2010.06.01 - Casey Suffers Fall at Courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will probably slap some bonding goop on the missing piece area, form her tooth shape back and call it a day.

Crowns, because they are expensive, are usually reserved for major breaks or root canals, not 'chips'.

She'll survive.

She will. a bonding can last at least 10 yrs and you cant tell a chipped tooth
once theyre bonded.
My son had a porceline crown put on his, was close to 2K but unlike KC, he works and pays for dental lol

Could one try to stage a slip, trip, or fall only to fall on their face? Whether intentional or not, I agree, it should be a one time event.

Could one try to stage a slip, trip, or fall only to fall on their face? Whether intentional or not, I agree, it should be a one time event.

I dunno if she staged it or not, but if she did, next time she will be sure to fall on her arse, not her face.

I dunno if she staged it or not, but if she did, next time she will be sure to fall on her arse, not her face.

It would be too hilarious to me if she planned this and it went wrong and she fell on her face instead of her butt. Oh Karma, you slay me!

However, I'm going with it was an accident because of her falling on her face, but hopefully, it won't happen again. I'm sure chipping a tooth and busting her lip was not worth missing one hearing.

Hmmm, I wonder if it was her upper lip. Would she and Cindy have matching lips then? Amil, on the thread he started today, said it looked like Cindy got botox in her upper lip. Either that or the A's are going to start matching Casey's injuries, sheesh. When will it stop?

Hold on to your wallets folks. I'm sure this will be exploited to the fullest extent of medical and legal possibility.

And...as I am sure is has been pointed out....this fall happened at the very next court hearing that she was "forced" by his Honor to attend. Control control control.

Maybe she'll claim that she takes years to heal & she can't appear for the trial for YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEARS!! She has to look her best!On your & my dime!!

I REFUSE to feel sorry for someone who killed their own child.
The rest I can't say because I'd be banned if I did.

BBM

ITA
Esp not over a chipped tooth. Or the fall. Many, many people, w/o shackles, trip & fall every day. And even chip their teeth. I mean she wouldn't even be IN shackles to accidentally? trip & chip her tooth if she hadn't allegedly killed her daughter, right? Man I've seen too many Court TV shows....."allegedly"????? When did I start using that word!? :0)

moo

Actually, I have always thought her front teeth were all crowns. If so, there might not have been much tooth under the crowns and she could loose it.
If it didn't involve the root there is a good chance they can build it up with porcelain.
Unless she has root canal or extraction she won't need more than Tylenol for pain.
I do hope we hear about what damage was done but I really want to know if George is "outta" the home or inpatient somewhere. Very interesting, IMHO.

Yeah, I thought maybe veneers, cause her teeth seem pretty big. Oh well, don't gotta look perty in jail anyway.

Nothing funny about a person in shackles falling and hitting their face or teeth, that's for sure. Hope it wasn't anything more serious than a chipped tooth but that's certainly bad enough. Falling shackled with no hands to break your fall is a heavy fall and obviously very dangerous to your head, neck, arms, back, every part of you. Would her hands have been cuffed in front I hope and not in back? But maybe still cuffed to her waist though so not able to put her arms out at all?

A patient (and friend) of my dad's slipped on ice a couple years ago and came in to his office about a chipped tooth, my dad discovered her jaw was actually broken, she didn't know it.

I would think that inmates chipping teeth (even losing teeth) would be an almost every day thing if not an every day thing if you think about all the fights that happen and that doesn't include those inmates with already decaying teeth chipping a tooth while eating.

I wish we had a corrections officer who could help us understand what happens when an inmate chips a tooth? How much dental work are they provided?

So she chipped a tooth. I believe the state pays for all inmates medical care and I think that would include dental? I don't feel bad for her either way. It's not like it's a life-threatening injury. She'll live.

That's not a fall, that's a trip. A fall is falling and breaking your ankle in 3 places (uh, that would be me). I wasn't even shackled, or had anyone there to pick me up.

Sorry - not feeling much pity on this end. She'll get her free medical treatment, while I had pay over 2K for mine.

Life sure can be a biatch!

MOO

Mel

No, I can't see any way/reason she would have "faked" a fall on her face while shackled.

Reminds me of Scott Peterson on his perp walk to Death Row -- banging his head on the van as he was getting in. Ouch.

Not sure if you all remember that. Anyway, hard to have much sympathy.

MOO

Mel

I don't think she faked it, but I can see why some people would question it. I mean she faked a seizure, lied about her father's fake stroke, lied about "Zanny's" fake care accident... add to the list as you wish.

It's no one but Casey's fault that anyone would question whether or not she faked the fall and it didn't go the way she planned. It is what it is.

She's not severely hurt. She'll live.

I wish we had a corrections officer who could help us understand what happens when an inmate chips a tooth? How much dental work are they provided?

I'd like to hear, too. I hope they get excellent care (I would expect they do). Mercy and ethics are what set us apart from criminals after all. When we imprison a person we become ethically responsible for their safety and care, regardless their crime.

(Of course Casey Anthony could be innocent, and is presumed innocent.)

I think that this will have a huge impact on Casey. Even more than her appearance or pain, I think it may make her realize what a vulnerable position she is in ~ It might just be the wake-up call she needs.

Is there any definitive word on how the accident happend? I watched WFTV news at 5 pm and I swear I heard the reporter say it happened in the 'elevator'! I can't find any other reference to the elevator anywhere. Now, I am local and know that WFTV has a bad habit of mis-reporting things or getting them flat out wrong - so this particular version may never surface again :) So now I am wondering what actually happened and where did it happen.

Did anyone else happen to catch WFTV news at 5 pm and hear the same thing I did or am I losing my mind? - wait don't answer that question, I don't want to know the answer to it:crazy:

Very very interesting information. Thanks. I kind of knew that as an outsider, but to hear it from a local means a lot. thanks

ps hope Kc is okay.

I feel for Casey with regards to falling out of the van and getting injured. Casey had no way of blocking the fall and the officers should have been more aware of her chains to prevent this fall.

lol i WONDER which of these stories is true, coming out of elevator, getting out of bus, falling and cutting chin, lip and teeth? the article above says lip and chipped tooth and the guards caught her before she fell....good job!

I don't think she faked it, but I can see why some people would question it. I mean she faked a seizure, lied about her father's fake stroke, lied about "Zanny's" fake care accident... add to the list as you wish.

It's no one but Casey's fault that anyone would question whether or not she faked the fall and it didn't go the way she planned. It is what it is.

She's not severely hurt. She'll live.

I haven't seen any medical info indicating her seizures were fake, did I miss something? I haven't seen any medical diagnosis yet regarding the nature or cause of her seizures, :waitasec: Please share

Why would she "fake" a seizure in front of Jesse G back in the day, for example? I would think just the opposite, that a young woman her age would be more likely to be embarrassed about having had a seizure in front of her boyfriend.

Nor do I think she'd throw herself on her face with her hands shackled. Can't see how she would gain anything from doing that, she would only risk getting hurt and damaging her looks IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow