GA - Troy Davis fails to prove his innocence to Supreme Court

Something is going on right now. Tons of police cars just showed up to where everyone is gathered at.

WTH are the police doing? Trying to scare the demonstrators? That's a bit fascist wouldn't you say???

I don't know what is going on, but they are also saying that if people leave the prison grounds they will not be allowed back. They also said that the state police cars with the sirens were on both sides of the protesters. This makes no sense, since they are all being peaceful. Perhaps they will not only execute justice but the First Amendment as well. I hope that it is nothing. But it is really bothering me and I don't trust any of the leaders of the state of GA at all right this minute.

Thank you all for being here tonight. At swim practice I asked if anyone else was following Troy Davis's execution. The other parents looked at me like they were clueless. One said she had heard something about it but didn't really know anything about it. So it's nice to come to a place where folks care.

A friend of mine lives in Savannah and I called her earlier today to discuss it. She just thinks there are enough questions not to execute him.

BigBoi Big Boi of OUTKAST
More troops come marching in , they got they Billy clubs out and everything twitvid.com/L0DGB
3 minutes ago

WTH?

Any news yet on which justices will be reviewing the appeal?

I have no idea. I would assume that they are all doing it, but some may decide not to consider at all. I just don't know. Only Clarence Thomas is reviewing it for sure. He bothers me, since he doesn't ask questions and remains silent. (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/us/13thomas.html)

I really have to get this assignment done that I have not finished yet for school, but I can't seem to stop watching. I wish that I had some way to get a text alert if there were any news one way or the other. I can't sit here like I used to and wait. I can't set up a google alert because the phone goes off every time there is a different article posted. This is making me a basket case and reminding me why I had to stop doing this.

I am just going to turn it off for now, since my assignment is due at midnight, but I will be back when I finish up and will be hoping for good news, or at the very least no news.

:sick:

ETA: I forgot to add one of these: :grouphug: :)

Troy's sister was just saying the police also had dogs with them... :eek:hoh:

What I think it means is that the SCOTUS denied the appeal they are anticipating trouble when the announcement is made.

What I think it means is that the SCOTUS denied the appeal they are anticipating trouble when the announcement is made.

That's what I think. There were several tweets saying that 8:30 was the decision time for the SCOTUS.

I'm afraid it's all over, and they're preparing for the crowd response.

Sirens, dogs, billyclubs: How NOT to prevent a riot. They do nothing but incite, and get the crowd's emotions all riled. WTH?

I was reading on one news' site that 2 hours is more than enough time for the SCOTUS to look at it and say 'go ahead'. I wonder what is going on... I literally felt nauseous before - I really thought I was going to lose my supper sitting in the stands at swim practice.

What a terrible moment for mankind.

When did they do that ridiculous drive-up with sirens blaring...was it before 8:30?

BETNews BET News
REPORT: #TroyDavis family is being prepared for announcement
1 minute ago

Feeling sick all over again. The tears are starting... :cry:

@mia_farrow
mia farrow
Reportedly Troy Davis is on gurney w UV inserted in his arm, in execution chamber awaiting Supreme Court decision. #MentalTorture
31 minutes ag

@mia_farrow
mia farrow
Reportedly Troy Davis is on gurney w UV inserted in his arm, in execution chamber awaiting Supreme Court decision. #MentalTorture
31 minutes ag

OMG. Oh dear God. Be with this man... Amen.

I have no idea. I would assume that they are all doing it, but some may decide not to consider at all. I just don't know. Only Clarence Thomas is reviewing it for sure. He bothers me, since he doesn't ask questions and remains silent. (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/us/13thomas.html)

I really have to get this assignment done that I have not finished yet for school, but I can't seem to stop watching. I wish that I had some way to get a text alert if there were any news one way or the other. I can't sit here like I used to and wait. I can't set up a google alert because the phone goes off every time there is a different article posted. This is making me a basket case and reminding me why I had to stop doing this.

I am just going to turn it off for now, since my assignment is due at midnight, but I will be back when I finish up and will be hoping for good news, or at the very least no news.

:sick:

ETA: I forgot to add one of these: :grouphug: :)

Thomas is silent, so it's hard to read him sometimes, but he quite often rules with Scalia, which makes me very nervous for Troys case.

I'm hoping that the women are among the justices considering, I think they would be the best chance.

RafiqtheEmcee Rafiq
Another round of cops have come they are coming towards us and amassing. Something is about to go down . #troydavis #videoready
3 minutes ago

Thanks for the updates, BeanE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong