WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, AutumnRose.... Interesting activity in the "wee hours" this morning. I've been thinking about it all day. Anyone ever figure out who deleted the photos that were posted?

I have some questions;

1) Do parents/family and loved ones usually get on this website during these times? I know I would be on here posting like crazy if my daughter was murdered.....or missing. I would not hide thats for sure! I do not understand the hiding.....from media, coworkers,friends ect....Seems fishy?

2) Why was LE at WC speck house the night b4 her body was found? What couldve pointed them in that direction before there was an official crime scene?

3) Has anyone else wondered if WC maybe on drugs? Late night 911 phone calls, (seems some folks were busy late lastnight and in the wee hours this AM), erratic behavior?

4)I was on WB till about midnight and this am when the pics were posted. Anyone know why they were deleted? Is del rio out there somewhere to help us siftthrouh this? They were VERY interesting.......

5) Open house was held on the cuff, not advertised, Sunday, day after MC was found. I believe LE was watching and did not stop it on purpose, maybe to watch the POI(s) watch the home.......? :waitasec:LE was very quiet about being there. I knew all along, but did not want to be the one to say anything so as not to compromise investigation.

6) Isnt it normal behavior for perps to revisit scene of crime?

I believe the killer(s) left her car up there to throw LE off. That is where they concentrated the search for her. Also, putting the car up there in Chelan County, while placing her body totally far away in the opposite direction and in another county certainly complicates things. In addition, Del Rio pointed out last night that he believes the killer meant to place the body in Grant County, but miscalculated. I have not looked to see where the county lines are myself, but it's an interesting input.

Yes, I would have avoid Douglas County too.. the DCSO and its detectives may be underestimated butthey are very capable of this kind of case. Even if they would have placed her in Grant County, our regional LE agencies work together often.. jurisdiction should not hamper the investigation. I am confident the task force will solve this soon!

I agree, AutumnRose.... Interesting activity in the "wee hours" this morning. I've been thinking about it all day.

Nobody has said who or why? He said he took the pictures from high above the property, but I think whoever took the pictures HAD to have been standing right there. :waitasec::waitasec:

DANG STRAIGHT HE WAS!!!!! i knew it the minute he posted them.

If someone can give me the court cause no. for his divorce, I can look on another website and see if there are any restraining orders, accusations of DV, etc. I don't know his full name so I don't know "who" to search for on the Washington courts website.

Moonsabove- I don't know if you've figured out his name yet, but this is how someone helped me figure out his name: Google: Gitzo G1028 with Kirk BH-3 Ballhead pbase.

The name that pops up is his name, however, it is a different person that this google search links to. But, you'll at least know what his name is so you can look it up.

If you look through the thread to about page 7 or a little higher, you will see some posts from Del Rio claiming to know from a source that was there, that MacKenzie's body WAS NOT next to the river, but partially hidden in bushes next to a stream on the property.....a stream coming from a pond and waterfall, and that her feet were in the water of the stream. He seemed to have a lot of first hand knowledge about the property and MacKenzie's body and graphic details, plus pictures of the crime scene with tape and markers, etc. that have since been removed from the thread. I have not seen posts from him/her before late last night and he/she has posted a few times earlier today. Poster is Del Rio. He also claimed to know for a fact that the brody marks had been on the property since the fall, when he had spent a lot of time on the property. However; this is nagging me. Seems the neighbors would have noticed them before 2/12 and the elements would have had an effect on them in that time frame.

Yeah, I did read those but filed them in the mental "rumor" category. There have been a lot of people on here claiming inside knowledge.

I am wondering though why the pictures were removed and by whom. AFAIK they wouldn't violate TOU?

While I have to agree, the pictures that Del Rio had were very authentic and most likely where real, has anyone else checked out the information he gave? He stated that the former owner owned a local construction company. I don’t want to make an absolute statement, but I believe that the former owner used it as a summer home and lives on the other side of the mountains?

I think the keys to the vehicle are still with the murderer. He had every intention of going back and moving the car, or at least having the option of moving the car if need be. He was definitely forcing a search to begin where her car was found to buy some more time. Probably a good chance there is a house key or two on that key ring. Are they waiting to see if someone is going to use it? Was there a key to the spec home on the key ring? Was that why WC called 911 three times last night? Is she concerned that the keys are missing and who has access to her house?

Great point!!

Again tonight.....

84 (29 members and 55 guests)

That's a WHOLE lotta guests! This whole area is so uneasy and has so many questions!

How do we know again that WC called 911 and was quoted as telling the 911 operator that she was practicing?

The reason that doesn't sit well with me is because since LE claims they have no POI and no suspects, I would think a 911 call from anyone in the C family would be closely monitored, and/or followed up on.

That's EXACTLY what I thought. Talk about STRANGE!

We know from someone who was listening on the Scanner last night, from their home, I believe.

How do we know again that WC called 911 and was quoted as telling the 911 operator that she was practicing?

The reason that doesn't sit well with me is because since LE claims they have no POI and no suspects, I would think a 911 call from anyone in the C family would be closely monitored, and/or followed up on.

I heard rivercom in wenatchee on my home scanner telling an officer that they had a 911 hang up from WC and upon call back she explained that she had a friend there and she was afraid (not sure if WC or the friend was afraid) and they were practicing calling 911, and that this had happend 3 other times that evening. This was at about 10:45 pm last night.

Has anyone checked their web browser caches for the images? I have Google Chrome.. not sure if I can but I will try! If I have them, I will post.

Actually, IIRC, Del Rio encouraged the person to go take pictures even though she mentioned that she had a lot to do while in the area and probably wouldn't have time.

I was the one interested in looking in the area, he did encourage it but warned about trespassing. I have not nor will have a chance to get out there, with final projects in psych. and finals knocking on my backdoor, I am going to be rather busy in the next weeks.

Whatever the mutilation to her face/body, we know it was most likely able to be hidden cosmetically (if there was any). FB comments from WC indicate that she was going to sit with Mac's body and get to hold her hand one last time. To me this either indicates that she has a cast iron constitution, the damage was not that severe, or the mortitian was able to do some serious magic.

I can tell you nothing was hidden cosmetically, mackenzie was cremated the friday before the funerals. The day they got the hold her hand one last time, everything else was covered up, they only saw her hand. One of my immediate family members works at evergreen memorial park where she was cremated.

That's what I'm sayin! This has been nagging at me since it was posted in the wee hours this morning. That..........and a few other things that were posted regarding that crime scene.

I think I know what you're saying but I think the stuff that was posted this morning were pretty similar to what other people had heard though, right?

I have some questions;

1) Do parents/family and loved ones usually get on this website during these times? I know I would be on here posting like crazy if my daughter was murdered.....or missing. I would not hide thats for sure! I do not understand the hiding.....from media, coworkers,friends ect....Seems fishy?

2) Why was LE at WC speck house the night b4 her body was found? What couldve pointed them in that direction before there was an official crime scene?

3) Has anyone else wondered if WC maybe on drugs? Late night 911 phone calls, (seems some folks were busy late lastnight and in the wee hours this AM), erratic behavior?

4)I was on WB till about midnight and this am when the pics were posted. Anyone know why they were deleted? Is del rio out there somewhere to help us siftthrouh this? They were VERY interesting.......

5) Open house was held on the cuff, not advertised, Sunday, day after MC was found. I believe LE was watching and did not stop it on purpose, maybe to watch the POI(s) watch the home.......? :waitasec:LE was very quiet about being there. I knew all along, but did not want to be the one to say anything so as not to compromise investigation.

6) Isnt it normal behavior for perps to revisit scene of crime?

1. It would make sense if a POI or suspect was known to the family, they (family) would be aware of the full timeline, much of LE's info, who was being interviewed and how strenuously, and possibly motive. If they already know who did it they are probably just using this time to grieve privately and are awaiting the media crapstorm that's going to occur.

2. I'm not sure, there may be much more evidence than we know. Perhaps someone in the family started pointing fingers immediately, IE: "I think so and so has something to do with this and if I were you I would look here".

3. It's certainly possible, her behavior seems at the very least odd to me, but then this family has obviously had its share of drama laying aside this recent tragedy. It's been my experience that people with constant drama in their lives don't usually arrive there by accident- they have a tendency to create it or at least keep the drama ball rolling. Maybe she is just that type? As well she is probably sleep deprived and maybe on prescription meds. Also, if she thinks she knows who did this she may be in fear for herself or be feeling overwhelming guilt.

4. Nope, wish I had seen them.

5. It could have been a realtors open house? In which case it wouldn't be publicly advertised. That's when all the local realtors do a walk through to view the home for future potential buyers.

6. Yes, but usually only when they enjoy the act of killing and reliving those moments through revisiting the scene(s). This is the kind of thing serial killers and arsonists often do, but usually not when it's a crime of passion or the murder is thought necessary for other reasons.

I can tell you nothing was hidden cosmetically, mackenzie was cremated the friday before the funerals. The day they got the hold her hand one last time, everything else was covered up, they only saw her hand. One of my immediate family members works at evergreen memorial park where she was cremated.

Oh, so sad :(

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members