Tim Miller Speaks Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRACE: Ms. Sheffield, have you taken a lie detector test?

SHEFFIELD: I sure have.

GRACE: And did you pass it?

SHEFFIELD: As far as I know. The man that did it told me he thinks I did, but they had to send it off to Washington to the...

GRACE: And did you do it voluntarily? Did you protest, or did you go along?

SHEFFIELD: Yes, I did.

GRACE: Everyone, Crystal Sheffield announcing tonight she has taken and passed a lie detector test.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/24/ng.01.html

Thanks busy, yes that sounds about to be the answer I remember. I surely didn't recall her stating that she 100% passed it. Her answer sounds very honest to me.

All the reading I have done says none of them are accurate.

Then why would LE use them all the time? In just about every case, everyone close to the victim is asked to take polygraphs. It is an investigative tool... but it is usually accurate enough that they know who to focus on.

http://www.samwatkinscountry.com/Shows_and_Events.html

On October 17,2009

BENEFIT CONCERT FOR HALEIGH CUMMINGS

The best part of the night came all the way from Houston! Mr. Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch drove all the way from Houston, Texas to
the Benefit to meet Crystal and Marie. They talked like old friends and made plans to search for Haleigh. Crystal and Marie told us that
they had never met Mr. Tim Miller and if it wasn’t for the Benefit, they probably would not have met. Mission accomplished! Mr. Tim Miller will use all his resources to help Crystal and Marie and will not give up until Haleigh is found! The rest of the night, they enjoyed the music and company. There was less stress and pressure in their hearts, they knew that Mr. Miller
would never give up!
Meeting Mr. Miller was a great pleasure for us all, a nicer and kinder man, we have never met. That night brought together a lot of
amazing people that might have never met, all were there for a beautiful little girl that most of us have never met but yet we all love her!Let’s all help Mr. Tim Miller “Bring Haleigh Home!”
Mail all donations to: Texas EquuSearch, P.O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539 Online donations can be made at the Texas EquuSearch website at : www.texasequusearch.org.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/10/24/news/news01.txt

Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller, who has assisted law enforcement in the search for Haleigh since February, says the group focuses on finding children who still have a chance to be alive. That no longer includes the missing 6-year-old from Satsuma. more at link above.....

Tim Miller has become more than just a search and rescue person in this case, imo. He's now inserted deeply, having done police type tests, knows very intimate insider information, having spent many hours with the family, searched for Haleigh with Ron on horseback, set up a sting operation if you will with "Undercover Mama" Donna Brock.

Tim's continued efforts to talk about this case with the media and anyone else is quickly making him a "player" in this case, imo.

I don't know how to take Tim Miller and his statements lately. He's all over the place in Haleighs case. Statements are contradictory.

Tim sounds off at video link below
http://www.wesh.com/video/21431618/index.html

in this video of Tim speaking with the Reporter named Michelle, he mentions a new tid bit I never heard before. Misty wanted to commit suicide according to Tim. He claims Donna took Misty to the Hospital and after being there for three hours, Misty refused treatment and they left.

article

http://www.wesh.com/news/21431079/detail.html
gathered links from stickies, Bless Angel Who Cares for her hard work around ws.

I think he got a little closer than he likes to get in these cases and it shows. I am not surprised about Misty expressing that she wanted to kill herself. I wonder why she refused treatment? Man talk about going from one extreme to another. What I am interested in hearing about is the alleged anger issues that TM says Donna witnessed. I am hoping that since Tim Miller told Donna that she couldn't do that radio show because there was an ongoing investigation.....that whoever was doing the investigating would finish it up so we can get the rest of the story.

Also, you are sooo right about Angel Who Cares...what dedication. I am very thankful for her hard work and everyone else who keeps these threads updated for us.

Thanks for the link, Kool.

The reporter says he's been thinking of calling it quits with TES.
It must be a harrowing job.

the man is human and this happened to him he lost his daughter .. mabey its finally wearing on him .. he isnt perfect no one is ..

Well, he sure took a pounding after the DB debacle. Maybe just getting away from this case and some general time out will let him get some perspective back.

I wonder what kind of impact his statements that he believes Haleigh is dead will have on the case? That seems like a turning point to me, but darn if I can think of where it might be going from here.

Thanks for the link, Kool.

The reporter says he's been thinking of calling it quits with TES.
It must be a harrowing job.

Really? Wonder why? Do you have any more details? LOL thanks so much.

the man is human and this happened to him he lost his daughter .. mabey its finally wearing on him .. he isnt perfect no one is ..
True, but one would think since this tragedy happened to him, he would have more compassion for the family than to just announce Haleigh is absolutely deceased, etc. That was so calloused. Maybe he needs a break.

True, but one would think since this tragedy happened to him, he would have more compassion for the family than to just announce Haleigh is absolutely deceased, etc. That was so calloused. Maybe he needs a break.
yeah he himself must know how hard that is to hear

Well, he sure took a pounding after the DB debacle. Maybe just getting away from this case and some general time out will let him get some perspective back.

I wonder what kind of impact his statements that he believes Haleigh is dead will have on the case? That seems like a turning point to me, but darn if I can think of where it might be going from here.

BBM.

TM is just using yet another tactic to throw the spotlight on Misty and try to break open the case, to get leads to use in any search/recovery.

He did this with the search for Caylee, TM was the one to speak out and declare based on what he knew that Caylee was dead and tried to focus people on the recovery versus a Caylee is Alive circus.

Like the A's I think TM is trying to get the family to publicly come to terms with and accept the fact that HaLeigh is most likely deceased and has been for some time.

It is all about trying to get someone to provide info that will lead to where to search and put pressure on the key, Misty.

Until Misty can provide a concrete story that maybe points to an accident, a party, some insider she was with then LE cannot take the investigation any further than the MH and TES has no specific place to search for the remains.

To me, TM is far from perfect but he calls a spade a spade and this is his way of putting the spotlight back on this, putting pressure on the family to say what they know and, to try to recover HaLeigh.

Until or unless HaLeigh is discovered by a passer by then I think this case will go cold -- thus TM's parting words.

You are right no one is perfect. I really didn't start this thread to say anything bad about Tim. What has become very apparent, is he is now a part of the case. He's not just a volunteer search organization. At the rate he's going and commenting with statements, doesn't look like that information train is slowing down anytime soon.

He's now being interviewed regularly, his word is being taken as facts in the case, and really mostly the only news on the case has involved Tim in someway. That's what has caught my eye.

Then we have his latest statement, "That Haleigh is dead, has been dead since the beginning and that we won't be finding an alive Haleigh". Well, I want to know why he feels this way. What evidence has he seen, received or know about this case for him to draw these conclusions and release them to the media and other outlets.

It's like he's taken front and center on the case, or is it just me feeling this way?

I made my post before reading your post. This is exactly my point. He's now front and center, and his latest statements are the crux of this case. I don't think this is so small at all. Alarming to me, thus his thread. LOL

Perhaps, he paid attention to what the LVA revealed and is just telling the truth...JMO

I'm sure he'll be the first one to apologize if Haleigh returns safe and sound.

I'm sure he'll be the first one to apologize if Haleigh returns safe and sound.
Maybe so, but doesn't do anything for erasing the impact of thoughts and suffering to Haleighs family his statements have caused for now and until that time.

Perhaps, he paid attention to what the LVA revealed and is just telling the truth...JMO

If thats the case, then why now? He's known the results for several months, what's changed between then and now? Maybe his perception of the families cooperation in Tim's investigation?

If the LVA was that reliable, alot more LE agencies would use it. It has serious flaws. There is no way I would trust that to tell a family their missing child is dead. And IMO anyone who does is irresponsible.

Maybe so, but doesn't do anything for erasing the impact of thoughts and suffering to Haleighs family his statements have caused for now and until that time.

Seems as though it will be a burden he'll carry, then, because it is how he feels. It's not as though he himself has caused her death just by uttering what he believes may have been her fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford