Zahra's memorial and where to be buried.

I'm just guessing, but probably AB and Emily are fighting over who gets custody of her remains.

this ''feels'' like another shoe is going to drop soon -- I'll bet that repatriation to Australia is in the making and that Z's mom is coming to attend. That's a six day lead time and I imagine there are lots of details that are being negotiated right now. Given that the mom has had visitation rights etc that were not respected, I would hope she's got an Australian Court Order in her hand as we speak today and that the Consulate here is assisting.

Are the remains even released for burial yet? I would think not, since they seem to be still hoping more will turn up. (I've not heard that the remains were released to anyone yet - have they been?)

Hence a memorial and not a funeral?

That's what it implies in the article.

Right now it hasn’t been decided where Zahra will be buried.

In this link it says Z is having a memorial in Hickory. It says it hasn't been decided where Z will be buried. Wouldn't ED, AB and KB have say in that? hasn't it been said they want her back in Oz? I'm a little confused as to why they say it hasn't been decided.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memorial-scheduled-for-Zahra-Baker-110874714.html

I am curious as to who arranged it, I imagine it is to give closure to Zahra for Hickory (although I thought that's what the vigil was for). I would certainly hope that ED will be getting Zahra's remains to have a memorial in Australia, and decide for herself whether to cremate or bury her. I hate to think that EB & AB would have any say at all considering they are responsible IMO. I don't think KB would have a say as she is not next of kin unless AB was somehow allowed to arrange things and he took her advice.

They may still be working out legalities and final arrangements.

I seriously doubt the remains have been released. I think they are just announcing the memorial. I feel quite sure there will be a battle over them, and that is why it has not been decided. But as far as them being released, naw. Too soon.

Some other threads of interest:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119659"]releasing Zahra remains - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119169"]Who will get Zahra's remains if AB goes to jail? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I seriously doubt the remains have been released. I think they are just announcing the memorial. I feel quite sure there will be a battle over them, and that is why it has not been decided. But as far as them being released, naw. Too soon.

I'm not sure there will be a battle over them. Didn't AB say in his interview he wanted her buried in Australia?

I think it is too soon for them to be released, but they wanted to have a service now that her death is confirmed, and the funeral/burial will take place in Australia. They might have a battle over where in Australia, I guess, but I doubt AB will contest her being repatriated. MOO.

I am curious as to who arranged it, I imagine it is to give closure to Zahra for Hickory (although I thought that's what the vigil was for). I would certainly hope that ED will be getting Zahra's remains to have a memorial in Australia, and decide for herself whether to cremate or bury her. I hate to think that EB & AB would have any say at all considering they are responsible IMO. I don't think KB would have a say as she is not next of kin unless AB was somehow allowed to arrange things and he took her advice.

They may still be working out legalities and final arrangements.

I think AB and his mom likely arranged it, since they didn't attend the vigil, but that's just my speculation. I think the public vigil was for the town, and this for the family/friends, from what I gather.

Interesting post in the thread that you bumped Ducky, seems like the big wigs in OZ are already helping ED get her remains.

I'm not sure whether this has already been posted .... forgive me if it has.

Australian national news just reported that our Prime Minster, Julia Gillard, is personally overseeing that consulate officials assist Emily to bring Zahra's remains home. (source: Channel 7 News Australia). It was also reported that our PM was advised of the latest development some days ago.

ETA: There was no mention of support for AB. Interesting. There was reference to Zahra's 'mother' (Emily) a couple of times.

Zahra is a citizen of AU, so IMO she should go home to her mom in AU.
AB made arrangements in US for memorial.
IMO, Zahra will have another memorial and burial in AU.
Giving to St. Judes for Children is a wonderful thing to do.
And I am sure there is a Children's Cancer research in AU also to donate in her honor.
IMO no memorial were she had to live, h*llhouses.
If anything a living tree or garden in a park or playground or anywhere Zahra would be happy.

Awkward....I can imagine some mixed emotions outside this service from some of the public if AB is there.

Hopefully AB is arrested along with EB by then and in jail.
If not AB better wear bullet proof clothes..........to many enemies!
I am so afraid of a riot!

this ''feels'' like another shoe is going to drop soon -- I'll bet that repatriation to Australia is in the making and that Z's mom is coming to attend. That's a six day lead time and I imagine there are lots of details that are being negotiated right now. Given that the mom has had visitation rights etc that were not respected, I would hope she's got an Australian Court Order in her hand as we speak today and that the Consulate here is assisting.

BBM

Sadly, from reading over at HM, Emily found out about the memorial service from reading about it there. She has posted a few times today, and my heart breaks for her.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11/22/zahra-baker-case-following-the-progress-part-2/#comments

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back