Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to trace Gatorade bottle. When mfg., and where distributed?

IIRC, didn't we read way, way back that chloroform is/was used at the tattoo parlour?

Now this is bugging me... could be another link in the chain.

here's the post that I recall... I haven't been able to find anything to verify whether its a cleaning solution used by tattoo artists???

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2990563&postcount=257"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Tattoo[/ame]

Edit: Thoughtelf, saw you found this after I posted... your too fast :)

Any way to trace Gatorade bottle. When mfg., and where distributed?

Short answer...Yes.

But it will normally take some time.

It could be traced back to the particular bottling plant. Then have to find which lot number/manufacture date got shipped when and to where(distribution plant) . Than to a local distributor/wholesaler and then to a particular store. Hope that makes sense.

aha, that supports one of theories another poster said that possibly casey thought she was "cleaning up" decomp with chloroform. hmmm

Murder is a State case.

Thank goodness, I thought you were drinking the Casey kool-aide thinking this was an accident. You have to start this video at the two minute mark, but in it someone who can speak with authority explains .[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pizg4Ev7rQ"]YouTube- Geraldo 12/13/08 Part 5[/ame]

Well, I have to admit that I thought the Gatorade bottle would turn out to be nothing but trash thrown away by someone walking through the area. However, it seems this is not so. Now I am wondering about the frozen snake they collected. I wonder if it holds a small part of the puzzle as well?

Thanks...I thought I missed something...though come to think of it, I did see something about the Dora backpack

Google search turns up Dora backpack being a rumor.
I would think we would have seen a photo by now if there was a backpack found at the remains site. Just keepin it honest here, no biggie.

If the bottle/syringe was planted there later (shower day July 1) by Casey to frame Jesse, the Disney bag may make sense. She would likely be able to walk in a bit and recognize where Caylee was in the woods... she of course tosses the disney bag as close to her as possible...hoping if the body is found, so will the evidence in the bag with latents and dna and Chloroform of the true killer.... Remember Cindy claims Jesse has a key to Casey's car...and used the computer in the home..(remember Cindy says she caught him?) So this is all 3 locations of Chloroform covered. She may have mentioned the computer only to show he may have used it in the past also.

I'm working on a theory...

• KC didn't make the chloroform - too hard & too lazy.
  • One place she could have gotten it was the Tattoo shop. While chloroform is a banned substance in cleaning supplies, a quick Google search shows that it is used in tat shops
  • Quick forum search and this was validated by a tat shop worker who posted here
  • Ok - KC visited the tattoo parlour the week before she got the tattoo, didn't she? (It sounds as if she would drop in there fairly often - have to refresh my brain)
  • Anyway, while researching chloroform online she notes use by tattoo artists OR she happens to see her buddy cleaning his equipment with it during a visit to the parlour
  • Next visit brings a gatorade bottle with her --> Bathroom is likely near back of shop, where cleaning supplies are usually kept - inc. chloroform --> 'scuse please, I have to pee
  • Swipes bottle of chloroform and tosses in backpack, or pours some in juice-bottle while in bathroom
  • puts it in the trunk when she leaves
  • as she is fiddling with it in the process of murdering Caylee, she spills some in the trunk. Perhaps be pouring from stolen bottle into smaller Gatorade bottle, or dousing the cloth (Mama Doll's clothes?) Many scenarios here - regardless she spilled some or it leaked.
  • > CA got rid of the bigger bottle when she was cleaning out the trunk, in my little theory, btw... just sayin' <
  • I still haven't seen anything definitive in regards to the amount of chloroform that was actually registering in the syringe, so I'm still on the fence about that (could be chloroform from the testing 'postive control solution' from what I am reading in the reports & results print-outs - won't know until someone figures out the amount registered)
  • So at this point syringe is only part of this theory in that KC shoved the syringe in the bottle - perhaps she injected Caylee with testosterone and used Mama Doll's clothing to apply the chloroform, perhaps it was just an artifact lieing in her trunk from when she stole Tony's garbage. Lots of possibilities
Bottom-line - she might have stolen chloroform, quite possibly from the tattoo shop, and she spilled or it leaked in the trunk.

Thoughts?

TLTS (too lazy to snip) -

Just kidding - this is a great idea. I also think that the amount of chloroform will be critical. Hadn't we also decided that all those ingredients could be in car-cleaning solvent too? If that is the case, there may have just been a Gatorade bottle lying around (or with testosterone backwash from one of her friends) - even already in her car.

Here's a variation on that theme: KC gets ready to leave the house and puts cleaning solution GA had for the cars in the bottle (already with testosterone in it). She gets a needle from the bathroom (if testosterone from saliva is already in the bottle we don't need to explain that), and on the way out grabs the steak knife from the drawer and the duct tape in the garage.

She may have tried to make her drink it in her car seat and Caylee wouldn't have any of it (hence the mess with mamadoll and the car seat cover), so KC duct tapes her face and uses the needle to inject the fluid through the duct tape into her throat. Puts a heart sticker over the injection site.

It's also possible she already had the duct tape and knife in her car as well as the needle. (Although it makes me wonder why CA was so insistent that some of her friends were hooked on injectible-type drugs - maybe they knew about this long before we did and were trying yet again to frame somebody else.)

Chloroform on its own is so volatile - and why would she mix it with anything else? Especially cleaning fluid (unless she knew from googling that it is present in other substances like the tattoo cleanup solution). I am anxious to see what all our chemists out here think the mixture could be and why.

If that is the case, we all know Caylee died a much more horrible death than we may have previously imagined. So I am hoping that the closed Gatorade bottle also protected fingerprints on the syringe and that they are hers. (Here's a creepy thought - do you think the spiteful little b would have gotten a needle from a friend and planted the bottle afterward? You know who I'm thinking about - somebody whose bathroom she visited afterward - either RM or JG).

Well, I don't think she will have much luck with trying to throw somebody under the bus if the chemicals in Caylee's hair are what we think. That shows long-term medication.

If the bottle/syringe was planted there later (shower day July 1) by Casey to frame Jesse, the Disney bag may make sense. She would likely be able to walk in a bit and recognize where Caylee was in the woods... she of course tosses the disney bag as close to her as possible...hoping if the body is found, so will the evidence in the bag with latents and dna and Chloroform of the true killer.... Remember Cindy claims Jesse has a key to Casey's car...and used the computer in the home..(remember Cindy says she caught him?) So this is all 3 locations of Chloroform covered. She may have mentioned the computer only to show he may have used it in the past also.

Oh jeepers - we are sharing a brain, lol!

Regarding an alleged daisy chain, I haven't read that the same chemical mixture (and the same testoterone) found in the syringe was also found in the trunk of Casey's car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-P2NEQz17s"]YouTube- ANGRY AT CASEY ANTHONY:::TIM MILLER PART 2[/ame]

Casey may have just poured some in the trunk thinking it would take the smell away and all evidence

I still hold on to an idea that it may have been carpet cleaning solvents after Les 'Rents cleaned the car - that trunk was too spotless to be believed.

Oh jeepers - we are sharing a brain, lol!
Haha. Also I think Casey thought the body would be found very soon, given that it was ontop the ground right near her house. So she plotted quickly to frame Jesse and showered there on 7/1 to do it.

Another possible twist.. what if Casey while out on bail told Cindy.. and that is why DC was there trying to find the body? Cindy knew the bag would be found too. I think Cindy knew where the body was for some time.

I still hold on to an idea that it may have been carpet cleaning solvents after Les 'Rents cleaned the car - that trunk was too spotless to be believed.
Wondering about those shop vacs/cleaners being tested..

But, why sanitize it, if the goal is to kill her?

But what if the goal wasn't to kill her, only to knock her out for a few hours, but something went wrong, resulting in death?

I think the GAS (Gator Ade/Syringe) in this case has a bad smell to it (like the rotting bag of garbage in the trunk). I think it is simply fodder for the media. The trace evidence for chloroform is measured in parts per trillion. If one part per trillion is normal, then 5 parts per trillion could be considered a high level by the media. More fodder for the media, high levels of chloroform found in the gatorade bottle, the syringe, and in the trunk. I do not think LE will pursue this GAS. I do not think LE will pursue Chloroform as a cause of death. I do think LE will try to use the traces of Chloroform found in the trunk to help trying to prove Caylee was actually in the trunk. I also think the bag of rotting garbage will make this harder to prove. Again though, I think the GAS in this case stinks. Just my opinion.

It's but a 'murder' charge.

On a sidenote, here is Nancy Grace's lead-in last night. "Tonight, we learn found at the crime scene, along with little Caylee`s remains, syringes loaded with chloroform, the super-powerful knock-out drug, the same drug found in tot mom`s car trunk. With the deadly syringes, a Gatorade bottle also loaded with chloroform, the bombshell suggesting tot mom cooked up homemade chloroform, carried it in the Gatorade bottle, then injecting it directly into her 2-year-old girl`s body, bound with duct tape."

LE didn't find a single syringe. LE found syringes.

The lab didn't find traces of chloroform. The lab said the syringes were 'loaded' with chloroform.

LE didn't find duct tape only on Caylee's face. LE found that Caylee's body was 'bound' with duct tape.

(This, ladies and gentlemen, shows how jury pools get poisoned, knowingly.)

Well then, sir, your beef is with the press for inaccurate reporting as well as the defense for fighting the gag order. And, in regards to poisoned pools, I see nothing has been said for the un-circumspect and rather flamboyant claims the defense team has made on any national TV show that would have them. What defense attorney leaves the gate with a "PR" and media person like TB?? What "grieving grandparents" hire a criminal attorney soon after to ostensibly "handle the media"?

The stumbling block for me is that all the articles I read say you can't store Chloroform in plastic.. It doesn't say what will happen to the plastic..but the Gatorade bottle was still holding the liquid.
From what I've read, the chloroform will react with the plastic. It is my opinion the reason the traces of chloroform lasted in the syringe was because there were traces of ethanol in the syringe and also it was enclosed in a dark bag and not exposed to radiation (sunlight). According to what I've read, ethanol stabilizes chloroform and lengthens shelf life. It is supposed to be stored in a dark glass bottle if one is planning on storing it.

In the beginning when drowning was my theory (pool shock+urine=Chloroform) was ruled out by the experts to be too high in the trunk for this type of production, I decided that the Chloroform was a fluke and probably related to cleaning products also. But the the Chloroform search and now the Chloroform/syringe at the dumpsite has me retracting that thought. How can Chlororform be a triple coincidence? Even if it was a commonly occuring substance..which Chloroform is not, I would still be a bit suspicious of the links.

I think the idea that Casey took some chloroform from the tattoo shop is plausible... - pouring some into a gaterade bottle. I wonder if they could trace the choroform back to something sold commercially to tatto shops

I also think she could have stolen a needle/syringe from someone - I wonder if any of her friends or bf's did any body building... Do we know anything about the type of testosterone found in the syringe?

I also wonder if there is any DNA evidence on the bottle, syringe or bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail