2010.05.10 - Casey Anthony Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about?

the defense was still asking for complete documentation from all the states' experts, all the benchnotes, all their CVs, all procedural info, all photos in their possession, etc (everything). State was still saying defense need to specify exactly which notes, documentation, and items they want.

JB making court aware of media frenzy not about Casey anthony or a small child. It is about money and lots of it

IMO, there was some hesitation on Baez's part between saying Casey's name and then saying 'small child', like, IMO, he couldn't recall Caylee's name. :furious::furious::furious:

I want to thank everybody again for their play by play...tomorrow is work from home for me so you know what I'll have on in the background!

I'm still amazed at the whole To Kill A Mockingbird reference. That makes it into my Top 100 Goofy Butt Things People Say That Make No Sense Whatsoever poll!

Sorry forgot who asked this but The GAG order has to do with the location and picking a jury. LDB requested it and the Judge ordered it.

I wish the prosecution would just hand over all dicoverables for crying out loud. Spare us all the tedium. It's a shame the defense are supposed to have to figure out what the state has and ask for it specifically in order to receive discovery. Isn't there a legal presumption that the state will provide all discovery and that all the experts, labs, etc will provide all discovery without a motion being made for every tiny piece by tiny piece? I guess not.

seagull...let's wait and see...my opinion is that Jose is asking the state for things that either the state is not required to turn over in discovery OR discovery that Jose has to go to court in order to get the discovery himself from FBI and Body Farm. The state has no obligation to give the defense any evidence from out of state entities...Jose has to get off his A$$ and get it for himself.

the defense was still asking for complete documentation from all the states' experts, all the benchnotes, all their CVs, all procedural info, all photos in their possession, etc (everything). State was still saying defense need to specify exactly which notes, documentation, and items they want.
No; the defense were asking for things that are not discoverable. I defer to Judge Perry in this matter.

Sorry forgot who asked this but The GAG order has to do with the location and picking a jury. LDB requested it and the Judge ordered it.

Ahh thank you so much I was reading as fast as I could but when I hear GAG I always am hoping they will shut up JB with the media.

Yeah...I noticed Cindy had to do her "rubbins" on Conway! Wonder if she is itching to get some "rubbins" on Judge Perry. :waitasec:

Thank God I missed that (not only did I forget about the hearing but my connection cut out right as Mason was saying he had to be excused early tomorrow). If I'd have seen CA doing her "rubbin" on anyone----I think I would have thrown up. I'm not kidding....I get a physical reaction when she does that. :puke:

moo

It mad me mad when Baez said that this trial is not about justice (and he said something else), but about money. That mad me so upset. This is about Caylee. How awful not to acknowledge that a terrible, horrific, and very tragic happened. That is why Casey is there. That is why he(Baez) is there (MAKING MONEY). And everyone else is there in the courtroom, those of us watching from across the country and all over. It's about justice for a poor, little, innocent, helpless child, who didn't deserve what happened to her. And, it's about making the monster, (the one who was suppose to love her, and protect her, pay the price for killing her. Maybe he is speaking from HIS position and reasons why he is involved in this case. But, for the rest us, it all about poor sweet little Caylee. She deserves this trial. She deserves the truth to be told.

said west palm is ideal jury pool . hotel for 4 months. i asked if rich jurors are only ones who can afford to miis work for this long. do jurors only get few dollars per day? how can theuy let jurors lose pay and get berhind on fifnances . most need wekly paychecks to pay bills. how does this work ? palm beach is rich areas
Good point. I imagine we may see a lot of older/ retired people on the jury.

I'm hoping for a retired school teacher, retired policemen, etc.

People with common sense, who are well-versed in logic, with long life experience and the wisdom that comes with it.

I thought the gag order was about the Attorney's talking to the media during the trial?

Baez wants South Florida BECAUSE as we know......he told KC it's really interesting how the courts work down there. Ahem........read between the lines here.

Then google Broward- Dade county corrupt court system r judicial system and read for a while.

Ok, according to WW, he and Casey were at Ikea on July 5th. They spent hours there looking for items to put into their houses (hers was supposed to be a new one). So once again, she was looking for something, it just wasn't Caylee!! I wonder why we haven't seen these yet??

Wow, another bumbling day for Baez in court. I'm thinking he thought better of bringing in the TES motion, and good thing. That would have been yet another smackdown. He needs to learn that HE. NEEDS. TO. DO. HIS. OWN. WORK! No one else is going to do it for him!

I cannot BELIEVE he brought in To Kill a Mockingbird. Who else thinks CM gave him the cliffnotes to read up on? Or rented him the movie to make him watch the courtroom scenes? And what's next, dressing up Casey in tatters and having her lean on a crutch like Tiny Tim in a Christmas Carol? Stop trying to impress us by making us think you read real books, or any books for that matter, Baez. It is SO NOT WORKING!

Loving the continual smackdowns by the judge. I about fell out of my chair laughing when he told Baez to get the point. I wonder if Baez can actually do that? I was a bit disappointed that JP didn't rule on some of these motions and put the pictures motion off until March 2011! Oh well, I guess he has to throw the defense some bones, you know?

And you know, I'd like to think Baez is intentionally looking dumber than a box of hair, but the sad thing is, he's not! Apparently in it's in his nature to be one of the worst defense attorneys out there. His arguments made no sense - HELLO BAEZ! YOUR CLIENT IS THE ONE WHO SAID SHE WAS LOOKING FOR ZENAIDA IN THE CLUBS! which makes the pictures of her in the very clubs she was referring to REVELANT! Why in the hell is he SO CLUELESS? I can't believe he tried to argue that those pics had nothing to do with Caylee missing with a STRAIGHT FACE.

Seriously, AZlawyer, do you have to make stupid arguments just to say you're doing your best for your client?

I swear, I have never seen a more incompetent attorney. I seriously hope his experts know how to use technology because the state will sure be using it, and I wonder if Casey can appeal based on her defense being technologically deficient.

Can't wait for more fireworks tomorrow!!!

It mad me mad when Baez said that this trial is not about justice (and he said something else), but about money. That mad me so upset. This is about Caylee. How awful not to acknowledge that a terrible, horrific, and very tragic happened. That is why Casey is there. That is why he(Baez) is there (MAKING MONEY). And everyone else is there in the courtroom, those of us watching from across the country and all over. It's about justice for a poor, little, innocent, helpless child, who didn't deserve what happened to her. And, it's about making the monster, (the one who was suppose to love her, and protect her, pay the price for killing her. Maybe he is speaking from HIS position and reasons why he is involved in this case. But, for the rest us, it all about poor sweet little Caylee. She deserves this trial. THAT"S what this is about!!! How dare he say that today. She deserves the truth to be told.:behindbar:clap:

It mad me mad when Baez said that this trial is not about justice (and he said something else), but about money. That mad me so upset. This is about Caylee. How awful not to acknowledge that a terrible, horrific, and very tragic happened. That is why Casey is there. That is why he(Baez) is there (MAKING MONEY). And everyone else is there in the courtroom, those of us watching from across the country and all over. It's about justice for a poor, little, innocent, helpless child, who didn't deserve what happened to her. And, it's about making the monster, (the one who was suppose to love her, and protect her, pay the price for killing her. Maybe he is speaking from HIS position and reasons why he is involved in this case. But, for the rest us, it all about poor sweet little Caylee. She deserves this trial. She deserves the truth to be told.

Money for WHO? The state hasn't made any money of this. HE has, CASEY has, CINDY and GEORGE have.

I just know those pics are coming in. They are relevant. At least the ones after Caylee disappeared. The same arguments apply regarding the tattoo on both sides. I can see it in the Judges face. As well as those 911 calls. JP starts to look amused and gets a twinkle in his eye. He has to hear the legal arguments but he knows what's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23