Heath Ledger has been found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so terrible. What a waste. I have no idea but I really think this is accidental overdose. Someone posted a quote of his that he couldn't sleep well so IMO, he probably was just trying to get some sleep.

IF it was not accidental, I cannot imagine the despair he must have been in to deliberately leave his daughter. Maybe I shouldn't post this, but my husband lives with constant, chronic pain and I know he's contemplated suicide in the past. But that was BEFORE we had our son. NO amount of pain now would make him even consider it.

RIP Heath and prayers to family and loved ones.

I liked him in "Monster's Ball." He was a great actor. This just saddens me.

Online for the first time today and was stunned and heartbroken to hear about this. What a loss. He tore my heart out in Brokeback Mountain with the depth of his talent. He's been so good in so many things.

May he rest in peace and my deepest prayers for his family and friends.

CNN, what a bunch of retards. They are like "was it his role of the Joker that pushed him over the edge?"
I'm sorry, but I think the role of ENNIS would have been the role that caused him to have to push some traditional boundaries... not the joker there people!!!!! I do NOT think that this role pushed him over the edge? What are they thinking!!!!!
Oh, and they are like saying that even though they were OTC he could have OD'd on the pills... Drew Pinksy is saying they could have had Tylenol in them, ect. Tylenol OD'ing doesn't kill "just" you like that, and neither do the common OTC sedatives. It at least takes a couple hours, you know? This is retarded. Something else happened or it was some other kind of overdose.

My guess? Recreational drug use leading to an accidental OD OR, more likely - I think this was a natural cause of death.

Have you SEEN his portrayal of the Joker??? It's extremely disturbing and psychotic.

Usually over the counter sleeping pills are benedryl. I know they can bring children down easy. An adult? I'm not sure you can accidentaly take that much, IMO. I'll have to go look. And Acetaminophen takes days or weeks to die from. Not pleasant at all.

I was just reading about the Oscars and was saddened by the thought of seeing Heath Ledger in the Oscar montage for stars that have passed away.

Usually over the counter sleeping pills are benedryl. I know they can bring children down easy. An adult? I'm not sure you can accidentaly take that much, IMO. I'll have to go look. And Acetaminophen takes days or weeks to die from. Not pleasant at all.

SPOT on ! that is why i think pinsky was wrong. now... CNN broke in and said TWO types of pills were found... RX and OTC... so that would make more sense with the suicide. but at the time they were just saying otc.

I remember that well, he died on the street outside a club, I forget whom owned the club, someone else famous, I have a name in mind but I don't want to misspeak. His sister is married to Casey Affleck (Ben's Bro). They just had their second son together.

I know Johnny Depp has or had a stake in the Viper Room. He and River started it together.

Have you SEEN his portrayal of the Joker??? It's extremely disturbing and psychotic.
well just a couple of clips but come on! its the joker!! we all know he's a sicko if you've read the comics but it shouldn't be that bad!!

SPOT on ! that is why i think pinsky was wrong. now... CNN broke in and said TWO types of pills were found... RX and OTC... so that would make more sense with the suicide. but at the time they were just saying otc.

I guess too much of anything is not good. But isn't benadryl usually used to counteract some overdoses? Which is kind of interesting in itself. Hmmmm.

well just a couple of clips but come on! its the joker!! we all know he's a sicko if you've read the comics but it shouldn't be that bad!!

Depends how deep he had to go to bring that out of himself, I guess. We'll never know, I reckon. I'll have to view the trailers some more to see how much they show of the character.

he would have to be like, a really mentally unstable person to not be able to separate self from character. THAT i agree with Dr. Drew Pinskey on DK!! That is what i am getting at!!

:)

What a tragedy.

Natalie Merchant has a beautiful song on her 1995 album "Tigerlily" that she wrote about the death of River Phoenix and the media frenzy that followed. I believe they were friends. I listened to that song for years before I finally realized it was about River Phoenix. Its definitely worth a listen if you are not familiar with it. Its called "River". Here are the lyrics...

River

Young & strong Hollywood son
In the early morning light
This star fell down
On Sunset Boulevard

Young & strong beautiful one
One that we embraced so close
Is gone
Was torn away

Let the youth of America mourn
Include him in their prayers
Let his image linger on
Repeat it everywhere

With candles with flowers
He was one of ours
One of ours

Why don't you let him be?
He's gone
We know
Give his mother & father peace
Your vulture's candor
Your casual slander
Will murder his memory
He's gone
We know
And it's nothing but a tragedy

Lay to rest your soul and body
Lay beside your name
Lay to rest your rage
Your hunger and amazing grace

With candles, with flowers
You were one of ours
One of ours

I saw cameras expose your life
I heard rumors explode with lies
I saw children with tears
Cry and crowd around the sight
Of where you had collapsed that day
Where your last breath & word
Had been sighed
Where your heart had burst
Where you had died

I saw how they were lost in grieving
All half-believing you were gone
The loss and pain of it
Crime and the shame of it
You were gone
It was such a nightmare raving,
"how could we save him
From himself?"

Deal with your demons or they will deal with you...I think actors and actresses have a constant need for approval but at the same time, deal with constant rejection/competition. It can be a lethal combination. Get successful and you are surrounded by yes-men and women on every side.

I am just sad to see another talented young person with a whole life ahead of them, lose it. What a waste.

On TMZ, I just saw a clip of Heath being brought out in a bag on a gurney. He looks so tiny, like a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth