a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Pasa! I'll be hanging on the thread awaiting your next post. I appreciate that you post just when we need some fresh info to chew over!

I'm intrigued by your conversation with the ladies from Yreka. That's a long way to travel!

PASA - your leg shaving wasn't completely in vain. If your legs (bare??) were caught on camera, we would have known....

marcie I have to say I'm baffled myself.

At first I didn't think it would be for $ like $amuels. She doesn't look like a big money seeker, to me.

Then I didn't think it was for fame as she is at a mid level of notoriety in her field and seems to like that kind of grassroots level lifestyle.

I don't have a clear sense of why she'd throw her long earned career under the bus for this sociopath.

But after these courtroom antics of derailing the trial, asking for early breaks she doesn't need , approaching Travis' family etc. I'm thinking a healthy degree of Narcissism may be at play here. And this would be too good an opportunity for recognition for a Narcissist to pass up. That's the only thing I'm landing on at this point.

It's baffling as she's destroying her career. Maybe she was wanting to retire???

You know, I was trying to think of why someone would stand up so blatantly biased for JA. I came up with she looks like retirement age, maybe just wanted a nestegg for her to fall back on. Also, since she seems to have a very active 'workshop' life, she will do ok. Those who don't follow trials will not understand the depths to which this woman has stooped. It is a travesty that she pretends to advocate for dv victims though. I just wonder what her counselling has consisted of over the years. I started off giving her the benefit of the doubt. Her cv was fine and she seemed reasonable, but in the end the blather that spewed forth was almost incomprehensible coming from an 'expert'. thanks for listening. MOO

Regarding the CV, 20 pages is really not that long. While resumes should be only a page or two, people who have CV's often list practically everything they've ever done professionally, whether it's co-authoring an article, attending a conference, being a speaker, etc. I know someone whose CV is so long that he has a table of contents page. :floorlaugh:

One thing I noted in her testimony about her credentials was that's shed received lots of awards. When she was questioned from where her only response was the battered women's shelter she's worked for years. What was that? Employee of the Month? A bit weak.

I understand that the judge had a little convo with AVL after court.. would love to have been a fly on the wall for that one. Of course the judge is MUCH nicer than I am..

She should have been formally and publicly sanctioned. Let's compare: Juan Martinez getting a few pics w taxpayers one time on the courthouse steps outside the view of any jurors to a defense witness testifying vile and horrible things about the victim, then walking right off the stand to the grieving family, violating their boundaries uninvited and getting in their face.

Which of these needed a public hearing and formal sanctions on the record?

Another example of how murderer's rights trump victims over and over again.

I know the cameraman in the courtroom all the way back to,Scott Peterson. He likes me. I'm gonna ask him Monday if there is any footage.

One thing I noted in her testimony about her credentials was that's shed received lots of awards. When she was questioned from where her only response was the battered women's shelter she's worked for years. What was that? Employee of the Month? A bit weak.

...I'd guess. Volunteer of the Month.

marcie I have to say I'm baffled myself.

At first I didn't think it would be for $ like $amuels. She doesn't look like a big money seeker, to me.

Then I didn't think it was for fame as she is at a mid level of notoriety in her field and seems to like that kind of grassroots level lifestyle.

I don't have a clear sense of why she'd throw her long earned career under the bus for this sociopath.

But after these courtroom antics of derailing the trial, asking for early breaks she doesn't need , approaching Travis' family etc. I'm thinking a healthy degree of Narcissism may be at play here. And this would be too good an opportunity for recognition for a Narcissist to pass up. That's the only thing I'm landing on at this point.

It's baffling as she's destroying her career. Maybe she was wanting to retire???

After Alyce testified that first day, I sort of liked her. I now retract that feeling.

Frankly, I think she's such a narcissist that she thinks she's going to enlighten all of us dullards in the world and save Jodi's life in the process.

I also don't think that she has any idea how big this trial is. This is a person that doesn't "use the email" or the internet. My 85 year old grandfather emails and surfs the web all day long!

Alyce is happy living in her 70's Brady Bunch world where she gladly would accuse Mike Brady of abusing Carol if he ate the last of Alice's meatloaf and didn't share.

What gives ALV the RIGHT to dare approach Samantha after slandering Travis and saying she does not think he is a victim????

THANK YOU :goodpost:

I HOPE SOMETHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!

I really wonder if when ALV agreed to testify in this case she saw it as some kinda windfall as she's never really made much money, it seems. Look at Henry Lee, heck even Dr. $amuels. When professionals sometimes reach a certain age they want to retire and they will throw their career under the bus to go working for defense attorneys. Maybe they are tired, afraid of financial issues w retirement, want to try something new, who knows. What's for certain is the big bucks are in defense work as evidenced by $amuels own website.

I think the X factor here is ALV had no idea when she took the case how huge this trial would be. If not for the cameras and enormity of this trial her behavior would go unchecked. It probably already has in other cases. But now instant karma is biting her back.

She should have been formally and publicly sanctioned. Let's compare: Juan Martinez getting a few pics w taxpayers one time on the courthouse steps outside the view of any jurors to a defense witness testifying vile and horrible things about the victim, then walking right off the stand to the grieving family, violating their boundaries uninvited and getting in their face.

Which of these needed a public hearing and formal sanctions on the record?

Obviously, now we know why ALV loves JA....they both know no boundaries.

And obviously, not much empathy.

I am confused at how long ALV has been peddling her stuff. Who buys into that hardcore feminist stuff anymore? DID she make a career for herself by volunteering? Abuse hotline anyone?

You know I bet she even got Volunteer of the Year! :rocker:

Oh, she knows. She made a reference to whether or not she would have a job to go back to during the first few minutes of her direct. This was a conscious roll of the dice for old Alyce.

She has made herself toxic. No one is going to work with the woman who defended Jodi Arias.

Aside from ALV's $300/hr fee I wonder if that includes her two weeks of accomodations/meals etc, or whether that is an additional expense. I have to say what troubled me most was viewing her 'snow white' video, I think at one point my mouth dropped open, because it became clear her whole 'talk' was loaded with comedy, and maybe it's me but I just don't see 'humor' as appropriate when someone is talking about DV.

Employee of the month.. hmmnnn.. means she was on time to work.

Thanks Pasa, so interesting to hear all of your observations, hope your feeling better KCL! I went back to yesterday but didnt see. Is Beth C going to report on ALVs disgusting attempt o manipulate Samantha ?

Thanks Pasa, so interesting to hear all of your observations, hope your feeling better KCL! I went back to yesterday but didnt see. Is Beth C going to report on ALVs disgusting attempt o manipulate Samantha ?

I think we will see some reporting on this.

If Beth is going to air the issue, you can be sure she won't do it until she has it 100% verified. It's not that I don't believe our wonderful Katie, it's just that there has to be corroboration. Beth's no tabloid journalist like so many we know. She's an ethical attorney first, always.

Once it passes HLN legal, I would expect it to be a "BOMBSHELL" on Monday or soon thereafter. I'm sure that they are hunting through all the footage at HLN/CNN/InSession as well. A picture is worth 1000 words!

I'm so glad "our" lovely KKL was there as a solid witness to this disgusting event. I also wonder if ALV realized that the seated woman she hovered over and whose space she invaded is LE? BIG MISTAKE!

I am still so enraged by ALV's approaching Samantha. Someone has got to take this story and run with it. She has the Gaul to say anything, to approach any member of the real victim's family, KNOWINGLY, that it is unacceptable! After destroying her brother on the stand by claiming he was not the victim and JA is, but yet stopping court early, purposely to evoke ANY type of emotion from the family is indeed ABUSE! Ms "expert" on any type of emotional, psychological or physical abuse, is well aware that Travis' family has been repeatedly abused daily by listening to this drivel. And, even if it was a flattering comment to Samantha, or an apology ( i doubt it) ..it was still blatant and purposeful to intimidate this family. She KNOWS what she did is wrong, and someone should stop and fine her for this. The jury, again..will never know, but we and more importantly the court should react, for the victim and his family. Totally unacceptable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam