2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand the importance of who packed the bag. But I agree, it reeked of conspiracy theory.

Perhaps the bag was packed on the grassy knoll.

Can anyone comment on this, I am confused too about what the importances is on who packed the bag? :banghead:

OK - I missed all of LA....but from what I gather I didn't miss much. Do you all think he was "hostile" to the State??? Why didn't DS go into the molestation accusation??? Besides the obvious, it was a lie.

A few reasons that I can see.

1. While she may be dull, and seem a bit flighty at times, DS is a far superior lawyer than JB. She knows the law and she knows every rule and loophole (note the constant stream of objections from her). Her biggest weakness is she is more focused and experienced in civil law. If she had some real criminal experience she would probably be devastating.

2. If the state doesn't raise it on direct, the defense can't raise it on cross. DS is a better lawyer than JB. She understands this. LA is on the defense witness list. They can ask when they call him for their case.

3. After JB's little fluqup yesterday the smart lawyers on the DT will be really really careful about anything that may be construed as eliciting hearsay from their client while questioning witnesses. The state has them dead to rights to bring in those felonies, but is currently opting not to, as it is not worth the risk to impeach KC over who Caylees father might be. But their back-door attempts to get the sex abuse stuff in? The state will drop that hammer.

Um- what happened to the current day courtroom threads- the morning one?

If he is, can he please tell us if he's seen JG? lol!
I swear I heard on WFTV that JG is in the courtroom. Maybe I heard wrong? Not sure.

I could be completely wrong too but what I saw on WFTV was they were discussing JG and showed his picture and did not mention he was in the courthouse today.? Maybe someone tweeted about it, I haven't checked all the tweets yet.

Maybe they shut the car back up with just the garage all opened up before the police got there, so that the smell wouldn't be so noticeable...Did any of the reports state that the car was all opened up - doors, windows, trunk? I don't recall any such mention. IMO

One thing is sure, I can't listen and post while keeping up with you guys at the same time. :banghead:

I find it difficult to watch and post at the same time too. I seem to miss things that are being said if I try to post too.

I came in late today - being on the west coast, I got online at 8:00am here and it's already 11:00am in Florida. So I only watched the last hour before the lunch recess.

Was there any major bombshells earlier this morning? What I saw of Lee's testimony, he did well.

Lee's face was just so devoid of emotion while he was testifying (I only caught the last 15 minutes of it, or so, so perhaps I'm mistaken).

More importantly- who is trying to impeach whom with police reports?

http://fl.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19731010_0042577.FL.htm/qx

I can't keep track of who's motion or objection is who's anymore.

LadyBug - was it you who posted that in the trial thread? If so THANK YOU (or to whoever it was). that was very enlightening - particularly as it appears that we are going to have an OCSO parade today... HHJP's bringing it up seems to me preemptive to ward off any further "impeachment of police statements..."

A few reasons that I can see.

1. While she may be dull, and seem a bit flighty at times, DS is a far superior lawyer than JB. She knows the law and she knows every rule and loophole (note the constant stream of objections from her). Her biggest weakness is she is more focused and experienced in civil law. If she had some real criminal experience she would probably be devastating.

2. If the state doesn't raise it on direct, the defense can't raise it on cross. DS is a better lawyer than JB. She understands this. LA is on the defense witness list. They can ask when they call him for their case.

3. After JB's little fluqup yesterday the smart lawyers on the DT will be really really careful about anything that may be construed as eliciting hearsay from their client while questioning witnesses. The state has them dead to rights to bring in those felonies, but is currently opting not to, as it is not worth the risk to impeach KC over who Caylees father might be. But their back-door attempts to get the sex abuse stuff in? The state will drop that hammer.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree in part. While I don't dispute that Sims is a better lawyer than Baez (be hard not to be) Baez was doing all the objecting via Sims. I had the camera view on them the whole time and Baez was constantly, and I mean constantly telling her to object and what to object under. It got so irritating I was just about to change the view when they went to another sidebar and I got a respite from Baez jumping up and down like a pop tart - eventually he changed places and went to sit next to her so it wouldn't look so obvious as to what he was doing.

Hi everyone!!! :seeya:

Did the Judge allow the prosecution to bring in Casey's felony charges?

Did they close the car up before LE got there? Does this guy have a problem with his sniffer?
I swear they closed it up and opened all the garage doors and sprayed the car with some cleaner deodorizer.

LadyBug - was it you who posted that in the trial thread? If so THANK YOU (or to whoever it was). that was very enlightening - particularly as it appears that we are going to have an OCSO parade today... HHJP's bringing it up seems to me preemptive to ward off any further "impeachment of police statements..."

Yes, that was me. Thank you.

I'm very confused as to why he so ominously stated to read it through- seemed appropo of nothing. I can't remember now if it was yesterday or late last week week when HHJP spoke of a motion for somethingerother to do with impeachment.

May it please the thread...

Why are so many posts expressing worry about the SA presentation today?

I, for one, think that Mr. George is not the best. You indicated on the last thread that his bumbling is artifice, a ploy intended to elicit what he needs from the witness. I disagree. I have watched him carefully and I think he's just not as experienced as, say LDB or JA.

It would be easy to get what the state needed from LA without resorting to pretending to not know what he is doing.

I feel that the questioning of LA was jumbled, halted, confused and lagging. Much of that was because FG is not experienced.

Yes, the state got what they needed from him, essentially, but the presentation was so bad and the breaks so frequent that I fear the important nuggets may have gotten somewhat lost. The jury was bored. One even had a hard time staying awake.

The state needs to put Mr. George on the back burner for now.

I feel they may be grooming him but this case is too important for him to stretch his wings on, if that is the case.

He may be the best they have though, aside from LDB and JA and they can't do all the questioning, I guess, because they might get burnt out. But let him draft motions or something.

Sorry for the rant but I can't take another session like today and I am afraid he causes the jury to tune out and miss the point.

I hate, HATE, when JB does his Rico Suave act! When he began with Fletcher ("Good afternoon...well, in thirty seconds it'll be afternoon! heh! heh! heh!"). WTH does he think he's fooling?! Does he think Fletcher immediately thinks, "OMG! What a nice guy! I feel so very relaxed now!! I'm totally gonna tell him about the conspiracy the entire OCSD has against Casey! I might even make some ***** up! I love him!"

It's gonna be a long afternoon.

Hi everyone!!! :seeya:

Did the Judge allow the prosecution to bring in Casey's felony charges?

At the 8 30 AM hearing the State actually put the discussion on hold until a later date. Some discussion that the State is letting it all play out and see if JB makes any further blunders. Also speculation that if the State took it to the next level it may allow for an incompetent defense at appeal. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member