100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
90)When you injured yourself at Casa Ramos rotating the glasses, did your supervisor have you fill out any forms to document the injury for worker's compensation purposes?
A: No, this was a small business operation, they didn't have formalities like forms, that kind of thing, just what was minimally required as far as being a legally documented worker. It was less formal, this wasn't a corporate kind of setting where those kind of formalities were done.

91)Who was the main factor in your decision to move from Big Sur/Palm Desert to Mesa. Travis or Rachel?
A: It was Travis, ultimately

92) You testified that you thought you heard his footsteps. If you weren't sure, why didn't you just run downstairs and out the door?
A: It was all a split second decision, but like I said when I got toward the carpet area, that's where he caught my wrist before when I began running down that hallway on a previous occasion and so here I am running away from him down the hallway again. On the previous occasion my intention was to run out of the room and I didn't make it out of the room. So this time rather than try to this time open a door and run out of the room, this closet door was open and I knew there was another exit so I just ran into that as quickly as I could.

93) Why would you take the time to delete the photos off the camera after you killed Travis?
A: That would go with all the other things that I did that day. When things happened, I don't have memory of it, specific memory of it at all. But I mean I could
M: Objection
J: Sustained

94) You stated you remember dropping the knife and hearing it hit the tile. What happened to the knife after that?
A: I don't recall what specifically happened after that I just know it didn't go with me in the car
M: Objection, speculation
J: Sustained

95) If your phone had died while at Travis', why not use a wall charger so you would have it charged before you got on the road?
A: That was a thought of mine, but Travis did not have a wall charger that had a plug that fit my type of phone so I was not able to charge it there.

96) In your email to Travis after June 4 of 2008, you told him you would sleep in his bed while he was in Cancun. Did you ever stay over night without him there?
A: Yes, when I was pet-sitting Napoleon, I did that.

97) How is it that you were so calm on the television interviews?
A: I wanted to, I tried very hard to present the best image I could and I had had a lot of prior experiences, experience of pretending that everything was okay when it wasn't. That everything on the surface was okay, when really it wasn't. I was accustomed to that and also I wanted to portray that, that I'm confident and I'm okay, I can do this. No worries. That's what I really wanted to get across at that time. And then I wanted to kill myself so that I would never have to own up to it.

98) You stated in the 48 hours interview that Travis' family deserved to know the truth. If you really believed that why didn't you confess then?
A: That was not entirely true in that I didn't want them to know certain truths and again I said that because it's a derivative of my attempt to deny that I had anything to do with it.

99) if Travis wanted the phone sex conversations recorded why didn't he record them?*
A: His phone did not have that capability, neither did mine until I bought the Helio, or Gus bought me the Helio. I discovered that feature and we joked back and forth about it and then I began to record them when we decided we would do that, his phone didn't have recording capability.

100)If you didn't want to be tied up to a tree, why would you go up and look for a place where he could do that?
A: It wasn't being tied to the tree that I was looking for, we were looking for a place, out in the woods, nature to somehow carry out this Little Red Riding Hood fantasy and my understanding of that is that it would involve sex, but he had many other ideas, as you heard on the tape, it didn't necessarily mean that I was going to go for all those. I was kind of pushing my own limits anyway by going out to the woods to find a spot and that was the focus for that fantasy, but not necessarily getting tied to a tree.

101) If you dropped the camera on the bathmat, how is it that it rolled all the way in front of the bathtub.
A: On the diagram it looks very far, but it's really a distance of this. You have the shower, there's a very thin wall and then the bathtub begins here. So wherever I was standing here it didn't have to roll. It just bounced off the mat, it's not way down by the bathroom area, but it's right near the bathtub at that point. There's only a difference of about this much between the shower and the bathtub.

102) On the phone sex tape when Travis was talking about photos and taking video. Was that all part of his fantasy?
A: Taking photo and video, yes that was a fantasy that he hoped to realize.

103) Did you ever voice any concern to Travis about being uncomfortable with some of his sexual fantasies?
A: Yes, there was one fantasy that he wanted to do which was pulling off the side of a freeway exit and having sex on the hood of a car. And I told him that that would be impossible. I couldn't even think of an exit in rural northern California where that would be accomplished and nobody would see us. So that and I was a little uncomfortable with the mile-high that he wanted to do because the flight attendants tent to monitor who's going and coming from the bathroom and they don't allow two people at once. So it's just those two that I recall.

104) Why didn't you call Ryan and tell him you were going to Arizona when you decided you were going to Arizona?
A: I guess I didn't want Ryan to know that I still had the interest that I had in Travis. Just like I didn't want Travis to know that, but for different reasons that I was interested in Ryan. I felt like how would it sound if I called up this guy that I'm gonna go to meet, hey I'm gonna hang out with my ex-boyfriend for a little while, sorry, you know, I didn't feel comfortable, or like that was something that I would have done is say let him know that I'm gonna go hang out with my ex and then I'll swing by and meet you or something. It was a bad decision, but I've made of bad decisions when it came to Travis.

105) You have testified to many different occasions where you preformed sexual favors with Travis to keep him pleased and happy. Are you saying that you never got pleasure from sex with Travis?
A: Definitely not, I did. Many occasions he was very romantic, very loving, I guess you could say attentive and he cared about my pleasure as well, not always, um, but there were times when he was, when we were very compatible in that regard

106)Why would you continue to carry your journals around with you if it was possible others, including Travis, might find them and read them?
A: To my knowledge no one else read my journals and then once I discovered Travis had, I was a little more guarded about it, but I kept my journal inside my purse and my purse zipped up and I nobody really went through my purse, so I considered it safe in my purse because nobody got into my purse except me typically.

107)Why were the Laws of Attraction so important to follow but the Law of Chastity was not?
A: I believed that I was following the Law of Chastity for a long time. I realize now that I was not. The Law of Attraction was also a huge philosophy of mine. It was, it was my second religion pretty much. Also, with the Law of Chastity and what it prohibits, there is a great deal of temptation and even though we eventually did begin to, at least as I understood it, openly violate the law of chastity, it was kind of like, I don't know, it's hard to describe. I think it was temptation, it was weakness, it was not that I didn't believe in the Law of Chastity, but when it came to Travis, that was more important.

108) Do the Laws of Attraction also apply to recording phone sex conversations?
A: the Law of Attraction, I guess it could be construed that way in that when we were doing those things I got positive, I had positive interaction with Travis, he wasn't angry, he was complementary, he was saying things that were in a complementary way, he would be nice to me, so it was the attention that I craved and the Law of Attraction does state that you focus more on the qualities of the person that you like and don't focus on the things you don't like. So when were doing those things we were both focused on each other, maybe not in a spiritually positive way, but in a way that made me feel good and him as well.

109) You stated there were times that Travis made you tear out pages of negative things that you said about him. Right before that you said you wouldn't right negative things about Travis in your journal. Which is correct?
A: They're both correct. The entry that he made me tear out was very detailed and a lot more, I was quoting him directly on a couple things he said, um, and when he discovered those he made me and my feelings so I used to right things to purge. When he admonished me and reminded me of The Secret, um, at that point I wrote less specific things. Sometimes I would just write about my emotions and sometimes those were negative but writing about suicidal thoughts for example helped me process it and getting it down on paper helped it get out of me I felt like. So when it came to Travis I would be less specific. Like I would write “today, Travis was obscenely mean to me” I wouldn't go into detail about what that meant. I just remembered that was a really bad day so I would write something to that effect.

Afternoon recess.

This is not new and obviously not verified so take it for what it is worth. My mom is a therapist so I have been sending her links to videos because I wanted to hear what she thought of the killer. I just wanted a first impression. Her first response after seeing videos of Jodi was "Wow." Followed by "Narcissistic sociopath." I know a lot of you have already said that but I like asking her opinions on things like this....a.k.a. I had to ask my "mommy". Lol!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

If you want someone out of your life you probably wouldn't let them in at 4 am, no?

She let herself in...as a matter of fact she testified she stood there watching him on the computer for at least 45 seconds to a minute before he even knew she was there!! CREEPER!!!!!!!

Is the hair color thing cleared up yet? I'm still confused!

Ryan said she was blond and so did the rental car guy, right?

I just looked at an earlier discussion about the dyed hair

I posted she stated she dyed her hair 3-20-2008 in the evening and she was looking at her text msgs when she said it.

so IMO she would have been blonde on 3-13-2008 when she attended the convention, so Ryan was correct.

Also doesn't mean she didn't dye it back to blonde after she moved back to CA.

You guys reminded me of something I just heard Jodi say (I'm watching today's DVR programming) - when asked about the gas cans etc. Jodi said she was a "coupon-clipping-kind-of-girl" . . . does she realize how much money she spends at Starbucks???? Buying so many strawberry frapps kinda' defeats the purpose of saving with coupons. She is so full of it with all of her answers to the jurors' questions!
So does getting your nails done at a salon, and buying gas in a more expensive state, when there are gas stations all over the West! California, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah are completely civilized, and people drive these routes all the time, how would truck drivers manage otherwise???

When asked what Jodi considered to be the definition of *advertiser censored*, she said that it was a pejorative term for a woman. This makes me wonder if Jodi has been called a *advertiser censored* for many years. *advertiser censored* is not used as a term for all women. There must be a reason that Jodi believes it is.

Did she really use the word pejorative?????

Maybe she plays "Words With Friends" the jail version?? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Goodnight good people, see you tomorrow when we get one day closer to justice for Travis.

I just looked at an earlier discussion about the dyed hair

I posted she stated she dyed her hair 3-20-2008 in the evening and she was looking at her text msgs when she said it.

so IMO she would have been blonde on 3-13-2008 when she attended the convention, so Ryan was correct.

Also doesn't mean she didn't dye it back to blonde after she moved back to CA.
It's clearly a lie to deflect from her having dyed it brown on the trip to Mesa. She's trying to say it was already brown, so the rental car guy got it wrong...:twocents::moo:
Dying it brown for Mesa points to premeditation, since everyone who could identify her there, knew her as a blonde.

Don't let it! Enjoy the fact that you can walk into Starbucks and enjoy whatever you please and she never will again. Strawberry Fraps are good. Starbucks was also prominent in the Whitney Heichel case- she worked there, and was also Mormon.
I will continue to enjoy Starbucks, Cinnabons, Toblerone's, Rainforest Cafe, Mimi's Cafe, California Pizza Kitchen, P.F.Chang's, Kohl's, and many other things Jodi has mentioned.

THANK YOU ~ what a FABULOUS way to spin things!!!!! Think I'll get up a few minutes earlier tomorrow and get a Starbucks :) I'll toast you for the idea and then LAUGH at what JA will be having for breakfast!!

She let herself in...as a matter of fact she testified she stood there watching him on the computer for at least 45 seconds to a minute before he even knew she was there!! CREEPER!!!!!!!

Don't believe her. She also said today that Napolean barked whenever someone knocked on the door or rang the bell. Do not tell me that dog would not have heard her come in and approach the office. My dog can hear dogs being walked by our house in the middle of winter with all the doors and windows shut tight. Dogs hear, investigate and react.

She is a rotten liar, and nothing she says should be taken at face value, except "I am a liar".

By the way, awesome question today, "how do you decide when to lie and when to tell the truth". That one could have been written by Juan.

Sorry i'm over tired and giddy. :D

I the nicknames for the witnesses: "car rental guy" makes me giggle and sometimes this almost seems like fiction!

Don't let it! Enjoy the fact that you can walk into Starbucks and enjoy whatever you please and she never will again. Strawberry Fraps are good. Starbucks was also prominent in the Whitney Heichel case- she worked there, and was also Mormon.
I will continue to enjoy Starbucks, Cinnabons, Toblerone's, Rainforest Cafe, Mimi's Cafe, California Pizza Kitchen, P.F.Chang's, Kohl's, and many other things Jodi has mentioned.

I admitted that I ate 3 tootsie pops one day just because she cannot. (and I have never eaten 3 in one day EVER!!!) :D

I might even buy pop rocks to eat the day she is found guilty!!!
Lol

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

In Jodi's defense, I can say without a doubt that although she lied in the past, she is telling the truth now, I know this because she said so under oath.

:blushing: :waitasec: :what: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: Did I really type that? I think I need a good nights sleep. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Sorry but this is a loooonnng answer....texts WERE admitted. I found them in the evidence files online, transcribed (best I can), and will print them for you here:

"So either text me that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you every told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have till tomorrow. To have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. Nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out."

Seems to me like he means facing the punishment is better than trying to live with the lie--as he would expose her if she continues to lie. Still so sad to read his words & his understanding of Jodi.

Thank you Furious, I was hoping someone would answer me, thank you! I will assume the 'Sociopath text' and 'your the worst thing that has ever happened to me' also was admitted. Thanks. I guess one thing is for sure, don't threaten a sociopath. Poor Travis.

It's clearly a lie to deflect from her having dyed it brown on the trip to Mesa. She's trying to say it was already brown, so the rental car guy got it wrong...:twocents::moo:
Dying it brown for Mesa points to premeditation, since everyone who could identify her there, knew her as a blonde.

Not trying to be snarky but she died her hair often and did not change hair styles or wear a disguise.

So her hair is a different shade, that means she goes undetected/ I don't get it, one would think she may be more noticed as in you died your hair again.

I think there's a lot of clarity when it comes to attitudes towards JA and yes, there's a good deal of hatred and it's completely warranted. There's also an inability for some to fully grasp this case and the situation because of the genders of the victim and the defendant. The statements made in the post above would not be made if the genders were reversed and questioning Travis, the victim, would not be happening nearly as much as it is now if he was female and JA was male. I'm far too exhausted to get into it now and it's been discussed ad nauseam here and will rightfully be discussed again but the comments in the above original post boil down to blaming the victim for putting himself in a situation to be victimized. :pullhair:

I'm not blaming Travis at all if that's what you're getting at. But I do disagree with comments that he just wanted to get away from her which I don't think is true.

Interesting. I find it odd that a juror asked that. I'm baffled that the attorneys didn't object to that question.

Probably because it was an honest question. The juror may have heard or assumed the term meant different things - or more likely, wondered if JA knew what it really means and wanted to find out if she misinterpreted it.

They can't assume the juror was mocking the trial or the defendant... and who would? That could spell serious fines/penalties if proven.

JA has such a weird (dishonest) take on so many things that most people see differently - it shouldn't have been a surprising or shocking question in the least, imv.

Ignoring it's meaning for a moment, the word itself - written, spoken - is a funny-sounding word. Comedians use certain words because they sound funnier than other words from what I understand. Words with hard sounds... I don't know - but I think that's part of it.

In Jodi's defense, I can say without a doubt that although she lied in the past, she is telling the truth now, I know this because she said so under oath.

:blushing: :waitasec: :what: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: Did I really type that? I think I need a good nights sleep. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:
uploadfromtaptalk1362640676602.jpg
Could you repeat the question.
Sorry I had to!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Not trying to be snarky but she died her hair often and did not change hair styles or wear a disguise.

So her hair is a different shade, that means she goes undetected/ I don't get it, one would think she may be more noticed as in you died your hair again.

Agreed... irrelevant and who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member