MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back in the loop. I was on a couple different news websites and cannot find a link for a grand jury. Could someone post a link? Thank you!!

Just a Guy, I have a very cynical view obviously. But it is related to my impression that LE are trying to get enough to arrest, but not HAVING enough to arrest.

You've only seen a prosecutor take a case before a grand jury twice?

No one takes a case to a grand jury except prosecutors. That's the way grand juries function. And contrary to what someone said, in some jurisdictions judges are present during the grand jury proceedings. I have no idea how it works in this jurisdiction....

You've only seen a prosecutor take a case before a grand jury twice?

No, I've only seen a prosecutor take a case before a grand jury twice before a suspect has been named, or arrested.

Have you ever seen them go to a grand jury when they were claiming there are no suspects? And how did that work out?

HELP_ I'm stuck in an endless loop.......

read comments to bottom of page......refresh page.......more comments........read comments to bottom of page........refresh page.........more comments.........

UH Oh, they don't take it to GJ unless they think they have a suspect.

But a GJ without an arrest sometimes means the evidence may be weak or taken several ways.

In my experience, it doesn't necessarily mean weak evidence. In other cases, a Grand Jury convened when capital charges were being sought, when there was evidence of a homicide.

Who knows what's going on in this case, though.

Not sure who mentioned the guy was a homeless guy on a bike, but if that is the case...the police already know him. Many PD are familiar with those homeless that are on the streets a lot...and I'm not saying that as the person did something wrong...just the police are aware of them.

Lavanda,do you know how many searches LE did with dogs ? I saw them collecting scents from the home and assume there were at least some searches with tracking dogs.

In addition to the observer's immediate skill in interpreting a verbal or written statement, I think it's equally important to know how the individual under scrutiny ordinarily expresses him/herself while speaking and/or writing. We all have personal nuances in communicating with others depending on language use in our childhood homes, as students in school, in our careers, and in our daily lives as we talk, text, write to others. jmo

I can only say for myself. If I am ever accused of something I did not do...I LOOK guilty...just from the anxiety of it. Growing up with 4 brothers and getting blamed for their misdeeds does that to a person! LOL....I also know that a baseline really needs to be known to really know a person's true body language or someone who is very well known in a lot of on camera interviews (such as the President, etc.) But to really place an analysis from someone that nobody knows their usual demeanor or body language...is really just guessing in my opinion. The mom's crying and obvious distress could be due to her child being abducted or could be due to her knowing she is not alive...could go either way.

If I had committted a crime and there was all this activity going on around the neighborhood where I did said crime, I'm not sure I'd stay away. That is, if I hadn't taken off out of the area. I'd have to know what was going on and hear what people were saying or doing just in case someone stated they'd seen or heard something that night. There's a good possibility I'd be in some video footage -- maybe more than once. JMO

Today's activity made no sense to ME. Now after hearing about a grand jury, things are sort of falling into place. But Where is baby Lisa?

imo

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I've had a distinct sense of rising anxiety since mid-afternoon today. I couldn't shake the overwhelming feeling that a "storm is brewing". No rain in the forecast here ;)

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7213296#post7213296"]MO MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13 - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Did the news station film LE's reenactment of the "abduction"? I just think it's interesting that this whole GJ thing comes on the heels of that reenactment.

How fast is our pace? Just got up to make a sandwich, typical bachelor thing, nothing fancy, salami on light rye w/cheese, no cutting involved, slap 'em on there and squirt it with mustard and - done! and came back in here. Number of posts in that time: 33.

No, not necessarily.....need the lawyers in here, but the GJ may be just to compel the media to turn over their interviews and notes, etc. It would work as a means to protect the media from litigation from their interviewees, too, I believe because they were turning it over due to the requirement of the GJ not voluntarily. Media tends to be protective of their freedom of the press rights unless compelled by law to give up their info.

jmo

But can't a judge issue a subponea? And his subponea would provide the same protections.

Lavanda,do you know how many searches LE did with dogs ? I saw them collecting scents from the home and assume there were at least some searches with tracking dogs.

Only from what I saw the first two days when they were out in the fields. They had dogs with them. now if they were tracking dogs or cadaver dogs...I do not know. I have a SAR friend who is going to come on perhaps later tonight or tomorrow to address dogs and scents.

Just lurking here, but am wondering why they would wait until October 18th for the Grand Jury?

That may be when they are next scheduled to meet. My dad sat on a GJ that met every 2 weeks,I believe,but it was the same schedule for 18 mos.Different states have different laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie