***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's written on her FB page by the owner of the page..."Let's hope she gets set free on this independence day!". Is she being held in captivity? Sex slave human trafficking ring ordeal? That's how I take it...

yes, in the last interview of Nancy, Mickey's mother, she said something like Mickey will come home when she breaks away from whomever is holding her or when they release her. so that got me thinking about a ransom sort of thing. but ACI said most likely not and gave reasons but i don't remember all of them

I am sure they have no idea...but the only one they can cling to is that Mickey is being help hostage.

that would be the my least likely hope if my daughter went missing. goodness, if she's being held, awful things are most likely happening, and i just couldn't go there. i would prefer to think that she was quickly killed and is now in Heaven. of course, i wouldn't hope for that especially in the beginning, but after this much time, i'd HAVE to think that she were in Heaven rather than being held.

i guess you never know WHAT you think until you are in that situation. so so so so sad

It's written on her FB page by the owner of the page..."Let's hope she gets set free on this independence day!". Is she being held in captivity? Sex slave human trafficking ring ordeal? That's how I take it...

IMO that's been their thought/hope from the start. They have made statements about an 'accident being an accident', and just 'take Mickey to a safe place and let her go'. I can only imagine that their hearts won't let them think that she is not still alive and with the abductor. Certainly LE hasn't given the public any idea as to what they are thinking now. Let's hope that the family does have more information about their theory.

that would be the my least likely hope if my daughter went missing. goodness, if she's being held, awful things are most likely happening, and i just couldn't go there. i would prefer to think that she was quickly killed and is now in Heaven. of course, i wouldn't hope for that especially in the beginning, but after this much time, i'd HAVE to think that she were in Heaven rather than being held.

i guess you never know WHAT you think until you are in that situation. so so so so sad

Many parents who have had children missing for years, even decades, still cling to this belief, that they are being held and might still return. I agree, I think it would be almost worse, but again, if it is the only way they might come back alive, they might have to think this. IMO, it very seldom happens (people being held captive) and almost never with adults like Mickey. Ransom cases are probably even more rare, especially nowadays with so many endless ways to track a person, how on earth would the money be paid?

I find a ransom situation hard to believe at this time for a couple of reasons.

1. IMO I don't think LE would of had TES come in and utilize their resources for 8 days. Some may state that they would allow them to come in for appearances sake. Even if that were the case I would doubt that it would be 8 days.

2. Not only did TES come in but so did a Special K9 unit.

3. It has also been stated that special equipment has been brought in to search the water ways and various bodies of water etc.

I don't believe this is a ransom situation.

I find a ransom situation hard to believe at this time for a couple of reasons.

1. IMO I don't think LE would of had TES come in and utilize their resources for 8 days. Some may state that they would allow them to come in for appearances sake. Even if that were the case I would doubt that it would be 8 days.

2. Not only did TES come in but so did a Special K9 unit.

3. It has also been stated that special equipment has been brought in to search the water ways and various bodies of water etc.

I don't believe this is a ransom situation.

Statements made by the family and the actions of LE make it clear that their theories are not aligned.

Anybody think that the white truck has a logo on the front passenger side door?

Statements made by the family and the actions of LE make it clear that their theories are not aligned.

agreed, which is why i don't understand the silence and why an additional investigator was not accepted with open arms.

i kind of feel like they went into the investigation with their defenses up. i am NOT sleuthing the family, not saying they have something to hide. but i get the impression that they don't want people talking about their daughter like it's their business. i don't get that impression from Charlie, but that's what i get from Nancy.

speaking of Nancy's, do you think Nancy Grace would do a show on Mickey again? I emailed her show about 2 weeks ago to request it since it's gone so silent. I haven't received a response. I wonder if the family would do another Nancy Grace? Is it possible that mentally they just can't handle anymore interviews or press conferences so they are declining them?

Automatic time-out for mentioning NC...just a forewarning :) It's on the first page of this thread I do believe!

Please read post #2. We are NOT discussing the man from NC from this point on unless we have good reason to go there. Any future discussion of PS, the man from NC will result in timeouts.

We also do not allow the discussion of psychics on Websleuths.

just reposting

That's odd to me, b/c I've never been cut off from buying at 2am. It might be a law, but I didn't know it was really enforced...?
Your comment is interesting. I've been around these parts for years and I remember MANY occasions our group was still "in the party mood" and were not able to find any business establishment that ever gave into our whims/needs lol. If we miscalculated our alcohol "needs"...basically, we were SOL!!! Maybe times have changed but I truly wonder how desperate any Lafayette business is for business that they would take the risk associated with selling "after hours" not to mention to minors??

That said ... I've seen NOTHING associated with MS's case that leads me to believe alcohol consumption played any role in her abduction. Perhaps her abductor(s) was hyped up on alcohol at the time but, my experience with alcohol is that it basically would put the "imbiber" at a disadvantage. Alcohol makes people stupid ... not smart enough to pull off a crime and leave NO clues behind.

Not jumping on you ... just jumping off your post.

The family being silent and not wanting help from anyone except the investigator they chose says something. Either they have something to hide or I don't know what in the world they are thinking!

In the Isabel Celis case, people questioned the parents not speaking out every chance they got and even though the victim is older in this case, it is the same thing to me.

Your comment is interesting. I've been around these parts for years and I remember MANY occasions our group was still "in the party mood" and were not able to find any business establishment that ever gave into our whims/needs lol. If we miscalculated our alcohol "needs"...basically, we were SOL!!! Maybe times have changed but I truly wonder how desperate any Lafayette business is for business that they would take the risk associated with selling "after hours" not to mention to minors??

That said ... I've seen NOTHING associated with MS's case that leads me to believe alcohol consumption played any role in her abduction. Perhaps her abductor(s) was hyped up on alcohol at the time but, my experience with alcohol is that it basically would put the "imbiber" at a disadvantage. Alcohol makes people stupid ... not smart enough to pull off a crime and leave NO clues behind.

Not jumping on you ... just jumping off your post.

I thought you could buy alcohol 24/7 in Louisiana? If not, when did that change? I know of many people who would go across the border to buy alcohol in the wee hours of the morning and get in an accident and kill themselves or someone else. Even more so when the legal drinking age in LA was 18.

ACI has already pulled up with LA DMV all white trucks with the very specific description. IIRC there were only 3 registered in Lafayette parish. :waitasec: When ACI contacted the owners, not one had been contacted for questioning by LE or the family's PI. :what:
That fact alone I found AMAZING!!! I'm wondering if ACI was ever able to gain access to ULL's "registered vehicle records" though. I think he was going to look into that. I think it was definitely worth looking into. All the students at ULL are NOT locals so....

I thought you could buy alcohol 24/7 in Louisiana? If not, when did that change? I know of many people who would go across the border to buy alcohol in the wee hours of the morning and get in an accident and kill themselves or someone else. Even more so when the legal drinking age in LA was 18.

You can buy alcohol 24/7 in New Orleans, not in Baton Rouge. Don't know about other cities, but each has their own laws on this.

The family being silent and not wanting help from anyone except the investigator they chose says something. Either they have something to hide or I don't know what in the world they are thinking!

In the Isabel Celis case, people questioned the parents not speaking out every chance they got and even though the victim is older in this case, it is the same thing to me.

Yeah, I'll be honest and say it seems like a double standard when you compare the reactions to the Shunicks not speaking out, compared to the Celis family. With the Shunicks, people will defend them not talking to the media (it has to be weeks, right?) because they are too distraught. But with Rebecca and Sergio, I've seen so many posts that they say aren't talking because they don't want the media to start asking questions.

You can buy alcohol 24/7 in New Orleans, not in Baton Rouge. Don't know about other cities, but each has their own laws on this.

That must have been changed fairly recently because the only laws I can find say that all grocery, convenience, and package stores can sell 24/7 and no local municipality has the power to restrict it.

I always thought LA's alcohol laws were ridiculous. I don't think you should be able to buy hard liquor at Wal-Mart.

Mmmm - I've never seen it NOT enforced at anywhere not a bar. Not one time.

Maybe your watch needs some repair?? lol

:innocent:

So if I need to buy a 6-pack of beer after 2 a.m. in Lafayette, where do I go?

No joke lol. Let those of us know that miscalculate alcohol consumption on any given night where we can go just in case ...we run out/low LOL. We have some of the younger crowd that, for some reason, are "partying" around us and as far as I know ... ain't not a ONE of them know where they can "score" alcohol "after hours". The ones I'm around (which is sick) most DEFINITELY "cover those details" prior to gettin the party started LOL. Ain't no way in hell they wanna be "caught" without enough hooch!!! It's just a fact.

That fact alone I found AMAZING!!! I'm wondering if ACI was ever able to gain access to ULL's "registered vehicle records" though. I think he was going to look into that. I think it was definitely worth looking into. All the students at ULL are NOT locals so....

Not speaking for ACI, but he was asked to cease and desist by the family. He complied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member