trial thread: 3/27/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she was unconscious or already dead! Is that why he had to get rid of the backseat? Was decomp smell seeping through that back seat?

Ugh.

Why isn't the drug dealer in jail? Or is she?:waitasec:

Its like they were doing all this running around and carrying on and what we have heard it just sounds like she wasnt even in the car. Is there proof that she was 100% in the car when they went to home depot, tim hortons etc?

TLM said she was.

Showing the jury the aisle the bags were purchased from.

Court is show photos of shelf where McClintic picked up garbage bags

Vittie says after watching the videos he bought the same garbage bags purchased and called another store to reserve the same kind of hammer.

RaffertyLFP: Court sees replica of receipt given to McClintic at Home Depot cost for hammer and garbage bags $27.54 - paid for with $40

Showing the jury the transaction record from McClintic's purchase. Garbage bags cost $5.39, hammer cost $18.98.

McClintic paid $40 in cash. Got $12.96 in change.

I think we can surmise who paid for what, but in the big picture, Tori was murdered and they acted together. Both caught on video in Guelph. Besides who knows how much money TLM or MR had on their person before visiting ATM. Just a thought and MOO

So, if Barbara Armstrong had been selling MTR drugs a "couple times a month" for a year, and she "met with him several days later" after April 8, 2009, was that the day that she sold him "a dozen more pills"?

If so, did that follow his "usual" pattern of purchases (if there was a pattern?)

Would MTR "normally" be back for more drugs within a few days of his last purchase, or was that an abnormality?

ETA: Here is the answer.

Woaaa.

He totally broke his pattern.

A dozen more times????

Is it a dozen pills and/or a dozen more occasions??? Either way, woaa.

You are totally right Wondergirl!! :what:
Barbara went from selling Rafferty pills a few times a month
to a dozen more occasions until his arrest on May 19, 2009
so from June 8th to May 19th Rafferty purchased pills from her more than 12 times

WOW!!!

Why the heck didn't the Crown make Rafferty's drug use escalation glaringly clear to the jury

http://www.canada.com/news/Stafford...+search+Tori/6365316/story.html#ixzz1qKtZq3qK

Armstrong considered Rafferty, 31, a "confidante" and sold him pills a few times a month for more than a year

Armstrong testified she sold Rafferty more painkillers a few days later and met with him on a dozen more occasions until his arrest on May 19, 2009.

I am just throwing this out there because I was thinking the same thing. Was she even in the car at this time?????? If so what made her so quite and still?

My guess is they gave her a percocet, I had an impacted wisdom tooth and this is what the dentist gave me, knocked me out. BTW, if the mother had back problems that required pain killers her doctor could have prescribed those, in Canada, we have medicare, you don't need to buy them off the street at 5 times the price unless there for recreational use. Also, really don't think a petrified child is going to start screaming, we don't know what he/she said to her in that car.

Who stops for drugs, money, home depot, tea etc in the middle of an abduction? Don't think he's too much of a planner

MR and TLM. Moreso MR, he was the engine, I mean driver. :moo:

You are totally right Wondergirl!! :what:
Barbara went from selling Rafferty pills a few times a month
to a dozen more occasions until his arrest on May 19, 2009
so from June 8th to May 19th Rafferty purchased pills fro her more than 12 times

Why the heck didn't the Crown make Rafferty's drug use escalation glaringly clear to the jury

http://www.canada.com/news/Stafford...+search+Tori/6365316/story.html#ixzz1qKtZq3qK

Armstrong considered Rafferty, 31, a "confidante" and sold him pills a few times a month for more than a year

Armstrong testified she sold Rafferty more painkillers a few days later and met with him on a dozen more occasions until his arrest on May 19, 2009.

He needed alot of drugs to push that conscience back in. Still don't get where the defense is going with this. The jury sees a girl who microwaved her dog, beat her mother, listened to thoughts of violent killing etc...per say WHY WOULD SHE BE NERVOUS exactly??

‏ @AM980_Court
  • Rafferty with little reaction so far this morning. Watching closely.

The heat is on! Wonder if he's about to cave and plead guilty. Probably not. The trial gets him out of prison for a bit. I don't think he's footing the bill so what the heck. Just :moo:

You don't go for a drug buy without knowing how much it will cost. I wonder how much was spent on the Percocets at BA's. He obviously must have had enough cash to pay for them, but not enough for the Home Depot purchase. Thus, the need for the ABM after the visit to BA. So, they weren't prepared to buy that hammer and the garbage bags before they set out for Guelph, but there was enough money for the drugs.

JMO

I thought I heard on the radio this morning (was it 680 news?) that he paid 2$ a pill? Not sure now. Does anyone happen to know? Sorry if this was addressed already. You know how it is when you're trying to catch up on the fly. :twocents:

Probably. My point was that if they knew they'd be making further purchases, he would have brought enough money with him to buy both the drugs and the Home Depot items.

JMO

Since this was a random abduction IMO, while they may have had a plan to try this, they could not have known for sure that they would be successful in abducting a child on that day. This may not have been the first time that they tried. If it was, they were both probably surprised how easy it was on the first try. And I doubt the plan was ever thought through as to what to do with the victim once she was sexually assaulted. That part of the plan was developed on the way out of town to the secluded area not far from where MR had lived at one point in his teen years IMO.

If it was a planned abduction to take Victoria for a drug debt that day then TLM would likely have had a weapon with her because she would have known that her plan was to abduct her and kill her....for revenge.

On a drug debt that didn't exist IMO.

MOO

My guess is they gave her a percocet, I had an impacted wisdom tooth and this is what the dentist gave me, knocked me out. BTW, if the mother had back problems that required pain killers her doctor could have prescribed those, in Canada, we have medicare, you don't need to buy them off the street at 5 times the price unless there for recreational use. Also, really don't think a petrified child is going to start screaming, we don't know what he/she said to her in that car.

It will certainly be interesting if Rafferty's Mother gets on the stand and clears this drug part up.

I don't believe Rafferty purchased drugs ----->for her{his Mother}

He appears such a coward blaming his Mother for the pills for his own drug habit

jmo

So, if Barbara Armstrong had been selling MTR drugs a "couple times a month" for a year, and she "met with him several days later" after April 8, 2009, was that the day that she sold him "a dozen more pills"?

If so, did that follow his "usual" pattern of purchases (if there was a pattern?)

Would MTR "normally" be back for more drugs within a few days of his last purchase, or was that an abnormality?

ETA: Here is the answer.

Woaaa.

He totally broke his pattern.

A dozen more times????

Is it a dozen pills and/or a dozen more occasions??? Either way, woaa.

Maybe MR's momma was real sick during this period and needed more percs? ;)

Who stops for drugs, money, home depot, tea etc in the middle of an abduction? Don't think he's too much of a planner

Someone who's trying to establish an alibi with his girlfriend for where they were the day a little girl from Woodstock went missing? Well not the Home Depot part. That was a necessary stop apparently. :(

MOO

Its like they were doing all this running around and carrying on and what we have heard it just sounds like she wasnt even in the car. Is there proof that she was 100% in the car when they went to home depot, tim hortons etc?

I don't know if there's any "proof" but where else could Tori have been? This is why I partly believe TLM's claims that she be-friended Tori and that helped keep Tori from screaming, etc. Plus I think a few nasty, loud words from MR would be scary and she may have just hidden under the coat from fear. Also, TLM testified that once they were on the highway, Tori was sitting up in the back... jmo but based on my own daughter (exact same age as Tori) I can see her being afraid and once confined in the car, perhaps not screaming, trying to escape, etc. and trying to be "good" until it was over :(

It's like Linda is reading here at Websleuths. :)

Thanks, Linda!

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN

Correction: Armstrong sold #Rafferty pills on a a dozen other occasions. It's unclear how many pills were actually sold.

Comment: It sure sounds like Rafferty broke his "pattern" of purchases.

Well he didn't have TLM around to supply him at that point. His mother must have been in a lot of pain. :wink:

MOO

The alibi he's trying to established includes a drug run? I would have liked to hear him say to LE, I have no idea, I wasn't around, shooting around town with my girlfriend, getting tea, and buying drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member