Tammi Smith - the Sentencing Phase

7/18/2012

NOT - Notice - Party (002)

7/19/2012

NOTE: NOTIFICATION TO COURT REPORTER NOTICE OF APPEAL FILED

http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/1ca/1camain.htm (Search by name or number under active criminal cases)

SMITH, TAMMIE PETERS

1 CA-CR 12-0443

STATE v. SMITH

Transcripts are due by 8/31. Anne Phillips is listed as Tammi's attorney. Kent Cattani will handle the appeal for the State.

I am not sure I understand this. In what capacity is Anne representing Tammi? If Kent is handling the appeal? Is the appeal based on ineffective counsel?

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/072012/m5348116.pdf

7/20/2012 APPOINTMENT OF PUBLIC DEFENDER FOR APPEAL

The Court has received and reviewed Defense counsel’s Motion to Withdraw.
Good cause appearing,

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion to Withdraw.

Notice of Appeal and Affidavit of Indigency having been filed by the Defendant,

IT IS ORDERED that a certified copy of the reporter's transcript of record on appeal be furnished at County expense.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED appointing the Public Defender to represent the Defendant in said appeal.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED directing the Public Defender to notify the Defendant to and directing Defendant hereafter to communicate with the Public Defender and not with the Court.

bbm

:jail: Is Tammi calling Judge K from jail?

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/072012/m5348116.pdf

7/20/2012 APPOINTMENT OF PUBLIC DEFENDER FOR APPEAL

The Court has received and reviewed Defense counsel’s Motion to Withdraw.
Good cause appearing,

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion to Withdraw.

Notice of Appeal and Affidavit of Indigency having been filed by the Defendant,

IT IS ORDERED that a certified copy of the reporter's transcript of record on appeal be furnished at County expense.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED appointing the Public Defender to represent the Defendant in said appeal.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED directing the Public Defender to notify the Defendant to and directing Defendant hereafter to communicate with the Public Defender and not with the Court.

bbm

:jail: Is Tammi calling Judge K from jail?

Maybe writing him, since I noticed that the Clerk of the Court is now listed as Party (004) in the case, with an attorney to be determined!

Party Information

Party Name - Number

Relationship

Sex

Attorney

Judge

Case #

State Of Arizona - (1)

Plaintiff

N/A

County Attorney, Maricopa

Elizabeth Joanne Johnson - (2)

Defendant

F

Victor, Marc

Kreamer

CR2010-101760-001

Tammi Peters Smith - (3)

Defendant

F

To Be Determined

Kreamer

CR2010-101760-002

Clerk Of The Court - (4)

In The Matter Of

N/A

To Be Determined

Maybe writing him, since I noticed that the Clerk of the Court is now listed as Party (004) in the case, with an attorney to be determined!

Party Information

Party Name - Number

Relationship

Sex

Attorney

Judge

Case #

State Of Arizona - (1)

Plaintiff

N/A

County Attorney, Maricopa

Elizabeth Joanne Johnson - (2)

Defendant

F

Victor, Marc

Kreamer

CR2010-101760-001

Tammi Peters Smith - (3)

Defendant

F

To Be Determined

Kreamer

CR2010-101760-002

Clerk Of The Court - (4)

In The Matter Of

N/A

To Be Determined

Tammi just thinks she is higher than her att. she thinks she can write to the judge
just like Elizabeth did.

Tammi just thinks she is higher than her att. she thinks she can write to the judge
just like Elizabeth did.

I wonder if she considered that if her appeal is denied, if she has been writing directly to the judge, that it might affect his decision on whether or not she has to go back to jail in January....

Sheesh, that seems quick. Sigh. Hold on to your babies, Tammi is on the loose.

Tammi Smith is out of jail. She spent 30 days behind bars for her role in the disappearance of Baby Gabriel Johnson.

Smith confirms to In Session that she was released from Estrella Jail in Phoenix today, as scheduled. She texted this message to In Session Field Producer Lena Jakobsson: "30 days alone w/God in a cell. It was totally Amazing!"

Smith was in protective custody due to the high-profile nature of her case, so she did not do work release during her incarceration. Her husband, Jack, visited three times a week.

Tammi Smith is out of jail. She spent 30 days behind bars for her role in the disappearance of Baby Gabriel Johnson.

Smith confirms to In Session that she was released from Estrella Jail in Phoenix today, as scheduled. She texted this message to In Session Field Producer Lena Jakobsson: "30 days alone w/God in a cell. It was totally Amazing!"

Smith was in protective custody due to the high-profile nature of her case, so she did not do work release during her incarceration. Her husband, Jack, visited three times a week.

First thing she does when getting out is to text media and tell them what an amazing experience she had. Is this the purpose of jail? Is the message that the more "high-profile" your crime is, the less punitive your sentence - for your own protection? What about the protection of others?

I thought the sentence was not punitive enough in the first place - and that work release would give TS too much freedom....but now I see that her "isolation" meant she did not have to endure the rigors of Tent City like some of the prisoners who are incarcerated for lesser crimes...and that her time in jail was, to her, like a visit to a monastery, complete with air conditioning, 3 meals a day and plenty of time to meditate. It seems unlikely to me that she will have "learned" anything, or that this is a "punishment" for the crimes for which she was convicted by a jury.

It doesn't make sense to me within the context of "conviction" or "justice".

MOO, rant over.

Who wants to place bets that when the EJ trial starts Tammi will be all over the media, like a commentator? I don't see any order by the court or terms of probation that will prohibit her from speaking out.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...baby-gabriel-tammi-smith-out-of-jail-brk.html

Baby Gabriel figure Tammi Smith out of jail
by D.S. Woodfill.

...The Maricopa County jail information hotline reported Smith was released from the Estrella jail just after 1 a.m. Saturday. A sheriff's official said she was released at such an odd hour as that was when she was scheduled to leave. A Facebook update from Smith's husband, Jack Smith, posted around 11 a.m. read:

"MY FAMILY IS COMPLETE AGAIN!!! At 1:45am I picked the worlds most beautiful "jail bird" up from the jail. She has lthe most amazing details of Gods love, mercy and favor to tell you about. Thanks for all the love and support from everyone. I don't think I could have made it without you!!!! Much love Jack Smith."...

...At her sentencing, Smith drew ire from the judge and Gabriel's family, who accused her of hiding behind her religious piety rather than apologizing for her role and demonstrating remorse.

She compared her suffering at the hands of the media to the suffering of Jesus Christ on the cross. Smith went so far as to invoke the words of Christ on the cross: "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."...

More at link...

I guess God has been talking to Tammi again.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...baby-gabriel-tammi-smith-out-of-jail-brk.html

Baby Gabriel figure Tammi Smith out of jail
by D.S. Woodfill.

...The Maricopa County jail information hotline reported Smith was released from the Estrella jail just after 1 a.m. Saturday. A sheriff's official said she was released at such an odd hour as that was when she was scheduled to leave. A Facebook update from Smith's husband, Jack Smith, posted around 11 a.m. read:

"MY FAMILY IS COMPLETE AGAIN!!! At 1:45am I picked the worlds most beautiful "jail bird" up from the jail. She has lthe most amazing details of Gods love, mercy and favor to tell you about. Thanks for all the love and support from everyone. I don't think I could have made it without you!!!! Much love Jack Smith."...

...At her sentencing, Smith drew ire from the judge and Gabriel's family, who accused her of hiding behind her religious piety rather than apologizing for her role and demonstrating remorse.

She compared her suffering at the hands of the media to the suffering of Jesus Christ on the cross. Smith went so far as to invoke the words of Christ on the cross: "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."...

More at link...

I guess God has been talking to Tammi again.

I guess only time will tell. One oft-quoted scripture verse is: A Tree is Known By Its Fruit. Also, "By Their Fruits You Will Know Them".

We haven't heard the last of her, that's for sure. Sigh.

That 30 days sure went fast.....

With the depth of mental illness/ personality disorder she, IMO, exhibits, I believe when the imaginary "public" of her mind vanishes and she has no more narcissistic supply to feed the illness, she will get herself arrested again just for the attention.

As for Jack, he has been on the inside of the "gospel talk" machine all his life, professional since the age of 16. This kind of "schtoop" talk has meant survival at a basic level (food, shelter, clothing) since an age when many kids were safely at home being cared for by parents. So I would like to cut him some slack for being taken in so easily.

For those that are interested, there is published literature on narcissists being drawn to borderline personality disordered folk like moths to flame and why that is. I'm not a diagnostitian, so just sayin IF that is the case here...~cough cough~.

I just wish he knew how silly the elaborate words of thanks and praise look when it is actually to 3-4 online misfits. IMO You think maybe he imagines them to be some huge adoring audience? IMO

With the depth of mental illness/ personality disorder she, IMO, exhibits, I believe when the imaginary "public" of her mind vanishes and she has no more narcissistic supply to feed the illness, she will get herself arrested again just for the attention.

As for Jack, he has been on the inside of the "gospel talk" machine all his life, professional since the age of 16. This kind of "schtoop" talk has meant survival at a basic level (food, shelter, clothing) since an age when many kids were safely at home being cared for by parents. So I would like to cut him some slack for being taken in so easily.

For those that are interested, there is published literature on narcissists being drawn to borderline personality disordered folk like moths to flame and why that is. I'm not a diagnostitian, so just sayin IF that is the case here...~cough cough~.

I just wish he knew how silly the elaborate words of thanks and praise look when it is actually to 3-4 online misfits. IMO You think maybe he imagines them to be some huge adoring audience? IMO

Interesting, informative...I agree. Thanks.

Wow!! I think that you are spot on!
I hope that Logan will get his wish and Tammi will not be able to follow all of the rules of her probation and end up back in Jail!
You would think she would have at least take down her Stones of Grace website
who in the world would want to donate money to her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back