Found Safe AL - Christian Perkins, 11 mos, Gordo, 25 March 2017

Hope we get more details. Actually hope the baby is found so we don't need details. [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming the baby is theirs? Male suspect has same last name as baby.

Yes, according to Facebook, the baby is theirs. I wonder why the "extreme danger" comment.

Thanks Amypond for finding that:)

How can they take the baby during a supervised visit? Aren't they normally done at a child care type centre. I don't mean daycare but the word is losing me. I know in Canada supervised is usually done in these type of places.

Hoping Mississippi is also receiving this Amber Alert; Gordo is in the north/western area, not far from the border.

Hoping Mississippi is also receiving this Amber Alert; Gordo is in the north/western area, not far from the border.

I hope so too. Her profile says she's from Mississippi so it wouldn't be surprising if they headed that way.

The fact that it was a supervised visit concerns me. I hope they didn't harm the social worker or whoever was with them.

How can they take the baby during a supervised visit? Aren't they normally done at a child care type centre. I don't mean daycare but the word is losing me. I know in Canada supervised is usually done in these type of places.

Dad pulls a weapon on one social worker, what is he/she supposed to do?!

Dad pulls a weapon on one social worker, what is he/she supposed to do?!

Or social worker goes to the bathroom and they run out the door. I don't think it would be that hard for 2 people to overpower 1 and make off with a baby.

Just sad that workers can be harmed for doing their job if that is what happened. I would hope there is some sort of security in place. Jmo. No clue how these places work.

Just sad that workers can be harmed for doing their job if that is what happened. I would hope there is some sort of security in place. Jmo. No clue how these places work.

At my place of employment (Canada) there are staff that do these type of visits on a daily basis. Though the visits are supervised, there really is nothing stopping people from up and running with their child. It's in a room with an unlocked door and if a pair had planned this beforehand, I don't think there is anything the staff could do. I believe staff are probably trained to look for signs that someone is going to take off so they can call for help, but I think they may actually be told to not try to physically stop someone, risking serious injury themselves.

Some parents also graduate to "intermittent supervision" visits. They are in a room and the worker only checks in once every 15 minutes or half hour. Though that is usually when they are closer to regaining custody of their children and if this child is believed to be in grave danger, IMO this probably was a fully supervised visits.

This is all just insight from my experience at work and IMO. Where their visit took place could have completely different security measures and protocols.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back