AL AL - Blount Co, WhtMale 1139UMAL, 33-43, .22 revolver, alias 'Chad Singleton', Oct'05

I heard back from Doe Network, to their knowledge the two have never been compared.

If LE knows something about the photos, they have yet to update the folks at Doe.

The person who responded to me indicated that the comparison would be forwarded for consideration.

I heard back from Doe Network, to their knowledge the two have never been compared.

If LE knows something about the photos, they have yet to update the folks at Doe.

The person who responded to me indicated that the comparison would be forwarded for consideration.

Which two have never been compared?

Sorry, but I've become a bit lost :waitasec:

Is it these two photos that have never been compared?

1139UMAL.jpg

JSAdkins1.jpg

The UID and Jason Scott Adkins. Controversy over the origin of the photos aside, we still have 1) unidentified male and 2) a missing male. Doe Network is going to look into the possibility of a match, and if they determine there is an issue with the photos then hopefully they will update the UID's page.

I'm a bit surprised that an investigator familiar with the case hasn't contacted Doe themselves and asked the UID's page be updated.

At least having the two ruled out as a match will be in Doe's records.

I think she means that Jason has never been compared to our doe. I am going to hold out hope that this is a match until LE confirms that it is not.

Me is a he:crazy:

Anyway, that's correct. Whoever that first photo is, darn sure looks like the missing guy to me. Even down to the "heavy" right eyelid which seems to droop just a little at the outer edge.

Anyway, that's correct. Whoever that first photo is, darn sure looks like the missing guy to me. Even down to the "heavy" right eyelid which seems to droop just a little at the outer edge.

I do apologize, and I agree whoever the guy is in that first picture sure looks like the missing man.

No need to apologize. :)
Hopefully the folks at Doe Network can get it all straightened out...If nothing else, we've alerted them to a potential problem. I suppose the possibility exists that photo #1 is a different missing person, and LE somewhere submitted it as a potential match.

That's what I meant when I responded earlier - that the first pic looks like Jason. Hopefully the Doe Network will respond quickly!!!

Monkey-
With your permission, I'd like to forward the information you've posted here to the Doe Network folks.

https://identifyus.org/cases/512

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year Of Birth State LKA
William Arnold 1942 Nebraska
David Bacon 1946 New York
Clyde Ellis, Jr. 1956 Mississippi
Alfred Grimes 1954 California
Joseph Halpern 1910 Colorado
Reed Jeppson 1949 Utah
Roger Madison 1953 California
Darrel Nichols 1953 Utah
SALVATORE RAFALA 1942 Connecticut
John Wagner 1951 Missouri
Mitchel Weiser 1956 New York

what confuses me here is that they found a skeleton of the UID with the woman's ID. she says her CL husband was Chad Singeton. LE determines that the real Chad Singleton died in 1995.

unless they compared a DNA sample from the UID to the CL husband, how on earth could they conclude that the UID was the CL husband based solely on a skeleton? they are basing his whole description on the assumption they were one in the same.

Maybe the woman knew he had a clavicle fracture? If he used to have X-rays it might be compared. She might have had some idea about why he'd want to kill himself too? (Supposing it looked a suicide but maybe it didn't.) Maybe she knew if he had a gun like that?

Namus says, "Tooth 2 & 4 - removed and submitted per a court order to Reliagene for possible paternity testing." Maybe the woman had a child with him and it was determined the UID was the babydaddy?

I suppose some other guy might have got her ID from the vanished husband but what a coincidence for him to turn up dead.
Wonder why the husband had a fake ID. Should we look for him in wanted lists?

At first I thought the description couldn't come solely from the woman since she would have known if he was closer to 5´0 or 5´8 but then I noticed DN page has changed from the opening post and it now says 5´5" to 5´8".

Anyway, I bet the UID turned out to be the father of the woman's children. They just don't know who the heck that was.

sounds as plausible as anything else Donjeta. the paternity test tidbit probably does answer the question of why they made that match.

This is an interesting case to say the least. So the guy in the UID photographs from the DOENETWORK, from my understanding, went under the assumed name Chad Singleton. The real Chad died in 1995 and is not the UID. The UID assumed Chad's identity. The photo on the left is from a Florida arrest and the one on the right is from the common-law wife who hadn't seen "Chad" since 2004? :what:

Here's a local guy, Herman Gamble, that I'm surprised they haven't at least ruled-out. He does fit the physical specs of the UID, and I see a resemblance though he is younger then the estimated age of the deceased. I honestly haven't look at any other sites to see if he has been proposed as a match for this UID, but fwiw I'll post it here. My computer is "bugging" out a bit and my photo software isn't working correctly otherwise I'd do a side-by-side. I did send an email to both case managers to see if Herman has been at least compared...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4371/4/

This is an interesting case to say the least. So the guy in the UID photographs from the DOENETWORK, from my understanding, went under the assumed name Chad Singleton. The real Chad died in 1995 and is not the UID. The UID assumed Chad's identity. The photo on the left is from a Florida arrest and the one on the right is from the common-law wife who hadn't seen "Chad" since 2004? :what:

Here's a local guy, Herman Gamble, that I'm surprised they haven't at least ruled-out. He does fit the physical specs of the UID, and I see a resemblance though he is younger then the estimated age of the deceased. I honestly haven't look at any other sites to see if he has been proposed as a match for this UID, but fwiw I'll post it here. My computer is "bugging" out a bit and my photo software isn't working correctly otherwise I'd do a side-by-side. I did send an email to both case managers to see if Herman has been at least compared...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4371/4/

1139UMAL.jpg

They do look alike. At the time of his June 2004 disappearance, Gamble had a job and was under the regular care of a doctor if he was prescribed insulin. It's not clear who reported him missing, but he sounds rooted and established where he was in life.

If immediately after that he assumed the Chad Singleton identity and began a relationship with the woman, she would have only known him four months or less by the time "Chad" disappeared in October 2004, so it's questionable whether she would have considered him her husband versus merely a boyfriend by that time. Questionable but not impossible!

The unanswered question that would be incredibly helpful in this UID case is when did the wife first meet her husband? Did he come to town out of nowhere and refuse to talk about his past (like fellow UID/false identity case Lori Ruff) or did he have "roots" (friends, coworkers, etc. who knew him well) before she met him? That might give us a better idea of when he could have assumed Chad's identity.

Too bad we don't have more information from the UID's common law wife like how long they were together, etc.... That would help establish a time line when he decided "to become" Chad Singleton.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back