LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to call things as they are, that car is a Cadillac, likely a 1979-'86 Fleetwood Brougham or an '87-'89 Brougham and, almost without exception, locals driving Cadillacs of that vintage are black. It's very fashionable. Very, VERY few whites driving something like that, unless it's a young kids trying to act "ghetto."

Chicken Fried, Couldn't it also be an elderly person of either race without a lot of money or one of those older people who drives a car FOREVER? I don't know too many elderly out at 2am though....

ETA: my parents, almost in their 70s, drive cars that are around 20 years old & a few of my elderly neighbors have cars more like 30 years old....

Agreed. I don't think he has a boat .

Agree. If you had a boat, you might have easily disassembled the bike and thrown it overboard in pieces into in the swamp, never to be uncovered.

Unless the perp. was in a hurry and needed to make a hasty disposal? Or this is an attempt to throw investigators off, possibly a ruse? Or he wants the bike to be found...

Chicken Fried, Couldn't it also be an elderly person of either race without a lot of money or one of those older people who drives a car FOREVER? I don't know too many elderly out at 2am though....

ETA: my parents, almost in their 70s, drive cars that are around 20 years old & a few of my elderly neighbors have cars more like 30 years old....

As a local I agree completely with chicken fried on his assessment. That is a car I would instinctively know is trouble and to stay away from/not piss off. That's the type of vehicle one would assume (in this area) would likely have armed occupants.

ETA: ...a gang banger car

Agree. If you had a boat, you might have easily disassembled the bike and thrown it overboard in pieces into in the swamp, never to be uncovered.

Unless the perp. was in a hurry and needed to make a hasty disposal? Or this is an attempt to throw investigators off, possibly a ruse? Or he wants the bike to be found...

He wants the bike to be found? If so, then he (yes, I'm assuming it's a male since most subjects in kidnappings are male) seems as though he's taunting the cops. If so, it makes me wonder if this was not a crime of opportunity, but one of pre-meditation (which is what I thought since the beginning). If that is the case, that's pretty scary.

But your other two musings are strong possibilities.

The bike was easily enough found that it does give some hope that someone had found it then ditched it upon learning its history, unconcerned if it were found as that person had not taken Mickey.

Well, I'm hoping.

It is pretty horrifying, though, when best case scenario is that some sicko has her locked away someplace...JMO

The Advocate just posted this article. Posting it in the event it may shed any additional info or a different light concerning the 1st truck & cargo bed issue.

http://theadvocate.com/home/2944447-125/missing-lafayette-girls-bicycle-found

Snipped by me:
The second truck is a white, four-door Chevrolet Z-71 truck that traveled in the same direction on St. Landry Street as the bicyclist believed to be Shunick, Mouton said.

The third vehicle is a 1980s or 1990s four-door car with body work on the rear right quarter panel, Mouton said. Police believe that car turned onto St. Landry Street and headed in the same direction as Shunick, Mouton said.

Police also said that the first pickup truck, which traveled from the area that Shunick had traveled, has a cargo bed cover and tinted windows, Mouton said.

So the two trucks on St. Landry ARE different, thanks. There is nothing mentioned of the truck captured at the seperate location however.

We will get more clues from the Bike sight, I believe. There are traffic cameras that should catch him on I-10..... Right????

Someone had to go a distance to dispose of the bike in that location. 25-30 miles? Unlikely that it was some teen who came upon the bike in Lafayette and then freaked out and hid it.

1. Could be an evidence plant. But why? Only reason I can think of it to throw officers off track. Maybe they are getting close. I have always felt that the cell phone in the Holly Bobo case was a plant. It is very distracting to LE.

OR

2. The remains are close by. Trust me, my heart holds out hope that Mickey is alive and well. My head knows this isn't so.

I found a RSO that lives along that road , he has a white 2008 ford f250 and was last verified 5/23/2012 (it looks just like the truck) I wonder if they have already looked at him? That would have been this past Wednesday.
I just tried to call the tip line but cant get through

If I've got a place out in the Basin and going to take someone there, I throw the boat over the side on the way... NOT on land.

I see there's a paved road there:

At7aameCIAAf0z2.jpg:large

Perp didn't necessarily come from the interstate.

I found a RSO that lives along that road , he has a white 2008 ford f250 and was last verified 5/23/2012 (it looks just like the truck) I wonder if they have already looked at him? That would have been this past Wednesday.

Call 911 directly then. I would think any tip helps, especially dealing with a RSO.

If I've got a place out in the Basin and going to take someone there, I throw the bike over the side on the way... NOT on land.

Once, again, that makes sense. If someone is familiar with the water and has a boat, they're going to dump in the water.

Call 911. (but surely they're on this already?)

There have been repeated posts here and on FB about not getting thru to the tip line and people are told to call 911.

Call 911!

Just guessing, but the 5/23 RSO verification may have been due to Mickey's case (LE checking all RSO's). Not sure how the verification process works tho...so better to call, IMO.

So the two trucks on St. Landry ARE different, thanks. There is nothing mentioned of the truck captured at the seperate location however.

We will get more clues from the Bike sight, I believe. There are traffic cameras that should catch him on I-10..... Right????

I believe we will as well. I sure pray thats the case anyway! I hope within that 25 plus miles, many cameras will be able to nail down some clues.

Hoping LE can get workable prints off the bike. Prints on a bicycle led to the arrest of a murderer in Baton Rouge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.