Is Lisa's case going to end up a cold case?

In the court of public opinion, DB has been found guilty. She has to live with that for rest of her life, unless Lisa's body is found and someone else is charged. I couldn't handle knowing that everyone hated me and thought I was a murderer. The horrible and disgusting things that are written on the about about DB sicken me.

What sickens me is that these precious babies keep getting snuffed out. :banghead: I don't waste my time on feeling sorry for DB. If DB wanted her name cleared and is innocent, she knows what to do.

DB only has to march her tail down to LE and answer the hard questions they have about who was in and out of the house that night. Only she can do that.

Baby Lisa won't be opening any presents this year IMHO

If the Irwins are guilty, I can see them wanting the case to fade away to protect their reputation. It may be tarnished, but it's not completely ruined. The longer this case is in the media, the more well known the Irwins will become to the public, and the more likely that people will still recognize them and their names as the years go by.

Looks like a cold case at this point. Of course anything can change.

If the Irwins are guilty, I can see them wanting the case to fade away to protect their reputation. It may be tarnished, but it's not completely ruined. The longer this case is in the media, the more well known the Irwins will become to the public, and the more likely that people will still recognize them and their names as the years go by.

Sadly, the same can be said if they are innocent. They are probably aware by now that Lisa is not likely to come back. She is either dead, or (hopefully) has been adopted by someone who really wanted a baby, and (also hopefully) is not aware that her new baby was kidnapped.

They have to continue to live their lives, and they have two sons to worry about. Like it or not, the boys may be treated poorly if their parents are seen as baby-killers. The parents may have given up or they may have to give up, for the sake of their other children.

OH MY GOD!!!

For anyone to report anything said by that crazy Johnny Chivalette is ridiculous. There is no way in hell that DB or JI confessed anything to that creep.

Further, I do not believe in a zillion years that DB called someone at MW's to help with disposing of the body.

The whole article is just a bunch of ***** IMO. There may be a shred of truth in it here or there, but it is all fuzzy and things don't tie in.

I am beginning to really dislike Ron Rugen.

Edited to add: Shame on LE for not coming forward to deny some of this garbage. If it's true, then go make the arrest. GRRRR, I'm really angry about reading this. Can't you tell.

OH MY GOD!!!

For anyone to report anything said by that crazy Johnny Chivalette is ridiculous. There is no way in hell that DB or JI confessed anything to that creep.

Further, I do not believe in a zillion years that DB called someone at MW's to help with disposing of the body.

The whole article is just a bunch of ***** IMO. There may be a shred of truth in it here or there, but it is all fuzzy and things don't tie in.

Edited to add: Shame on LE for not coming forward to deny some of this garbage. If it's true, then go make the arrest. GRRRR, I'm really angry about reading this. Can't you tell.

More unsubstantiated information. I agree it's frustrating Detective Klimpt!

I don't think LE should come out and confirm or deny these kinds of reports however. They've got better things to do and there are just too many sources of unconfirmed information floating around. JMO...

I see that Jim Spellman did not cover the Lisa case with Vinnie P today due to other breaking news, but he tweeted that it will be covered tomorrow.

A tweeter asked Mr. Spellman about that blog story Detective Klimpt linked upthread; I like Mrs. Spellman's succint reply:

Tweet question to Jim Spellman:
I just read a blog that states DB admitted to being drunk and accidentally killing Lisa? Know anything about that? Weird.

7 hours ago

Jim Spellman's reply:
looked bogus to me.

3 hours ago via web
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if the story is true or not, but it is not corroborated by anyone AFAIK. Just another rumor unless/until it is confirmed by LE or a credible witness, imo...

I went through a few pages of cases, where the victim was found murdered, on the Located forum, to see how long it took until an arrest (if any):

Arrest within 2 weeks of victim being reported missing
Jorelys Rodriguez: 5 days until arrest
Lauren Giddings: 9 days until arrest
Skyler Kauffman: 2 days until arrest
Tyler Dasher: 1 day until arrest
Yashanee Laface Vaughn: 12 days until arrest
Lauren Ackerson: 7 days until arrest
Sian O'Callaghan: 5 days until arrest
Mariha Trenice Smith: 13 days until arrest
Breann Rodriguez: 7 days until arrest

Unsolved
Celina Cass: unsolved for 4 months so far
Sonia Varaschin: unsolved for 15 months so far
Morgan Harrington: unsolved for 2+ years so far
Sylar Newton: unsolved for 15 months so far
Phylicia Barnes: unsolved for almost a year
Kera Freeland: unsolved for 7 months
Lachlan Cranswick: unsolved for 10 months
Kelly Catalano: unsolved for 10 months

1 month or longer until arrest
Michelle Le: 3 months until arrest
Alexis Rasmussen: 2 months until arrest
Kenia Monge: 4 months until arrest
Mackenzie Cowell: 7 months until arrest

I know that Lisa hasn't been found, and this isn't scientific research, but it does seem like if an arrest isn't make relatively quickly in a case, it's going to go unsolved.

Sometimes, I wonder if a case getting its own forum is a bad omen. It seems like if a case gets its own forum, it's because it's expected to have continuous interest, and that's more true of unsolved cases than cases that are waiting to go to trial.

Very interesting eileen - thanks for pulling this together.

I am not familiar with Yashanee or Sian's cases, but all of the other ones where an arrest was made within 2 weeks are familiar to me. In all of them, LE had the body quickly and then were able to make the arrest shortly thereafter. I think the body and cause of death are the biggest factors in confirming suspects and contributing to quick arrests. I hope Lisa is alive, but if she's not, I do hope she is found soon and that her remains tell a story that helps LE bring the right person(s) to justice.

It's interesting that many posters in this thread think that Lisa's parents want her case to fade away, while in other threads, I've seen many posts saying that Lisa's parents want to get as much fame, attention, and money out of this case as they can.

I think it is a combination of both. Until DB's feelings were hurt by the vigorous questioning of LE, she was pretty much a regular on every talk show and news media, giving interview after interview. As soon as she realized that the public support was waning a bit, and that LE were finding out a few incriminating things, she lawyered up and eventually listened to the lawyer and shut up. Now, with the custody battle beginning to heat up for Irwin's son, I hoping that if JI loses his son due to this that he will be angry enough to buck DB and come clean about what happened to Lisa. Right now, it is cold until that happens or someone finds Lisa.

OH MY GOD!!!

What kills me is how all of this is stated as FACT, not speculation. Ron Rugen did post on the article to say that he was being misquoted, but he DID come out and post the 'leak' about the items that the cadaver dog allegedly hit on, so I don't know that he has a lot of room to talk when it comes to posting unsubstantiated information. That Johnny C. seriously comes off as a whackaloon from what I have read of his rantings and does not sound to me like someone who can be considered a serious or reliable witness. But hey, since his views point to DB's guilt, his word too is considered by some to be gospel.

IMO, LE is not necessarily in the business of denying wild internet rumors, but if someone takes all this blogger speculation as fact and decides to take matters into their own hands to pursue 'justice' then I think there are several people who will own some of the blame. This kind of stuff in addition to the planned 'march' on the Irwin home this weekend really concerns me. There are a lot of very angry people out there, and I am not sure that all of them will be content to wait for LE to make a move & the courts to act.

I think it is a combination of both. Until DB's feelings were hurt by the vigorous questioning of LE, she was pretty much a regular on every talk show and news media, giving interview after interview. As soon as she realized that the public support was waning a bit, and that LE were finding out a few incriminating things, she lawyered up and eventually listened to the lawyer and shut up. Now, with the custody battle beginning to heat up for Irwin's son, I hoping that if JI loses his son due to this that he will be angry enough to buck DB and come clean about what happened to Lisa. Right now, it is cold until that happens or someone finds Lisa.

....But Deborah wasn't a regular on every talk show and news media. I believe the only media outlets she's talked to are GMA, Megyn Kelly, and maybe local news at the beginning of the case. What am I missing?

What kills me is how all of this is stated as FACT, not speculation. Ron Rugen did post on the article to say that he was being misquoted, but he DID come out and post the 'leak' about the items that the cadaver dog allegedly hit on, so I don't know that he has a lot of room to talk when it comes to posting unsubstantiated information. That Johnny C. seriously comes off as a whackaloon from what I have read of his rantings and does not sound to me like someone who can be considered a serious or reliable witness. But hey, since his views point to DB's guilt, his word too is considered by some to be gospel.

IMO, LE is not necessarily in the business of denying wild internet rumors, but if someone takes all this blogger speculation as fact and decides to take matters into their own hands to pursue 'justice' then I think there are several people who will own some of the blame. This kind of stuff in addition to the planned 'march' on the Irwin home this weekend really concerns me. There are a lot of very angry people out there, and I am not sure that all of them will be content to wait for LE to make a move & the courts to act.

Really have no faith in Ron Rugen. He does this for a living but he's doing it for free? and just happens to leak info. Nah.

Yes, I believe this case is getting cold . . .

I feel the parents have told LE everything they can, and LE is doing everything they can to find Pumpkin Pie. No march or "vigil" in front of the parents/victims' house, how ever intended, will find Lisa.

You can tell when an earlier Hot Case goes cold: threads are full of the same stuff & there are no new ideas, insight, or ideas . . . gets boring but there are always other missing children.

I feel the parents have told LE everything they can, and LE is doing everything they can to find Pumpkin Pie. No march or "vigil" in front of the parents/victims' house, how ever intended, will find Lisa.

You can tell when an earlier Hot Case goes cold: threads are full of the same stuff & there are no new ideas, insight, or ideas . . . gets boring but there are always other missing children.

Certainly want Baby Lisa to be found, but there are also too many red herrings and out of place people.......... to get boring to me.

This forum is still very active, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's very, very quiet a year from now. I may be mistaken but I believe Kyron's forum was moving a lot faster at the two-month mark than Lisa's forum currently is, and now Kyron's forum moves very slowly.

One, they did not ask them to stop. Only to relocate.
Two, Let's see if Mr Former Homicide Detective wants Edith to camp out at his front yard daily and her to invite strangers every night also.

Yes to the first response.
And touche to the second!

Another FYI to all WebSleuthers:OCRegister - 12-7-11 - "Annual Angel of Hope Vigil Honors Youngest Lives Lost'

Lake Forest, CA - "When Erin Runnion first spoke at the Angel of Hope ceremony nine years ago in memory of her daughter Samantha, it was an attempt at understanding what life without her would mean."

This ceremony is held annually at El Toro Memorial Park in Lake Forest, CA.
BTW - My baby, Brian, who died of SIDS 24 years ago, is buried in this Memorial Park.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back