LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec:

I am staying up with insomnia going back over these threads thinking we must FOR MICKEYS SAKE dig deeper.

I have posted three photos as attachments because I cannot figure out how to put them all in the frame of this post.

Which of these came first second and third. I think it is important because this could have been perpetrated by someone going in front of her.

Did the truck police rules out go first or third? The two cars to the left in the gas station are sitting there in all three pics; I find it hard to believe police could rule out that that truck going toward university because the same cars are at the gas station as in the other two pics.

I am trying to determine what that 'spot is to the right' of these cars nearest the gas station; is it a person or is it STATIC (curb? - seems to high)(door - seems to short)(post - possible) (butt - likely)(leg- maybe).

The more I look at this the more I think it would very unlikely to get a person with a spec of clothing in the rt side of pic on two pictures. Just seems unlikely. probably something static.

Attachments

• odd gait.jpg
    odd gait.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 73
  • mickey1.jpeg
    mickey1.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 61
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 64

I am staying up with insomnia going back over these threads thinking we must FOR MICKEYS SAKE dig deeper.

I have posted three photos as attachments because I cannot figure out how to put them all in the frame of this post.

Which of these came first second and third. I think it is important because this could have been perpetrated by someone going in front of her.

Did the truck police rules out go first or third? The two cars to the left in the gas station are sitting there in all three pics; I find it hard to believe police could rule out that that truck going toward university because the same cars are at the gas station as in the other two pics.

First pic you have is no longer relevant.

LE told us those times, but not the time on the truck. Nor did they answer my question about that in the q&a chat thing yesterday. But seeing as the gas pumps are exactly the same in both pictures (single car with no visible driver) we can infer that the two pics are very close in time
Very close in time. I don't see anything that tells me which one came first. I don't see any people at the gas pumps in either pic. Why are the 2 pics different in size .. one cropped? Anyone know?

Oh my goodness, bonbon....must be something in the air. I got up in the wee hours to get a glass of water and lo and behold, there was a ginormous spider on the wall in my breakfast room. I attacked him with a paper plate, which has a much lower success rate than a can of Lysol. Alas, I did not find his remains...nor did I see him flee the scene. I need a spider detective!

Now, children, kgeaux feels the need to 'splain sumtin to y'all!

Spiders are our FRIENDS! Their webs catch creepy crawlers, nasty flies and all sorts of yucky home invaders.

Only kill brown recluses or black widows!

Lol, now back to our regular programming.

It seems like everyone is assuming the driver of the white truck is responsible for Mickey being missing. Has LE named the driver a POI? If so, I must have missed it.

I'm hoping that because there have been some pics released, that LE has more and may already know what happened. If there's one thing I've learned following crimes for many, many years it's that we never know what LE is really up to. Like in the Lamar and Koenig cases, we can speculate till the cows come home, but when we get some truth, it's a shocker. JMO

No, LE has not named anyone a POI. We have no idea if the driver of the z71 is responsible for harming Mickey or even if the driver saw Mickey or witnessed anything important.

I agree with you about the LaMar and Koenig cases and I would add Sherry Arnold to that list. LE was working diligently behind the scenes on Sherry's case and when the charging documents were finally released it was pretty shocking how much evidence and information LE had been keeping under wraps.

i had to skip a lot... it moves very quickly here...

just wanted to throw out an opinion as a parent re the private investigator and his kidnapped comment...

if it was my child and "the man" was clearly searching for a body... I would also hire a pi that was looking for my child alive... because until I was shown a body, whether or not there is a confession, i would maintain that my child was alive... even if there was only a 1% chance she was... i would cling to that 1% chance with all my might... selling my house, car, and shirt off my back if need be until she was found...

re- police searching st landry on foot... to me this suggests they either have a tip or the forensics on the bike show that the bike was hit from behind and the tire would clearly show that it made a skid mark and they went looking for it

i dont have a problem reading rumors IF they are stated only once, clearly tagged as a rumor, and the source is given, and no "privileged" information regarding "the man's" investigation is revealed...

i'd like to think that people are generally good, but have been aware of peoples web surfing habits since the web began... and these habits show that almost everybody leads 2 lives... the one you see, and the one you don't... unfortunately... if you knew more about the "private" side you don't see of just about everybody... it would make it near impossible to smile or trust ANYBODY...

im done looking at pics unless specifically asked to...

i have a question to anybody in the know...
has any info or speculation uncovered on the web by everybody been of any help to this investigation thus far..?

peace

Absolutely, My wife and I were speaking last night and we agreed if a child of ours ever went missing we would hire a P.I. immediately, in addition to doing my own sleuthing, who cares if it is legal or not? I have no faith in the Police in general. There may be some good ones but they are clock punchers. A P.I. has a vested interest in finding my child.

Now, children, kgeaux feels the need to 'splain sumtin to y'all!

Spiders are our FRIENDS! Their webs catch creepy crawlers, nasty flies and all sorts of yucky home invaders.

Only kill brown recluses or black widows!

Lol, now back to our regular programming.

Oh Lord....Kgeaux and Shefner could not co-exist in the same spidery abode! I have no friends with eight legs!

I do have to admit, i liked Charlotte in the movie. I would probably let her live here. But she would have to reside in the attic.

For those of us checking in this morning, was anything found during the breathless events of last night? A quick summary of the current state of affairs would be greatly appreciated by this bleary-eyed late arrival!

s
Hi scapa, missed this one first time through. That "secondary search" at Whiskey Bay late last night had us holding our breaths, particularly when media reported something had been found of evidentiary value. Finally, after much tension, media backtracked and said that, while sonar had picked up an object which looked as if it might be important, in fact it proved not to be. And so the search continues.

Also germane to the discussion: the family have hired a private investigator, perhaps an indication that they are unhappy with current progress (or lack of it).

Very close in time. I don't see anything that tells me which one came first. I don't see any people at the gas pumps in either pic. Why are the 2 pics different in size .. one cropped? Anyone know?

Not sure about the size thing. But yeah, unfortunately we dont know which of those pics actually comes first. If the truck is behind her it says something pretty major. If it passed first.....who knows what that means. But either way, its not caught on the next camera at 215 st. Landry.

I am trying to determine what that 'spot is to the right' of these cars nearest the gas station; is it a person or is it STATIC (curb? - seems to high)(door - seems to short)(post - possible) (butt - likely)(leg- maybe).

The more I look at this the more I think it would very unlikely to get a person with a spec of clothing in the rt side of pic on two pictures. Just seems unlikely. probably something static.
Shelly, check out this map. It seems to be the "official" google map being used by the findmickeynow website. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=30.223058,-92.020594&spn=0.007908,0.016512

The pins seem to be in the order in which they think the pictures were taken.

Oh Lord....Kgeaux and Shefner could not co-exist in the same spidery abode! I have no friends with eight legs!

I do have to admit, i liked Charlotte in the movie. I would probably let her live here. But she would have to reside in the attic.
How can you be on the web and not like spiders? (horrid j/k) I got bit by a brown recluse once. Some excitement!

Okay, back to task.

Absolutely, My wife and I were speaking last night and we agreed if a child of ours ever went missing we would hire a P.I. immediately, in addition to doing my own sleuthing, who cares if it is legal or not? I have no faith in the Police in general. There may be some good ones but they are clock punchers. A P.I. has a vested interest in finding my child.

P.I.'s are always a good idea if you want a very thorough, non-stop, all time devoted, investigation. Because unlike police, we are paid very very well to do that and only that. It has all of our attention, where as cops cant logistically do that.

Hi scapa, missed this one first time through. That "secondary search" at Whiskey Bay late last night had us holding our breaths, particularly when media reported something had been found of evidentiary value. Finally, after much tension, media backtracked and said that, while sonar had picked up an object which looked as if it might be important, in fact it proved not to be. And so the search continues.

Also germane to the discussion: the family have hired a private investigator, perhaps an indication that they are unhappy with current progress (or lack of it).
It should be noted that the Private Investigator has been working on the case since the very beginning. According to A.C.I (also a Lafayette PI, who knows the hired PI), a family friend hired him but the family has now "officially" hired him.

Do we have statements from LE saying they think Mickey was hit from behind? I haven't seen that link.

As far as I know, LE stated that the truck seen in the surveillance was coming along the road after Mickey had already passed....I think they even said the word "following."
The only words I have heard in this regard are 'that the truck was seen to be traveling the route that MS traveled.' is that following?

RBBM: Well, if your child was harmed by another, you might care about the outcome of the case if the sleuthing was legal or not.

Most of us don't have the means to hire a PI. And some of them have a terrible reputation for taking grieving parents' money. So, I guess I would have to put my faith in LE, unless or until they gave me a reason not to do so.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

It should be noted that the Private Investigator has been working on the case since the very beginning. According to A.C.I (also a Lafayette PI, who knows the hired PI), a family friend hired him but the family has now "officially" hired him.

Thank you for sharing that, megsy!

It seems like everyone is assuming the driver of the white truck is responsible for Mickey being missing. Has LE named the driver a POI? If so, I must have missed it.

I'm hoping that because there have been some pics released, that LE has more and may already know what happened. If there's one thing I've learned following crimes for many, many years it's that we never know what LE is really up to. Like in the Lamar and Koenig cases, we can speculate till the cows come home, but when we get some truth, it's a shocker. JMO
Why would LE be withholding info from the public? I woul dthink they would wantthe public to be involved in this case. That they would want us going through these photos; that we heads and hearts and would willingly go through 50 more photos if released. If this were my family, I would TELL LE NOT TO WITHHOLD INFO FROM THE PUBLIC.

Putting this youtube video on this thread too so it doesn't get lost. It's a video of how strong the current is at Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel. I'm not sure if it is like this all the time or there was a specific reason for that particular day. It was mentioned on a previous thread that divers and searchers in boats were having trouble because the current was so bad the other day. Maybe someone on here can give a better insight on it.

http://youtu.be/-JSrs88g4RA

the water is always churning in Whiskey Bay. I've driven over it a million times, and it always looks like chocolate cake batter being mixed with a hand mixer.

Confirmation from here. We've worked with the PI in the past, knew that he'd been on this case from the start, and we've been calling in tips to him. IMO, he's very good at his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member