39096.aspx

This is what I was wondering . Because he always says; "drug store" it drives me crazy!

Someone here said yesterday that the nephew (Tony Padilla) stated that his uncle was not talking in "code." Perhaps he will start suggesting that they drop her off at a Steak & Shake ~ aren't they open all night?

Hi everyone. I wanted to ask a question, and cant find the proper thread. But does anyone notice that when the BH is in interview he will usually mention that whoever has Caylee can drop her off anywhere, then he will specifically say a drop her at a drugstore and call in 2 days. Why do you think he always mentions drugstore, not any other location.

I think LP likes to leave *clues*......(real or not)

"Drop her @ drug store"======"We know about the drugs involved".

(or he simply wants to keep drugs/dealers a topic in the case)

See, this is what doesn't make sense to me. If Casey sat in one place for a few days, all 2500 pings would come from the same tower.

If all that Leonard is tracking is the location of Casey's phone, what does that have to do with those other people he said the pings will pinpoint?

Or if someone else was using her phone. Say just for arguments sake that she left her phone in Tony's car or anyone else for that matter.

Until the truth is known and backed with facts....all stories are substories. Very little of anything is established concrete fact...

Isn't that the truth!!!

Here's what we do know. Everyone is playing their own game, like a poker game.

LE is not going to go to the media and tell what evidence they have so far, if any. The media can speculate all they want, it's just not going to happen.

LE is not going to admit what type of case they are building to the general public. That would just be dumb, on their part.

JB is not going to admit what Casey tells him in confidence. It is his job to defend her, on whatever charges may come her way.

LP is not going to admit what he really has up his sleeve. He is a BH, and is well versed in tracking the most heinous criminals. He can say whatever he wants to media, and he seems to be doing that, and getting a big kick out of their frenzied reactions. He could be saying, we are searching for a kidnapped child, but in reality, it may all just be a mind game to get the right players to talk. He may be a character, but he's no dummy.

The media is going to report what they think will get them ratings. And that may mean changing their stance on a daily basis, just because some of the other players above said something to the media, for example, the whole Geraldo show last night.

In reality, until we know the facts of this case, everything else is just speculation, and is making everyone run around saying oh wait, did you hear what he just said, did you hear what she just said? The main players listed above in this case all know what they are doing, and they all have a job to do and they all have their own agenda. They are not going to reveal it to the media or the public, but they are all playing their own hand in this game, so they will reveal what they think might benefit them or what they WANT the other parties to think.

Perhaps. Padilla is biting off more than he can chew in that statement to track down where she was and who she was talking to, IMO. While he can prove the area where she was, he can't necessarily prove where the other person was with those records. He's have to go TALK to Casey's friends, and if you were them, what would you do if Cowboy Hat and Belt came up to you to talk to you about your calls and such with Casey? I know what I'd do....
Not necessarily. Let's say AH or RM or any of the "fab 5" have said that they were (or were NOT) with Casey on such and such a day at such and such a time - yet the phone records show that couldn't be possible. They were (or weren't) together. He could then go to where CA was and start asking questions (if that place were retail/public).

Can't wrap my head around the check made out to a drugstore or something. The one from her grandparent's account. Ok, given that I know a lot of places these days are so lax on confirming ID, I always use my card for purchases and hardly any ever ask to show I'm really me. Here's my ques: Can someone give me a scenario where she could have gotten $350 something worth of stuff at a drugstore with her grandparent's stolen check? Ok..wouldn't she have to use an ID with their name? Could she have been a signature authority on the account?
Could she have written it to herself, deposited into her account at an ATM, and withdrawn the cash?

Doesn't really jibe with why she wouldn't round up to an even amount, though.

No. Only for HER phone.

That's exactly what I thought, as well. So then what Padilla did last night on Geraldo was to put on this meaningless dog and pony show to explain how he's going to examine Casey's cell phone records to corroborate Casey's movements. To find Caylee. Because presumably, LE hasn't gone through those ping records four or five hundred times already.

This is what I was wondering . Because he always says; "drug store" it drives me crazy!

He finally said hospital the other night. He also said to "deposit" Caylee. He butchers words and peoples names including Casey=Stacy, Caylee=IT, and ZG=Zanoooda Zaddada Zeneeda Hernandeez Fernandeez Gonzalies.

Imo, it's just a weird pattern of careless speaking.

Yes - the question is how many 'pings' get reported for each call. Is it only the initial tower that picks up the call, or does it also show the relays as the signal bounces from tower to tower to get to the destination (or if it goes up to a satellite and then down to the receiving tower).

The way AT&T's network and phones work, your phone actually initiates the ping and the tower answers - and it automatically directs to the closest tower. That process, however, is not the same for other carriers.

See, this is what doesn't make sense to me. If Casey sat in one place for a few days, all 2500 pings would come from the same tower.

If all that Leonard is tracking is the location of Casey's phone, what does that have to do with those other people he said the pings will pinpoint?
He wants to see if any of those pings put her in the area of the known addresses of those people. He thinks she met with one or more of them possibly and this is what he is trying to decifer. If the tower her phone is pinging is near Joe Blow's, then one could think she was possibly there. See?!

Am gonna check them out.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the "team" is connected to a drug cartel.

And, really big ocean going vessels have big cargo holds too.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

They use a lot of personal yachts off the Florida coastal areas. It is 35 minutes from Orlando to Port Canaveral.

Because he is talking out of his azz... He is trying to imply he has some secret unknown technology. He probly just has now heard of cell phone pinging and thinks no one else has either and trying to use it as a scare tactic but ended up looking like a moron.

Not necessarily. Let's say AH or RM or any of the "fab 5" have said that they were (or were NOT) with Casey on such and such a day at such and such a time - yet the phone records show that couldn't be possible. They were (or weren't) together. He could then go to where CA was and start asking questions (if that place were retail/public).

This is true - however I get the feeling (and yeah it's only my gut) telling me he WANTS to talk to those fab 5.

Here is a good explanation of cell phone pings and how they work!!:

Multiple antennas are tracking your phone's signal, since each tower only covers a few square miles. But, as you move, your call travels with you and is handed off to the base station receiving the strongest signal from your phone. The carrier keeps records of which towers the phone has contacted or pinged, and when. Which means a cell phone's position over time can be tracked within a few hundred yards. In urban areas with many towers, a phone can be tracked almost to the block. And as most phones become equipped with GPS chips, they only need to be turned ON to pinpoint your location in real time!

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/01/23/39096.aspx
Yea, I've figured out how they do it. Got a real good lesson on "triangluation" the other night from a friend and how they draw the concentric circles around the towers and where those circles intersect is the location. I'm just wondering if LP is not so concerned about where CA was with the pings but where the "fab 5" WERE NOT?

Because he is talking out of his azz... He is trying to imply he has some secret unknown technology. He probly just has now heard of cell phone pinging and thinks no one else has either and trying to use it as a scare tactic but ended up looking like a moron.

BTW, if you turn your phone off? No pings.

I asked that last night and someone said no. But - just had another thought - we do know her service was through AT&T right? Do they have a "friends" service? Like "my fav 5". If they do - would those records then reflect if that friend was in the 5 circle - and where they were?

I don't know about the identity of the phone user's "friends", but I would say no to the ping records of the "friends". The federal government has defined ping records and the location of a person while on a cell phone as private and confidential.

He wants to see if any of those pings put her in the area of the known addresses of those people. He thinks she met with one or more of them possibly and this is what he is trying to decifer. If the tower her phone is pinging is near Joe Blow's, then one could think she was possibly there. See?!

I wonder why they have to go to all this trouble....why not ask Casey where she was when these phone calls were made? I guess even Leonard knows she lies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member