TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify. By apartment I meant home- the place he and his mother where staying. Which was with the friend. I've seen it be refered to as a cottage, apartment, and townhome. My apologies. I should have been clear and stated home initially.

So, has it been confirmed that LE's first response was to mom's new residence on Christmas Eve?

I didn't mean to imply the contrary. I fully agreed with the remarks you made about step mom.

It was meant to be in support of your post.

hth
Oh, okay -- it is almost 4am here and my reading skills go down after 2am!

BTW - one of the most recent articles called the cottage an apartment too - so how are we suppose to get it right if MSM can't. Okay, I promise - last time I will beat that horse today!

respectfully snipped and BBM. A woman who takes her child and leaves her husband because the husband slapped the child is NOT the kind of woman who is gonna cover for the step dad.

jmho

I however did say she was covering for the SD. Reason is, I have no idea what is truth and what is not from what is being dribbled out of their mouths. All I see is alot of B-nonsense, no one willing to say what has happened yet wanting to point fingers while saying I'm not pointing fingers. I'll also say she is covering her own arse as well.

I think at the begining the woman was scared to death that her child would be taken from her. this is why the story she gave to cover that up (she probably thought he found a new friend and forgot the time and will be home)...once time past on she realized the seriousness of it and became frantic...since the story change, LE would be suspicious also and she just probably didn't know what to think or do. Not to mention you had her husband hanging on her. She was totally LOST. MOO

I also think she was very honest with the police after that, but they treated her with suspicion (which I understand) and who knows, the cops probably told her not to tell this info to the public. In comes media asking her all kinds of questions...she is still lost. You or I would probably know how to handle it but she just isn't the type of person with those skills. This is why I believe she came off to many of us as a POI

I don't think she wanted the number either...I do however, think she wanted to call from the house when she found out SE wasn't there...I think SE had been avoiding her and I think she'd been calling SE and SE hadn't been answering.

But, what do i know...i'm so sleepy and tired now, i'm probably not making any sense.

good night all...going to try MS again and then hit the sack.

Prayers for Renee and all of of Jonathan's family friends and loved ones.

Sounds like LE has more than enough physical evidence that they don't need to worry about the case falling apart- and thankfully they also have a body with evidence linking the suspect to the boy.

I just wanted to add that LE has been clear they do not have a clue about motive- if this had anything to do with drugs it would be an obvious possible motive.

What makes one missing child case more important than another? We had an alert go out Monday and it got zero media attention other than a notice on the local papers web site- (and automated phone messages that were sent.)

The child was found safe but he had been taken by his mother who not only has known involvement with meth and other drugs, but she was also the girlfriend of a man who murdered a popular local couple and set their house on fire- he was convicted but I believe all things considered the case had more than enough for a media "draw" but he never got it.

I sit and think -"wow how bad have things got that the importance of a missing child is dependent on the ratings it will bring"-

Oh how I wish both of these boys had come home safe. But even more I wish we had never had cause to hear about them at all.

goodnight good people! my hope is toward morning's news confirming the right and only person concerning Jonathan's demise is already locked away! My wish for 2011 is that every time we hear of a missing child the story ends with the child being found safe and unharmed, playing in a tree house and return home on their own because they are hungry and want to know what's for dinner!

I think at the begining the woman was scared to death that her child would be taken from her. this is why the story she gave to cover that up (she probably thought he found a new friend and forgot the time and will be home)...once time past on she realized the seriousness of it and became frantic...since the story change, LE would be suspicious also and she just probably didn't know what to think or do. Not to mention you had her husband hanging on her. She was totally LOST. MOO

I also think she was very honest with the police after that, but they treated her with suspicion (which I understand) and who knows, the cops probably told her not to tell this info to the public. In comes media asking her all kinds of questions...she is still lost. You or I would probably know how to handle it but she just isn't the type of person with those skills. This is why I believe she came off to many of us as a POI
For me, that doesn't add up. She voluntarily gave her child to her brother for 4 years and only got him back because he told his grandmother he wanted to live with his mom as his birthday wish. If mom's stories about the phone calls are true, she would know the seriousness of the situation from the beginning.

So, has it been confirmed that LE's first response was to mom's new residence on Christmas Eve?

Yes, LE responded to the current home Mom and son had moved into within the last few weeks.

There is something very suspect about AD lying to police off the bat. If she really spoke to a woman, a strange woman she didn't know that was in her house with her son while she was driving why would she not call 911 ASAP. There was clearly someone there that shouldn't have been which would clearly make her sons disappearance a kidnapping.

She entered the house and strolled in saying "mama's home"? I mean if a stranger had my son and there was no sign of him I would be screaming and running all around the house, I would run to SD's house, I would run around the complex asking people if they had seen a little boy.

You can say she wasn't a "good parent" but that doesn't kill instinct. NOTHING this woman has said adds up. The SD's history of violence with the child is also very suspect. He slapped the kid just weeks ago?

Also, why was the stuffed cat gone. Seems strange that a 12 y/o would grab a stuffed animal on the way out.

I however did say she was covering for the SD. Reason is, I have no idea what is truth and what is not from what is being dribbled out of their mouths. All I see is alot of B-nonsense, no one willing to say what has happened yet wanting to point fingers while saying I'm not pointing fingers. I'll also say she is covering her own arse as well.

We'll have to agree to disagree with regards to AD covering for SD. While the reporting on this story is all over the place, we do know she moved out of the home she shared with her husband and into this current friends home. What is yet to be seen is the dynamics of the relationships and how Mom and step dad came to know SE and Mona.

I'm still confused on the distance to the most recent residence of Mom and JF in relation to where they previously lived with SD.

There is something very suspect about AD lying to police off the bat. If she really spoke to a woman, a strange woman she didn't know that was in her house with her son while she was driving why would she not call 911 ASAP. There was clearly someone there that shouldn't have been which would clearly make her sons disappearance a kidnapping.

She entered the house and strolled in saying "mama's home"? I mean if a stranger had my son and there was no sign of him I would be screaming and running all around the house, I would run to SD's house, I would run around the complex asking people if they had seen a little boy.

You can say she wasn't a "good parent" but that doesn't kill instinct. NOTHING this woman has said adds up. The SD's history of violence with the child is also very suspect. He slapped the kid just weeks ago?

Also, why was the stuffed cat gone. Seems strange that a 12 y/o would grab a stuffed animal on the way out.

We don't know when she called 911.

IF she and JF were still living with step dad then it would be logical that her instincts would have went into overdrive when a strange woman answered the phone. She was living with a female friend so she may have not known if the roommate had arrived home and if perhaps the roommate had a friend at the house who answered the phone. She did leave work immediately. Reportedly she was close to being home when the strange woman hung up on her. We don't know if she tried calling the friend whom she resides with on the way home or prior to leaving work.

What scares me as an SP is a roomie with a child. I would have to know someone pretty well and for a very very long time in order for my son and I to live with a roomie. Yep, and I am one of those single parents that dating is completely out of the question until my son is an adult. Not necessarily for safety reasons - but I am admittedly too selfish to want to give up any of my time for someone other than my son - at least the time it takes to invest in a commited relationship. IF dating and a relationship is in my future it will not be before my son is an adult and off to college or out on his own.

I am not going back there due to the trojan, so.......
:waitasec: do we know the ex is okay?

Hoping so, ANJ. Guessing I'm safe with all that virus stuff as my friends tech hubby hooks me up.

O.K. I'll try and take you there. As Lera said there's only a handful if not less of "real" people as friends. The rest are bands. The first person on her page I thought was the same as her "This is what I have to come home to every night" photograph. That's of her and a beautiful young woman. I'm going with Lera on that as it's not the firt friendsie on the page although I thought it was.

On her second friendsie list is another young lady. Young like saying she is 19 I think. That MS is now private although I do not think it was prior. As far as I can see I'd say both those women are O.K. If it's even them she is speaking about.

Hating to waste so much time on her, but no evidence of drugs. Ya know like ya see these people holding tons of money and guns. She likes to work out and go to the nearest beach and "make love all night" or some cra*p*lla like that.

Of course this doesn't mean she isn't dealing drugs or running some game. Maybe strong arming people. Ya never know. Other than that it's like very other profile out there. No jail house pose. A photograph with a high profile person in politics in Houston although it appeares to be just some social funtion/event. That happens all the time.

Nope I would not think this person could be such a heinous monster, but that's usually the way it works. I'd like to say she got KO'd too much and was out of her head. She writes clearly. Obviously isn't thinking clearly.

Steroids could be a speculation. Speculation. Rage and all, but I do know some boxers and they weren't doing steroids. Just knocked in the head too many times. Usually they are in shape and all, BUT at times have been out there on drugs. So who knows?

Again speculation. I only bring up drugs because the only times I have seen anything remotely so horrible there's drugs involved. That's just me though.

Oh, okay -- it is almost 4am here and my reading skills go down after 2am!

BTW - one of the most recent articles called the cottage an apartment too - so how are we suppose to get it right if MSM can't. Okay, I promise - last time I will beat that horse today!

:doh:You went to bed? Ijust wrote ya an entire synopsis of a Trojan carrying Myspace.

Sleep well ANJ!:)

MN might not have SE's work or cell number if they were just casual acquaintances. MN worked across the street from SE's home so maybe just talked while there.

..but she no longer worked there.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

"Nelson was friends with her roommate and Jonathan's frequent babysitter, Sharon Ennamorato.

Ennamorato described Nelson as a friend who used to work in maintenance at an apartment complex across the street.

On Friday morning, both Davis and Ennamorato had to work, and Jonathan was going to stay home alone until his mom could make it home, around 1 or 2 p.m."

---i wonder when she left the maintenance job?

--and where was she supposed to be working that morning/day ?

What scares me as an SP is a roomie with a child. I would have to know someone pretty well and for a very very long time in order for my son and I to live with a roomie. Yep, and I am one of those single parents that dating is completely out of the question until my son is an adult. Not necessarily for safety reasons - but I am admittedly too selfish to want to give up any of my time for someone other than my son - at least the time it takes to invest in a commited relationship. IF dating and a relationship is in my future it will not be before my son is an adult and off to college or out on his own.

Cubby I am right there with you. I was the same way raising DD.

All the time I see this. SP with kids moving them in and out with roomies here and there. My thinking is "How do you not know someone is mad at that new roomie and comes in and blows the whole place up?" Hey even without a child involved. These kids with apartments and all "Well we need another person and Sue's brother's friends cousin". What?:doh:

Of course I was Blessed to have help from my parents and a safe place for DD and I. No doubt for financial reasons there's many a parent out there that has no choice. Still it worries me.

The State of Texas vs. NELSON, MONA YVETTE

File Date: 12/29/2010
Case (Cause) Status: Active - CRIMINAL
Offense: CAPITAL MURDER

Defendant Status: JAIL
Bond Amount: $0.00
Next/Last Setting Date: 1/3/2011

Race/Sex: BLACK / FEMALE
Eyes: BROWN
Skin: MEDIUM BROWN
DOB: 3/5/1966

Height/Weight: 5'08 / 130 LBS
Hair: BROWN
Build: MEDIUM
In Custody: Y

http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/eDocs/Public/CaseDetailsFromJims.aspx?CaseNbr=129030601010&CDI=3

I guess she is just charged with murder, not with kidnapping too? I thought she was going to be charged with both... or are they two separate cases maybe?

I have such a hard time with inaccuracies... I am so OCD about these things. I know it probably isn't relevant... but it just doesn't seem that difficult to get the defendants description right.

I guess that brown hair is a matter of opinion... though it looks black to me.

But to screw up her physical description so badly is a bit ridiculous. At our jail they actually measure you and weigh you every time you are arrested. Do they do that there and someone just entered the details wrong? Or do they just like take your driver's license statistics or something? I don't get it...

I agree with several of those who have posted "basically" the same thoughts/opinions of what and why certain things occured or were stated{i.e. pertaining specifically to AD}..

I think this woman has a long past history{confirmed by Reneeloveyou's husband in tonites linked interview}of substance abuse..he stated multiple addictions from alcohol, to drugs, to being emotionally stable}..hence the reason that Jonathan spent a large chunk of his life with Renee&&Glen..and his 10yr old sister lived with Grandma Gifford .. I think that this particular issue of Angela's is alot of the reason why she made the poor decision to initially not be 100% honest with LE..

I believe that with her having only had JF in her custody for the very short period of 6weeks is the key factor for her not being 100% honest.. I believe thats possibly why she left DD as well..because if any one were to get wind of DD having slapped Jonathan she feared he would be taken away..so she arranged by DEC 14 for her and Jonathan to live elsewhere{atleast for the time being}..This cottage of SE's is directly beside the Nueva Apt complex that DD lived in..This IMO is why we've seen the reports of them living in the same complex of Apts..The cottage/townhome/duplex was virtually part of the Apt complex..

with both mom and SE having to work Christmas Eve AD was left with the dilemma of what arrangement needed to be made for JOnathan.. she came to the conclusion that JF could just stay at their cottage with the strict set of rules that she told him..not to leave, run to neighbors for help, etc, etc..{which my 2cents on 12 yr old alone would be that I agree that it is perfectly appropriate if that child is of the maturity to stay alone for certain small amts of time}..

As for exactly how the abduction unfolded I still am not 100% sure about.. But I do believe that JF did call mom..that the co worker heard female gruff/raspy voice come on the line and say it was an emergency.. Angela was not notified in time for her to pick up the line for the emergency call.. After the co worker tells her of the phone convo and the stranger that had gotten on the phone during the call..AD immediately set out for home with a feeling that possibly something had happened..while en route back to the cottage she called home multiple times{as she stated she did} with no one answering.. when AD was literally within moments of getting to the cottage Mona answered home phone... Angela immediately asks where her roommate is{I'd say thats a legit question as at first you would assume that whomever was answering the phone was most likely a friend of SE}. Mona tells AD SE is not home, at which point AD states her name and that she is JF's mom..mom hears gruff voiced woman asking JF the question"is Angela your mom?"..with him responding "yes ma'am my mom is Angela"..line goes dead..

As I said mom was literally just moments from arriving there at the cottage where Mona had just been on phone&AD having heard her son answering Mona{within moments is just sickening to know..that it was that close that could have made the difference in JF living..literally moments}. JF and Mona were gone, left without a trace..within just the very few matter of moments they have vanished.. JF's cartoons are still on TV, the PC had a video game still loaded on its screen with open box of tootsie rolls next to the computer..but no Jonathan..

Someone at this point contacted LE and they were on the scene by 330.. I believe it was at this point or soon thereafter that AD panicked with the fact of having left JF alone..{I want to add in here that IMO just as most of us would want/try to think/hope that JF had just wandered of, or that he'd left with a friend, etc.. in a frame of mind that JF missing would be quickly resolved..certainly NOT thinking at that time that he'd been abducted&brutally murdered}..so its for those reasons of hoping/praying/and still believing it would be quickly resolved that she chose to add in the babysitter detail and tell LE tht he was with babysitter while she was at work..

I wholeheartedly believe that this is the reason that she lied..because she wasn't sure if she was following the laws and terrified that her admitting he was home alone that it could definitely cause her to lose custody of JF.. which yes we all can see is a huge thing and could possibly hinder the investigation and search of the child..but I honestly do not think at that moment that it was a dire situation in her mind{that may not be believable to some but for me it does make sense that AD was thinking this way at the very beginning of this situation unfolding}..

So, with LE sensing that something was off and that one or both parents were showing deception with their acct of the days events led LE continuing to press and put the pressure on..its at that time I believe that she came clean..I think LE for the most part after hearing the truth that was being hidden by AD they realized her reasoning for it..but they of course kept an open mind where either parent was concerned.. at some point when she was being honest and had come clean she was going over details with LE, answering their questions as she is trying to assist in anyway that she can.. relaying to LE the ppl that she knows had stopped by the cottage during the time that Jonathan was there alone..I think she gave an approximate time that SD supposedly stopped by, and then relayed to LE what Mona had come over the night before to the cottage and had mentioned to AD that she had come by at a certain time that day to see SE but instead was greeted at front door by Jonathan who was not wearing a shirt and in her opinion she told AD that there was someone else there in the cottage with JF{Mona's claim was that somehow by just standing at SE doorway when JF answered that JF somehow was indicating that there was someone there in the cottage with him}.. when mom is being honest with LE she relays this info that Mona has told her about stopping in seeing JF, and Mona's claim about someone else in home with JF..

Then you have the early morning discovery of the burned body..at which time I'd say LE was leaning towards it being JF and then after having reviewed the surveillance tape.. LE spotted Mona's Ford F-150 on surveillance video and saw the truck right at dumpsite{culvert} LE combining what AD has told LE{Mona placing herself at the cottage seeing Jonathan}.. This was plenty to get the ball rolling in Mona's direction{and reason why Angela states that she didn't lead them to the perp just that by her cooperating and telling LE those who had stopped by the cottage when JF alone and the approx. time that they stopped by} helped LE to solve whodunit.. And at this point we have seen the footage of LE/detectives at Mona's home/apt where they stated they collected a great amount of evidence pointing to her having been the killer of JF..and she is taken in for questioning and eventually charged with capital murder..

So, just as when I made my first post in this case I said I truly felt deep down that it was not Mom that was directly involved in JF's abduction/murder..I still stand by that opinion..

That basically sums up why and what I think happened pertaining to specific issues of mom..

Hoping so, ANJ. Guessing I'm safe with all that virus stuff as my friends tech hubby hooks me up.

O.K. I'll try and take you there. As Lera said there's only a handful if not less of "real" people as friends. The rest are bands. The first person on her page I thought was the same as her "This is what I have to come home to every night" photograph. That's of her and a beautiful young woman. I'm going with Lera on that as it's not the firt friendsie on the page although I thought it was.

On her second friendsie list is another young lady. Young like saying she is 19 I think. That MS is now private although I do not think it was prior. As far as I can see I'd say both those women are O.K. If it's even them she is speaking about.

Hating to waste so much time on her, but no evidence of drugs. Ya know like ya see these people holding tons of money and guns. She likes to work out and go to the nearest beach and "make love all night" or some cra*p*lla like that.

Of course this doesn't mean she isn't dealing drugs or running some game. Maybe strong arming people. Ya never know. Other than that it's like very other profile out there. No jail house pose. A photograph with a high profile person in politics in Houston although it appeares to be just some social funtion/event. That happens all the time.

Nope I would not think this person could be such a heinous monster, but that's usually the way it works. I'd like to say she got KO'd too much and was out of her head. She writes clearly. Obviously isn't thinking clearly.

Steroids could be a speculation. Speculation. Rage and all, but I do know some boxers and they weren't doing steroids. Just knocked in the head too many times. Usually they are in shape and all, BUT at times have been out there on drugs. So who knows?

Again speculation. I only bring up drugs because the only times I have seen anything remotely so horrible there's drugs involved. That's just me though.

IIRC two of the three "favorites" for her books were the writers Anne Rice and Steven King..............."horror" books, that I can't read and then sleep.

ETA: I too speculate on steriods. Wasn't she just getting back into training? imo

I can't quite grasp all of this yet. Why take and kill this precious little boy ? What did he do to this woman.

It's 3:00 AM here in San Diego. I woke up, my heart was racing, and the first person on my mind was Jonathan. My hubby is sick, so I've been off-line since early yesterday afternoon - but he never wavered from my thoughts.

I have a son not 2 years older than Jonathan. We live in a complex with a maintenance man, and yes, I'm sure he and the rental company have keys to this apartment. I've been a SAHM for 2 years now, and come January I need to go back to work. Yes, my son will be a LK kid.

I am shaking in my boots at what happened to this poor young innocent boy. God Bless him and hold him - it could be any one of us. I can't blame the mom - she was trying to earn a living. I certainly can't blame Jonathan, as he was doing what his momma told him to.

I am so so sorry Jonathan that this has happened to you. That evil crept into your safe haven and took you. My heart is broken - you remind me of my little boy. I will never ever forget you.

With tears.....

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members