2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to put it out there that I suspect the strange goings on yesterday re Casey might mean that Baez is being removed from the case, maybe with CM taking over. Does anyone else think that's possible?

Good Mornin' y'all from North Carolina! Hey I was watching NG last night and she mentioned something I had not heard before..she said that while ICA was in JBs office for alllllll that time when she was out on bond "it was said that she even answered the phones, like a secretary". Has anyone heard that before ? I thought that was SOOOO CASEY-LIKE! Morphing into her surroundings like a fungus. LOL

No breakfast here yet.... off to perk some coffee!

Yep, agree with the poster above -- that phrase bolded above is deserving of some sort of award. One of the most descriptive turns of phrase I've heard - and sums KC up to a T

Please don't let their be a delay, today... yesterdays delay put too much time on my hands and I went shopping. At this point and time I may be brought up on manslaughter charges for killing my bank account. :(

Maybe ICA herself will get up there.....she was prob not dressed properly yesterday for the stand, and needed one more day.....

Morning everybody!!

I must admit I haven't slept a wink the whole entire night, and I won't be able to now knowing the trial is about to start in a little over half an hour. I am really curious about who the surprise witness will be for the defence today?

There's a surprise witness for the defense today? :eek:

Surprise to us, or also a surprise to the state?

Maybe ICA herself will get up there.....she was prob not dressed properly yesterday for the stand, and needed one more day.....

Um that's totally what I am thinking too! (the part about ICA taking the stand I meant, haha)

O/T

But for those following the saga of the under-achieving kitten: I landed on the idea of chicken baby food yesterday. So far, we have a winner. :)

I must tell you - the one we called 'Runty' from a stray mother cat who graced us with four kittens is now Ringo and is the king of the house, a beautiful marbled silver grey tabby. Very vocal, fetches, and very alpha male - and a big boy. I think the runts, though fussy, have a strong will to live - thank heavens!

Shower then trial - whooo hooo!

I will take notice if she walks in with toilet paper in hand.....

I'm just going to put it out there that I suspect the strange goings on yesterday re Casey might mean that Baez is being removed from the case, maybe with CM taking over. Does anyone else think that's possible?

I guess we will know in about 30 minutes...

From the things I have seen in this trial ANYTHING is possible and we will know soon. I just can't seem to predict a thing.

Good morning! My dh is on a business trip, so I'm enjoying guilt-free non-stop trial coverage :innocent:

As much as I despise JB I really don't think I could stand listening to Mason for the rest of the trial. I can only take him in real small doses. Like, 5 minutes or less. :floorlaugh:

Check this out...

Some legal experts said Judge Perry bears some of the blame because he has allowed Baez, an inexperienced attorney, to keep pushing the case forward despite the fact that, on paper, Cheney Mason, who is qualified to try capital cases, is the lead attorney.

"He does it on paper, but he's not doing it in the courtroom, and that is what's important, who is the lead attorney in the courtroom, and that's why I fault Judge Perry. I think he should not be yelling at Jose Baez but yelling at Cheney Mason, because at the end of the day, Cheney Mason is one who will be cited as lead attorney on appeal," attorney Richard Hornsby said.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28299606/detail.html

Morning all :seeya:

I'm going a little nutso here, we have a trial going on locally for a man that killed 3 police officers and it's so sad. I was actually a little relieved when court was cut short for ICA yesterday so I could follow the first day of this trial. http://www.wtae.com/news/28273970/detail.html

Thanks for the yummy breakfast!

As much as I despise JB I really don't think I could stand listening to Mason for the rest of the trial. I can only take him in real small doses. Like, 5 minutes or less. :floorlaugh:

I love his accent but he takes to long so I agree.

I guess we will know in about 30 minutes...

Guess so. At this point, I can't even venture a guess. If HHJP himself tried to get himself excused on some wacky medical leave thing, it wouldn't surprise me. ;)

HHJP: Hi, Stan. Do you think if I tell everyone I have Ebola virus, I can get out of this thing?

Stan: It's worth a shot, Buddy.

:floorlaugh:

Good morning :seeya:(afternoon where I am) - will be interesting to see what happens today!!

Good Morning Everyone,

For all of us dieters out there....

breakfast-fruit-salad-602.jpg

I still have 100 lbs to go in order to fix into my FAT clothes...:crazy:

if you want company, we have a lovely thread in the jury room for support while we're losing! it was a busier thread before trial started but some of us are still going :D

I can't listen to Mason at all because he mumbles so badly that I can't understand what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam