GUILTY NJ - April Kauffman, 47, Linwood, 10 May 2012

I would think time of death could rule him in or out!

I think LE already knows who did this. They're just getting their ducks in a row before making an arrest.

JMO

My gut say it's her husband. I've had the feeling from the very beginning, when he was reported as saying when he left her that morning, she had a pillow over her head. I just think that is a bizarre thing to say.

I agree. It's a totally bizarre thing to say: ... when I left her that morning, she had a pillow over her head. ... Why even mention the pillow? What purpose does it serve? Unless, as time passes, we will learn she was shot in the face ... kwim? Then hubby could say, well she had a pillow over her head and I never saw the blood. But wouldn't he have heard the gunshots?

Was "sleeping with a pillow over her head" her normal sleeping pose? Oh, that's right, we'd have to ask Dr. Kauffman that and right now I'm not feeling he has much credibility.

His remark about his being with April soon seemed rather, how shall I put this?, preplanned or contrived. It was a veiled threat of suicide, yet he has since retained a lawyer, so it seems he plans to continue living right here on Earth. Not goin' anywhere. (Sorry, but we NJ-er's are big on sarcasm--heard our Gov. Christie speak lately?)

P.S. And the "Why now?" comment is plain ol' mind-boggling. There is never a "right" time for murder. Either the good doctor is socially or verbally inept, or he has a lot to answer for. IMHO, JMHO, and so on.

An article on the husband's hiring of an attorney:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/151650005.html

Within the article is a large picture of the husband outside of the crime scene. I understand the concept of being in "shock"--really I do--but I see no tears or for that matter horror at learning of the death of his wife. Just sayin'. Makes for an odd reaction. JMO

Wow nothing at all about this case!

Wonder whats going on?

I would think time of death could rule him in or out!

Oh I am sure he has an alibi. I always just assumed he hired someone to do the job, it the police can't find the person he hired that could explain the delay.

Ok so what is happening here with this case!
I look in the Atlantic city press three times a day and there is nothing!

No arrests!
No POI!
What gives here?

Why the silence!

Seems they are not looking for anyone, so my guess is they have their perp and are waiting on evidence!

Anyone out there have any info or updates on this!

Oh I am sure he has an alibi. I always just assumed he hired someone to do the job, it the police can't find the person he hired that could explain the delay.

I think he shot her himself then went to work. My guess is LE is getting all the evidence together and he will be arrested when they have a good case.

I think he shot her himself then went to work. My guess is LE is getting all the evidence together and he will be arrested when they have a good case.

I think he did also!

Still Nothing?
What is going on?

I was told they have an open door policy that ppl came and went from the home but I cant understand them not locking the doors at night!

Sad sounds as if she had some paranoia going on. None of the calls were about them it was all about cars in their neighborhood adn such...

Wonder who did this.
The caretaker? Why did he not notice she was shot multiple times?

Ok, so they got a 911 tape where the yard guy says she's "cut" maybe he couldn't see we was shot multiple times? But the news only got that through the FOI act.
Husband - Won't Speak
Prosecutors Office - Won't Speak
Guy who made the call - Won't Speak
They asked ALL THREE....
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/911-Call-From-Man-Who-Found-Body-of-Radio-Host-Released--157058035.html

What gives? Did somebody get payed off, will her death be swept under the rug?

I think it might be the guy that found her,,, the caretaker!
He says she had a cut on her arm but HELLO she was shot multiple times!
Something is off!

I think the cut to the arm was another incident at another time. Also during the cut arm incident the husband was there and she was semi-conscious. I think the last time she was found she had several gunshot wounds and was deceased, not semi-conscious.

I think the cut to the arm was another incident at another time. Also during the cut arm incident the husband was there and she was semi-conscious. I think the last time she was found she had several gunshot wounds and was deceased, not semi-conscious.

No colette it was this time!
Dr Kauffman calle dhim becaue he couldnt reach is wife all morning and he has a key. the caretaker said she had a cut on her arm, It s all very strange,
there had been issues before with this man i was told...30 calls to LE is strange also.

At first i thought DR. K did it but not now!

Oh Eileen you are right about the cut on the arm being this 911 call. That is weird. In the NBC link above says this:
"Investigators say she suffered from multiple gunshot wounds and may have been murdered up to 12 hours before her body was discovered."

She couldn't have been conscious if she was dead for 12 hours, also the husband would have to have heard mulitiple gunshots or be the shooter if that was true. Then on the Alantic city link it says she was semi-conscious and her husband was there at around 11 am with her caretaker...confusing.

Oh Eileen you are right about the cut on the arm being this 911 call. That is weird. In the NBC link above says this:
"Investigators say she suffered from multiple gunshot wounds and may have been murdered up to 12 hours before her body was discovered."

She couldn't have been conscious if she was dead for 12 hours, also the husband would have to have heard mulitiple gunshots or be the shooter if that was true. Then on the Alantic city link it says she was semi-conscious and her husband was there at around 11 am with her caretaker...confusing.

It make no sense at all does it?

I remember them saying Dr.K left for work and she had a pillow over her head.
How could she be dead for 12 hrs she was talking to the guy from the veterans ORG... till what 2 am...

I wish they would find out what happend!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back