Cindy Anthony subpoenaed to appear in court

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm here for Caylee."

Wow! That simple, but beautiful statement just teared me up. The thought of someone sitting in that courtroom and letting them know that Caylee had someone there just for her. A stranger, no less, standing there for her, as her own flesh and blood try to help free the person who killed her, who also happens to be her flesh and blood. Powerful!

And risk getting charged with filing a false police report if it's NOT true??? :snooty::hand:Cindy wanted Casey arrested for Grand Theft Auto. Then it dawned on her that Caylee was still gone for 31 days and Casey wasn't allowing her to see/talk to her (we now know that wasn't possible, so Casey had to concoct a lie at that point- which turned out to be invisinannny, only she fingered ZF-G to the police). Cindy was definitely hysterical when she put two and two together and realized the car smelled like a dead body and... Caylee was nowhere to be found. This clearly was an excited utterance by the 3rd 911 call, not just a ruse to get the police there quicker!

I respectfully disagree with most of this. Ca knew for several hours that the car smelled horrible.IMO Not an excited utterance at all in my opinion. I do not think it really matters because I believe the Judge will allow this call in no matter what.IMO That will only defer it to the jury though and put the burden on the state to prove that Ca really believed the car smelled like a dead body.IMO I do not know how they are going to do that though. If the defense is articulate enough, they will be able to get Ca's point across through questioning. IMO I think the state is only interested to show that Kc articulated this nanny story. IMO As far as I know, Kc has never changed from the Nanny has my child story.Imo I have heard variations given by others of some blanchard park theory or concept, but I don't know of Kc herself changing that story except through hearsay. IMO Even in the hearsay changed story, the Nanny still has the child. IMO Jb said that Kc has a compelling reason for her actions. We will have to wait til trial. IMO I am very interested to watch Ca on the stand. I do not believe it will be like the civil trial at all. I believe she will be very respectful and tearful. IMO

Ps: What would we expect? We intend to kill your daughter, may we ask you some questions mam? Thats a pretty tough question in my opinion.

I don't believe that Casey thought that her mother was REALLY on the phone to the law when they were in the car ~

Cindy probably threatened Casey all the time with calling the police on her for one thing or another, and, she never followed through with it.

When Casey told Cindy that Caylee had been "kidnapped", and had been gone for a month, she probably figured that she could talk her mother out of calling the police, and, to go into "cohoots" with her and let her join the private investigation that she claims she had been doing for a month ~
And, Cindy is just as twisted and devious as her daughter, and, she probably thought that she COULD have managed the job.

But, with Lee showing up, it put a twist in their skirts and put them both on the spot to do something ~ IMO.

I have long maintained that had the police never been called, that Caylee would have "gone to summer with her new-found grandparents for bonding", and come fall, it would have extended, and that would have been the end of it.
Cindy would tell all that Casey was enrolled in college, was spreading her wings, was doing great and marvalous things, and, "Oh, you just missed Caylee, we had her over the weekend unexpectedly". Damn the luck.....will be sure to let you know the next time we have her, she's getting so big~!!

This is so sad but so true.:cry:

I know the Caylee buttons were worn in court by the A's (disgusting as far as I am concerned), but I would ask the clerks office if wearing anything other, such as tee shirts with "I am here for Caylee" would be allowed by HHJP. Some judges are picky about this. If the court does allow I would, but also realize it opens one up to questioning as someone else pointed out earlier. As most know here, I am not opposed to stating my opinions in public.

I respectfully disagree with most of this. Ca knew for several hours that the car smelled horrible.IMO Not an excited utterance at all in my opinion. I do not think it really matters because I believe the Judge will allow this call in no matter what.IMO That will only defer it to the jury though and put the burden on the state to prove that Ca really believed the car smelled like a dead body.IMO I do not know how they are going to do that though. If the defense is articulate enough, they will be able to get Ca's point across through questioning. IMO I think the state is only interested to show that Kc articulated this nanny story. IMO As far as I know, Kc has never changed from the Nanny has my child story.Imo I have heard variations given by others of some blanchard park theory or concept, but I don't know of Kc herself changing that story except through hearsay. IMO Even in the hearsay changed story, the Nanny still has the child. IMO Jb said that Kc has a compelling reason for her actions. We will have to wait til trial. IMO I am very interested to watch Ca on the stand. I do not believe it will be like the civil trial at all. I believe she will be very respectful and tearful. IMO

Ps: What would we expect? We intend to kill your daughter, may we ask you some questions mam? Thats a pretty tough question in my opinion.
Yes, Cindy did know about the smell in the car for hours, that's backed up by the depositions of her supervisor and co-workers, see the Gentiva thread. However, it didn't dawn on her until after she picked up Casey at Tony's apartment minus Caylee, that she still didn't know where Caylee was after 31 days.
I don't think the reason for the state introducing the 911 calls matters, but it clearly shows that Casey did concoct the nanny abduction story on the spot between the pressure of Cindy's questions to her and the 911 dispatcher's questions. I think there is written proof that Casey also concocted version #2 of the nanny abduction from Jay Blanchard Park.

I know the Caylee buttons were wore in court by the A's (disgusting as far as I am concerned), but I would ask the clerks office if wearing anything other, such as tee shirts with "I am here for Caylee" would be allowed by HHJP. Some judges are picky about this. If the court does allow I would, but also realize it opens one up to questioning as someone else pointed out earlier. As most know here, I am not opposed to stating my opinions in public.
If not, then you can still wear a Caylee picture button, it will get the message across that you're there for the victim, not to support her murderer.

If not, then you can still wear a Caylee picture button, it will get the message across that you're there for the victim, not to support her murderer.

Or, maybe just a plain T-Shirt with no writing.

But, a picture of a microscope and ........

IMO, the real value of the 911 tapes is that it allows the jury to hear how unemotional KC was when this all went down. CA's voice is stressed, strained, frantic, and tearful. The "smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" statement is a red herring. The gold is in KC's voice as she talks to the operator.

IMO, the real value of the 911 tapes is that it allows the jury to hear how unemotional KC was when this all went down. CA's voice is stressed, strained, frantic, and tearful. The "smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" statement is a red herring. The gold is in KC's voice as she talks to the operator.

Spot on, regarding KC's voice ~
She still DID NOT BELIEVE that her mother was actually on the phone with 911 or ANYONE of authority.

Once she was handed the phone, and the first question from the 911 operator drew an "excuse me" from Casey. {Damn, she REALLY DID call the police - b*tch, while all the while probably looking at her fingernails and flicking imaginary flackey polish off}

She then went into her spin cycle, business as usual, as she had always performed with her mother in the past.
No big deal ~ Things were never a big deal in Casey's eyes. Mom is gonna freak and yell and scream, stomp and maybe slam the doors, storm out and drive around for awhile.

But, Casey ran into a brick wall with the 911 operator, and the people that this phone call brought into their lives, IMO.
The 911 operator did not react the way her Mother always did.

BBM

I can tell ya how they'll do it. ;)

The only thing the State is going to HAVE to do is push 'play' on the tape recorder. CA's hysterical, fearful crying voice will speak for itself. As will Casey's non-affect, monotone voice.

I just speak from experience in my own life. That may come from being on the lower end of the income scale not sure. In my experience, police respond quicker when they are under pressure of some sort. It needs to be urgent and not some stolen car that happens to be in their own garage. I think she also said my daughter was missing and I just found her. These are not emergencies and no pressure to respond quickly. Now if you say your granddaughter is missing and it smells like there's been a dead body in the car, that will raise an eyebrow and get a response. Most people who have experienced any use of the police understand this. It must be urgent to get a quick response. This is nothing new to Ca. She knew this. all my opinion

Again...I say..".my grandchild has been kidnapped"...that is enough to get police out...heck...we just had a major "Adam Alert" just yesterday in our area for this very reason....to say you smell a dead body in your car as a ploy to get police out...is pretty darn specific and unusual and a little over the top....unless...it is TRUE!

I just speak from experience in my own life. That may come from being on the lower end of the income scale not sure. In my experience, police respond quicker when they are under pressure of some sort. It needs to be urgent and not some stolen car that happens to be in their own garage. I think she also said my daughter was missing and I just found her. These are not emergencies and no pressure to respond quickly. Now if you say your granddaughter is missing and it smells like there's been a dead body in the car, that will raise an eyebrow and get a response. Most people who have experienced any use of the police understand this. It must be urgent to get a quick response. This is nothing new to Ca. She knew this. all my opinion

That is specious and anecdotal. You have no way of knowing what "most people" experience when calling the police. I don't understand what this is all about but this comment is borderline offensive... The dispatcher didn't know the car was in her garage... and we know the car did in fact smell like a dead body because Lee, GA, the towtruck co. told police it did and human decomp was found in the trunk. Not pizza, human decomp. It was obviously an excited utterance you can hear the shakiness and panic in her voice and it just doesn't make sense to claim otherwise. As if a missing toddler isn't urgent?

So you think in Cindy's world she genuinely believed a stolen car would make the police come faster than if she reported a "kidnapped" child? I can't tell if you're serious but Cindy is obviously trying to rewrite history...

I agree. Calling 911 is not something you think about. It's something you just do because at that moment, there is something that is an emergency that needs police attention. I seriously doubt she sat there and thought about how to get them out faster. If she wanted them there faster, she should have just begged them to get there as fast as they could. In a situation like that, there is no time to think things out and then call 911, unless you are trying covering your tracks or provide yourself with an alibi. It would be stone cold for her sit there and think, "Hmmm, what will get them here faster? Oh, I know, I'll tell them about the smell in the car and that Caylee's missing! That will do it!"

She was still processing everything that was going on. You can tell it by her voice. No way did she think about what to say and then call 911. She is foolish to think that anyone is going to believe that. It only makes her look bad and Casey look worse that she's claiming this lie is true. And why wouldn't she get into serious trouble for saying things like that to get the police out there? It insinuates that what she said wasn't true and she was lying to get them to her house. Usually, people are arrested for lying to the police like that.

And sadly, it won't help anyway. The state wants these calls in for what they say about Casey, not anything to do with what Cindy did or didn't do.

I don't believe that Casey thought that her mother was REALLY on the phone to the law when they were in the car ~

Cindy probably threatened Casey all the time with calling the police on her for one thing or another, and, she never followed through with it.

When Casey told Cindy that Caylee had been "kidnapped", and had been gone for a month, she probably figured that she could talk her mother out of calling the police, and, to go into "cohoots" with her and let her join the private investigation that she claims she had been doing for a month ~
And, Cindy is just as twisted and devious as her daughter, and, she probably thought that she COULD have managed the job.

But, with Lee showing up, it put a twist in their skirts and put them both on the spot to do something ~ IMO.

I have long maintained that had the police never been called, that Caylee would have "gone to summer with her new-found grandparents for bonding", and come fall, it would have extended, and that would have been the end of it.
Cindy would tell all that Casey was enrolled in college, was spreading her wings, was doing great and marvalous things, and, "Oh, you just missed Caylee, we had her over the weekend unexpectedly". Damn the luck.....will be sure to let you know the next time we have her, she's getting so big~!!

She changed the story completely in her rule-violating letter to muffin or cookie or whichever one she wrote to. Lee and Leonard P. substantiated that she changed her story to the J Blanchard park kidnapping nonsense story as well.

I know - ICA was just so bored with the whole thing. It was an inconvenience to her and probably the first time she was asked and kinda had to answer unpleasant question. It was just "well I went through other means, which was stupid" like can I go now??

Why would Kc be emotional? She already knew all this information.IMO She is the one who kept her head during all of this.IMO Someone had to be calm and explain to the police what happened.IMO Ca was in no condition to make any sense at that point. IMO The fact that Kc was not emotional may help her. IMO Many children lie to their parents because their parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO It is my opinion that Ca harbored these lies throughout the years and actually supported them. IMO This was always her easy way out. IMO Kc simply followed protocol and continued to lie to her parents to keep them happy. IMO Once Kc gave Ca the cold hard facts that Caylee was missing, Ca lost it, furthermore proving my point that the parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO Kc grew up in this vortex of circular lies and rules. IMO Kc was never allowed to tell the truth or be herself. IMO, it is no wonder she was looking to move out. IMO At that point on that phone call, Kc had to step out of the family unit and be calm and talk to the 911 operator in a calm manner. IMO This is nothing new in my opinion. Families live these lies all the time. Kc has a personal family counselor type of person that has interviewed her family members. IMO Kc was still a child living in that home (the home of the lies) (the only way to survive is to lie), she had never left home... IMO I am so glad that my parents supported my independence and let me be who I wanted to be and not some lie that they wished me to be. La was able to get out, being single and no children.IMO Lucky him. IMO Once Kc had a baby she was trapped in Ga and Ca life of lies. That is a route to her compelling reasons for her actions, but not motive for murder of her child. IMO This phone call may be crucial in proving to the jury that Kc was not living under ideal conditions. IMO The 64000 dollar question is, does Kc really know in her heart what is right and what is wrong? after growing up and living in this vaccum of lies. IMO So yes, I believe you are right, the gold is in Kc's voice on the phone call. IMO

Why would Kc be emotional? She already knew all this information.IMO She is the one who kept her head during all of this.IMO Someone had to be calm and explain to the police what happened.IMO Ca was in no condition to make any sense at that point. IMO The fact that Kc was not emotional may help her. IMO Many children lie to their parents because their parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO It is my opinion that Ca harbored these lies throughout the years and actually supported them. IMO This was always her easy way out. IMO Kc simply followed protocol and continued to lie to her parents to keep them happy. IMO Once Kc gave Ca the cold hard facts that Caylee was missing, Ca lost it, furthermore proving my point that the parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO Kc grew up in this vortex of circular lies and rules. IMO Kc was never allowed to tell the truth or be herself. IMO, it is no wonder she was looking to move out. IMO At that point on that phone call, Kc had to step out of the family unit and be calm and talk to the 911 operator in a calm manner. IMO This is nothing new in my opinion. Families live these lies all the time. Kc has a personal family counselor type of person that has interviewed her family members. IMO Kc was still a child living in that home (the home of the lies) (the only way to survive is to lie), she had never left home... IMO I am so glad that my parents supported my independence and let me be who I wanted to be and not some lie that they wished me to be. La was able to get out, being single and no children.IMO Lucky him. IMO Once Kc had a baby she was trapped in Ga and Ca life of lies. That is a route to her compelling reasons for her actions, but not motive for murder of her child. IMO This phone call may be crucial in proving to the jury that Kc was not living under ideal conditions. IMO The 64000 dollar question is, does Kc really know in her heart what is right and what is wrong? after growing up and living in this vaccum of lies. IMO So yes, I believe you are right, the gold is in Kc's voice on the phone call. IMO

notthat...you know, I often agree with you on many points..for example, I, like you, believe that KC was neglected and abused. Your post here is very hard to read with all the IMO's in every single sentence. I do agree that KC's home environment was AWFUL and she has become who she is due to emotional abuse and likely sexual and physical abuse. I totally disagree that the cold manner she had during the 911 call will help her. On the contrary, that cold tone in both that call and her call home indicates a true complete lack of concern for Caylee. Indeed in the call to home there is apparent contempt for Caylee. Most people will not have a scintilla of sympathy for KC even though you and I understand her better than most. I do feel sorry for KC--but a tiny child like Caylee trumps a 23 year old "victim" every time. What the calm demeanor tells us is that KC was on auto pilot. When a child is missing there needs to be appropriate response. KC is very ill "IMO" and maybe Andrea Lyon and her batch were/are going to proffer the reasons behind her inappropriate response. I hope so..because it would be good for everyone to understand how KC became so detached and inhuman. I hope the truth comes out.

Bottom line...a 21 year old adult knows that being responsible for your child's death and lieing about it is wrong. I had a very socially dysfunctional family and I've never had to call LE about the smell of a decomposing body in my car...
MOO

She had to be calm to talk to the 911 operator? This wasn't a missing shoe. It was a missing CHILD. If my child was missing, the LAST THING I would be is calm so I could talk the 911 operator. And she wasn't calm. She was irritated, exasperated that she had to talk to 911 operator about something that didn't merit concern from her. She just wanted to someone else to handle the situation. I cannot see how anyone on the jury is going to be okay with her demeanor. It is not going to help her in any way. The jury is not going to think, "Hmm, she must be abused, poor thing, no wonder she's so calm." They're going to be thinking "Why the HELL is she not more upset about her own child missing? How the HELL can she be so calm on those 911 tapes?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong