Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a video link to GBC talking real estate? I would like to see the difference between the interview with his sister and what he is normally like.

I have no idea why anyone would think the police are not doing a good job, surely no one seriously thinks they are telling the general public what is going on behind closed doors.
They are just drip feeding info to keep things on the boil, for all we know they do have the phone now, I don't think it is as important now Alison's body has been found. Triangulating it to 150 meters is good enough for me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-j7OLePAg"]Best Practice - The Great Culture at Century 21 Westside Brisbane - YouTube[/ame]

I just got off the phone from someone who says BC senior was at a nearby police station for several hours today.

Hi again - some people have mentioned this previous post so I updated to the best of my current knowledge - feel free to correct or enhance or argue or whatever :)

----

<snip>

** NOTE ALL THE ABOVE 'possible info' - based on verbal conjecture by locals in the area or posted on her identifying themselves as people in the know - therefore should be taken with a grain of salt

Gerard Baden-Clay behaved unusually during the search for his wife - That isn't a fact, it's opinion

GBC had a scratch on his face - Link? I have only seen innuendo about tis.

Neighbours overheard a disturbance in Allison's home on the night she disappeared - Link? Disturbance was heard 4kms away?

There is no mention Allison was wearing running shoes, or any mention that's what GBC said she was wearing at 10pm - Yes there is...the initial reports by QPS said she was wearing white sneakers.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

What was the Pathways conference she was attending? and was she working as a psychologist there?

She was rolling out workshops into schools which were to run for a 3 year duration. Conference was in West End and you will find links to it in thread 2 or 3. I am on an iPhone ATM so can't supply links

:maddening:

How do you know that the police are busting their guts on this case? To me, they did the wrong thing by monitoring the roundabout at Moggil and Kenmore.....It's obvious that the person would have taken Moggil and Rafting Ground Road. Why haven't they asked everyone to look out for a recently damaged car? Look, the police stuffed up in various cases!!! Look at the poor Morcombe case....they took ages to give out an identikit of the ratbag who abducted and murdered the poor child. That was horrendously disgraceful that the public was waiting soooooo long for what the fellah looked like!!! They went on and on and on about a blue car too in that case! They could have handled that case a whole lot better and whole lot faster if everyone knew what the fellah looked like. It took nearly 2 years before the public knew what the man looked like.
The police screw up a lot. Also, the QPS in particular are wary of the public....they don't want to involve us. Everywhere else in the world (the majority), the police rely and depend on the public to help them. They are not afraid to ask. Here in Queensland, they ask years later or just ask silly questions like did you see a car at such and such. They should ask more direct questions like.....Have you seen anyone at all doing anything strange in the vicinity of Brookfield/Pullenvale between Wednesday (yes, the day before the alleged slaying) to the following Wednesday (yes...a whole week). Instead, the QPS ask everyone if they saw cars on the Moggil Kenmore Road roudabout from the hours of 11pm to 4am. What the hell??? That's ridiculous....They should have asked has anyone seen anything suspicious about cars from Wednesday (for precautionary measures...) to the following Wednesday.
Lots of things peeve me about the QPS and the way they handle this case. I'm sure that I'm not the only one peeved. The problem is that people worry about complaining about the police because they think that they'll pull them over for something trivial or accuse them of something weird (it happens in QLD). Luckily, I am not intimidated by them & I have nothing to hide!!!! Fed up with them dragging their heals and people patting them on the back as if they're doing this for free. They get overtime you know. I'm not going to tell them that they are doing a good job until I see results....I'm not a psychophant...sucking up to them!

So are you saying they need interstate assistance because the banana benders cannot do the job? Should they get VicPol involved say the Purana taskforce to work this job and get the perpetrators behind bars? Harsh calls. What are you saying there 543?

Thanks Makara.

Here is what happened to me:

I've been in the very same situation in my car. I was following a friend to a camp site late at night. It was a very windey road and at one stage when my friend disappeared around a bend I put my lights on high beam. When I went to put my lights back to low beam, my head lights were gone and would only work on high beam. So as to not blind my friend, I put my lights on low beam which meant only my parkers were on, she saw what was happening and pulled over, I slowly pulled up behind her (country road, late at night etc.) Exactly the same scenario!!!

That's OK 543. I didn't take offence. I just wish I knew why you seem to be so angry. :waitasec:

Ok, so I have about 3 pages to catch up on but...

I'd answer for 543 and say that the reason they're coming across like this is because ever since they expressed their differing theories/opinions everyone kinda jumped on them and haven't been really that kind about it.

I don't necessarily subscribe to 543's theories on the matter but I'd like to say that the theory they present is, to a great extent, as likely as any other at the moment given the *facts* that we have on this case. Just because we don't agree with them doesn't mean that they don't have the right to express their theories.

The general tone of all these threads is GBC did it. I certainly sway this way. HOWEVER how do we know that he did it? I've read (in this forum) of theories that suggest a possible involvement--he was an accessory but not the actual one who committed the crime. Sure, we all shrug and go "nah, no way" but why? I know that it's weird he "lawyered up" but perhaps that's because he was involved in a dodgy dealing that would result in his wife being kidnapped and murdered. All right, I think that's probably more prime-time viewing than reality HOWEVER it's a possibility given the facts we have.

The majority here thing GBC is guilty based on analysis of the one "interview" he did (and even I think there's something *very* wrong about how he conducts himself there) and other observations of photos and that BUT the reality is we have very little to work with. The majority of everything written here is pure speculation.

My point: I don't think 543 deserves the treatment he/she receives. It's a theory and so what should be done is shoot it down with *fact* or if that can't be done respectfully disagree.

Occam's razor usually wins out but it doesn't always. Just saying...and expect to receive flack for saying this but it's been bugging me for a couple of days so...yeah...I'm happy to go out on the limb. :)

Oh, IMO, MOO and all that jazz.

Mr Baden-Clay reported his wife missing in the early morning after he last saw her on April 19 at 10pm.

He said she had left their Brookfield home in grey exercise pants and running shoes.

Later that day, as he drove to the police station to give more detail about the last time he saw his wife, he crashed his car into a bus stop and was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ppen-to-the-good/story-fnat7jnn-1226353374332
BBM

Mr Baden-Clay is recovering from a car accident which occurred just two days after his wife was reported missing.

He was taken to Royal Brisbane Hospital after crashing his car outside Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, in Brisbane&#8217;s west on Sunday afternoon.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/missing-mum-allison-baden-clays-husband-gerard-in-hospital-after-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867

She was rolling out workshops into schools which were to run for a 3 year duration. Conference was in West End and you will find links to it in thread 2 or 3. I am on an iPhone ATM so can't supply links
I think it was "Friend for Life" (the program she was rolling out)

you have taken what I have written out of context - go back and read it again as a whole paragraph and you will see where I was going with it all.

I read the whole thing- i just highlighted major points to ask how someone could kill her but not be guilty?

Hawkins post makes me sad to think about what that could have meant...

Hawkins: "It seems to be a particularly nasty and confronting matter. Not the sort of case that would be pleasant for jurors."

I am 'there' too Shelbinator, IMO Jurors would be sickened when confronted by proven child *advertiser censored* access by a male in a 'happy married family' situation. That would be the worst If I Was A Juror.

Thus, when said male is confronted a very bad outcome happens perhaps to the accuser????????

JMO of a nasty confronting matter for a jury.

Does anyone have a video link to GBC talking real estate? I would like to see the difference between the interview with his sister and what he is normally like..

This is a video of how people really are when their loved one goes missing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4DPxdVM_Z4&feature=related"]Missing woman's family appeals for information - YouTube[/ame]

:crossfingers:

Ok lah...better than a bush drive I reckon, but you never know what the other one will do!! I start so early there are not many on the road

Oh lah ...as far as I have seen in sng it is always busy on the roads even early in the morning with those wishing to go across the causeway to Malaysia for a cheaper round of golf!!!

Ok, so I have about 3 pages to catch up on but...

I'd answer for 543 and say that the reason they're coming across like this is because ever since they expressed their differing theories/opinions everyone kinda jumped on them and haven't been really that kind about it.

I don't necessarily subscribe to 543's theories on the matter but I'd like to say that the theory they present is, to a great extent, as likely as any other at the moment given the *facts* that we have on this case. Just because we don't agree with them doesn't mean that they don't have the right to express their theories.

The general tone of all these threads is GBC did it. I certainly sway this way. HOWEVER how do we know that he did it? I've read (in this forum) of theories that suggest a possible involvement--he was an accessory but not the actual one who committed the crime. Sure, we all shrug and go "nah, no way" but why? I know that it's weird he "lawyered up" but perhaps that's because he was involved in a dodgy dealing that would result in his wife being kidnapped and murdered. All right, I think that's probably more prime-time viewing than reality HOWEVER it's a possibility given the facts we have.

The majority here thing GBC is guilty based on analysis of the one "interview" he did (and even I think there's something *very* wrong about how he conducts himself there) and other observations of photos and that BUT the reality is we have very little to work with. The majority of everything written here is pure speculation.

My point: I don't think 543 deserves the treatment he/she receives. It's a theory and so what should be done is shoot it down with *fact* or if that can't be done respectfully disagree.

Occam's razor usually wins out but it doesn't always. Just saying...and expect to receive flack for saying this but it's been bugging me for a couple of days so...yeah...I'm happy to go out on the limb. :)

Oh, IMO, MOO and all that jazz.
The police have stated that ABC was likely killed by someone close to her, and her house was a crime scene. These are facts. Therefore discounting 543's theory.

Ok GBC was very deeply in debt and prepared to do anything to save face and not loose his lovely new building. His dodgy lawyer friend knows some loan sharks who loan him a heapof money. The business doesn't start to pick up as expected and the loan sharks want their money. Which of course GBC doesn't have and isn't taking their threats to do his loved ones harm if theyb don't get their money.
They would really like to break GBC's legs but they want their money and as smart businessmen.
They arrive at the house that night and torture ABC right in front of GBC (hands gone). They then get GBC to show them a place to dump the body so they follow him in his 4wd.
Toss her phone out along the way.
What do you think?

Hi Maxymoo
If this is the case, why hasnt GBC told the truth?

Hawkins: "It seems to be a particularly nasty and confronting matter. Not the sort of case that would be pleasant for jurors."

I am 'there' too Shelbinator, IMO Jurors would sickened when confronted by proven child *advertiser censored* access by a male in a 'happy married family' situation. That would be the worst If I Was A Juror.

Thus, when said male is confronted a very bad outcome happens perhaps to the accuser????????

JMO of a nasty confronting matter for a jury.

I thought Hawkins was referring to the state of Allison's body and/or COD. Guess we'll have to wait to see when he pops in again.

@Neuromancer, the bit about were they expecting someone to come in from Indro way, from what I had researched , one helpful person resides in the Brisbane suburb containing that old sandstone uni... if you know what I am saying.

Aaah Italian folk song!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member