John Morgan to depose Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Casey might have been able to dodge a bullet if she'd only mentioned 'her' ZFG's name, because there are apparently several people with that name.

Her mistake (although in her mind she may have thought she was being pretty clever) was in associating that name with Sawgrass.

Whether or not she actually knew there was a ZFG who'd been there is debatable, but the fact that only one person of that name can be connected to Sawgrass winnowed down the 'suspect' list to one woman.

By allowing/encouraging/urging her attorney to slap back with this ill-advised countersuit, Miss Casey now gets to be deposed by the opposing counsel in the presence of the 'real' ZFG. And if his comment in the interview yesterday is accurate, the deposition will be done in public via video at the jail.

Now that will be must-see TV.

ZFG's lawyer could have taken her deposition regardless of whether she filed a counterclaim.

My opinion is both the claim and the counterclaim are idiotic. But my standards for accepting clients are higher than some.... ;)

After listening to Mr. Morgan I really like him. He seems like a nice person..not some sleazy att. we have had to watch for months..
This is going to be Great..I bet Baez will try to drop this countersuit...The questions this gentleman is going to ask..will blow ole casey away, but wait,,she will deny deny deny...
Can't wait to see this..

Another mistake KC made was describing the same car that ZG drives.

I think they just might drop the lawsuit, she is not going to want to be questioned. I still am floored that they even filed a counter claim. Not sure what JB is thinking.

Peanut we are talking about BAEZ there's your answer..he is soo DUHH

When Morgan deposes KC, can she take the 5th, and refuse to say anything? Then JB would just have to drop the countersuit and the deposition would be over ?

ZFG's lawyer could have taken her deposition regardless of whether she filed a counterclaim.

My opinion is both the claim and the counterclaim are idiotic. But my standards for accepting clients are higher than some.... ;)

Maybe just a way to get her to talk.

When Morgan deposes KC, can she take the 5th, and refuse to say anything? Then JB would just have to drop the countersuit and the deposition would be over ?

She can take the 5th, but unlike in a criminal case there will be consequences for taking the 5th.

For example one time I was handling a case for a business whose 3 accounting employees conspired to embezzle millions of dollars. While the crim case was ongoing, we filed a civil lawsuit and took their depositions. They took the 5th, we won the case because they didn't deny anything....

JB needs the Acme Refresher Law School Course pronto !

Now they are trying to say it was a different ZFG that was introduced by Jeff (I think Mayer or Meyer) and Juliette Lewis. Strangely there is no Juliette Lewis the Jeff Meyer with a son Zack is also a different guy than the one LE spoke too. So many different people with the same name...

Morgan is a highly skilled lawyer, he is a trial lawyer. He will chew them up and spit them out. Baez will be cowering and crying like a little girl when he's done with them.
jmo

Baez will file a motion to stay the civil proceedings pending resolution of the criminal charges. Or he should anyway. It will be granted.

I think the ZFG suit is frivolous. KC did not point her out in a line-up, gave a description that is completely opposite of this ZFG and as so many here have stated: Zanaida, Zenaida is a more common name than we thought. In fact, LE showed KC photos of over 9 ZFG's in the Orlando area, which supports the idea that the name is realtively common in the community.

ZFG has to prove that KC named HER specifically, not just a random ZFG. To do so, she must prove how KC made the connection to her and Sawgrass Apts. I would personally love to hear this, but I don't think even the illustrious Attorney has the answer. ZFG can't just THINK that KC targeted her in particular, she must PROVE it.

Once proven, then ZFG has to prove that she has sustained damage as a result.

Only 2 people in the world believe KC, one is KC, the other is her reflection. I do not believe for a minute that ZFG lost her job or was denied employment because of her name.

I respectfully disagree the ONLY ZG that was AT Sawgrass apts is this ZG. Ironic that she also has 2 daughters that according to JM Casey named. Those 2 things will win her the lawsuit, no doubt in my mind.

I'm sure ZG has proof that she was let go from her job and was denied employment in several instances. JMO.

About 2/3 through the 23min raw interview footage w/Morgan, he mentions that he was contacted by 2 different law firms claiming to represent Casey Anthony - the first one asked for additional time to respond (which was given), only to be replaced by a different firm who also asked for additional time to respond (also given).

And yet it was Jose who ultimately filed? Weird.

If you have the time to watch, the raw footage is quite interesting. Near the end, he makes a great point of saying that the countersuit is supposed to be in Casey's words, not a lawyer's.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18000810/detail.html

It sounds like none of the lawyers working on the case are even talking to each other! lol

In Casey's words:

"This is AB-SOLUTELY not the same make-believe nanny I was talking about. The real make-believe nanny has a make-believe sister named, Sam. I meant a completely different make-believe nanny, really!"

KC was talking about the ZFG she knew for two years - that traveled with her and took Caylee for weekends at the beach - yet she doesn't know where she lives nor her phone number... but it's not THIS ZFG. Right............. I still think she made the nanny up - too bad it turned out there are real women out there with that name.

She can take the 5th, but unlike in a criminal case there will be consequences for taking the 5th.

For example one time I was handling a case for a business whose 3 accounting employees conspired to embezzle millions of dollars. While the crim case was ongoing, we filed a civil lawsuit and took their depositions. They took the 5th, we won the case because they didn't deny anything....

That's interesting. Well I'm sure then the case will be dropped, cause we all know that KC isn't talking for fear of the kidnappers doing something bad to Caylee.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As the case was originally filed... ZFG vs. Casey she could have enacted her 5th amendment rights...

HOWEVER

Now that a counter suit has been filed by Casey, she CAN NOT enact her 5th amendment rights... she must testify which is why Morgan claims the counter suit may hurt her more than anything.

That's interesting. Well I'm sure then the case will be dropped, cause we all know that KC isn't talking for fear of the kidnappers doing something bad to Caylee.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Baez might want to drop HIS case but that doesn't mean ZFG & Morgan will simply walk away & say 'Oh, ok never mind.' lol

Oh and this might be a good time for Cindy to produce that picture she claims she has of Caylee's nanny Zenaida. One would assume that's the 'real' nanny & this whole misunderstanding would be cleared up quickly. hehe

Its been a long morning for me....I thought I read dispose Casey. I had to read your title a few times over.
I cannot wait to hear this is over. So heartbreaking.

KC was talking about the ZFG she knew for two years - that traveled with her and took Caylee for weekends at the beach - yet she doesn't know where she lives nor her phone number... but it's not THIS ZFG. Right............. I still think she made the nanny up - too bad it turned out there are real women out there with that name.

It's also too bad that this person was at Sawgrass with that name and I think it's of no coincidence that KC knew this. It would be terribly ironic for someone with that name to just happen to be at Sawgrass then KC pops up with the name for her nanny..fishy at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member