***GRAPHIC*** The Missing Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks No_Stone, the info contained on that site confirmed to me the harsh reality as to why the remains were unrecognizable as human or as a skull.

It is because of the animal population in the parc and the likelihood that the remains were not retrieved in packaging (none of the initial reports or subsequent comment mentioned a suspicious package), I am confident that the remains were discovered by an individual who thought it looked odd, wasn't sure what he/she found, initially didn't report it but the thought of it weighed on their mind and the individual reported it later.

The remains were likely disrupted by animals and displaced from the location they were discarded by Magnotta making it impossible for him or an accomplice to provide the precise location LE confirmed the tip included.

The article's reference to animals is more likely in relation to the farm/petting zoo (now closed):

It is home to some 25 different animal species commonly found on farms in Québec.

I doubt that any of the wildlife that exists in the city park is anything but squirrels, birds, etc.

JMO

Something hasn't been seeming to "add up" in reference to the six packages... is it possible that the last "two" of the six packages were both found in Agrignon Park?

Hate to even type this...but the last two packages in a typical 'demonstrative' Luka-style 'display'....think "Lord of the Flies" (?)...arghhhh

And for reasons of dignity and decency the 'accounting' has been a little vague in terms of LE communication?

A horrible thought...but a thought.....

Would you please point us to confirmation that there are indeed 6 packages? I was only able to find evidence in MSM that the note indicated that 6 body parts had been mailed (see my prior post). TIA!

If I could try and quash some of this speculation:

Angringon park is, geographically, both the farthest away and most convenient (in terms of public transport) park in relation to Magnotta's apartment. If one was looking for a park that was relatively secluded and somewhat far away, this would be the most logical choice. It's also probably the only park in the area with ponds of that size. In any other park, the head would have no doubt turned up very quickly.

And I've never heard corroboration that there was supposedly 6 packages. I think that was a rumour reported as fact. It's also possible that a journalist misunderstood a statement from the police - i.e. the police referenced four packages, the journalist thought they meant four *more*, something along those lines. Also keep in mind that there's a certain amount lost in the english/french translation from time to time.

That said, any package sent virtually anywhere in the world would have arrived by now. Furthermore, the police have the video of Magnotta sending the packages - they would have been able to confirm if there were two more packages.

And I've never heard corroboration that there was supposedly 6 packages. I think that was a rumour reported as fact. It's also possible that a journalist misunderstood a statement from the police - i.e. the police referenced four packages, the journalist thought they meant four *more*, something along those lines. Also keep in mind that there's a certain amount lost in the english/french translation from time to time.

That said, any package sent virtually anywhere in the world would have arrived by now. Furthermore, the police have the video of Magnotta sending the packages - they would have been able to confirm if there were two more packages.
<rsbm>

While I now agree that it is highly unlikely there were more packages mailed, we didn't dream it up. Many of us recall the original and numerous MSM references to the note having specified 6 body parts:

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sclient....,cf.osb&fp=a5836d942dd8a875&biw=1280&bih=617

Why is no one considering the torso in a suitcase a 'package', or body part? It seems to me that all have come to light...two hands, two feet, the torso and head equal 6, correct? Or am I missing something?

Why is no one considering the torso in a suitcase a 'package', or body part? It seems to me that all have come to light...two hands, two feet, the torso and head equal 6, correct? Or am I missing something?

AFTER the torso was found, LE was indicating there were a total of six body parts to have been mailed. So, the torso was not a "missing" body part, nor was it one of the 6 parts that were possibly mailed.

This info is somewhat related (as to why LM may have chosen certain package recipients???), and somewhat unrelated (as in 'should have been posted elsewhere'). Although I have been a stalker on this site for many cases, I am new to posting. Anywho...I found this persons blog to be interesting and possibly enlightening, IMO...apologies if this is old news to anyone here.

http://devilintheflesh.net/tag/luca-rocco-magnotta/

eta: shoot, on that note, it is important how animals feed in ponds in otherwise open areas. That's getting pretty graphic, but it would be nice to know whether they'd pull the remains out of the pond or not. Anyone know?

I'm not familiar with Canadian Fauna but speaking from what I know happens here where I live, some big birds like vultures can find remains buried and even packed inside plastic bags, they can move small body parts this way, as long it still 'fresh' they think it is edible. Well, you get the idea :(
I know this stuff because it is very commom here for drug dealers to kill enemies and junkies in debt and afterwards they spread body parts across the city, sometimes they burn the remains as well, this way it is a lot harder for the police to ID the victim, but sometimes vultures flock together and give the location with the remains.

Getting back to wild animals which frequent the Parc, I think it's safe to say that there would be the following:
-foxes
-coyotes
-hawks
-groundhogs
-squirrels
-skunks
-bears
-snakes

I'm of the opinion that LRM did place head in the Parc but what puzzles me are the following:
-was the head NOT in some sort of package?
-if not.....how did he get the head to the Parc?
-did he take it there and then discard the package?
-why was there not a blood-trail to the head?
-did he walk all the way into the Parc to where the remains were found?
-why didn't he mail the head since this appears to be his MO?

Questions, questions......

ETA:

I also know from experience at the cottage that raccoons, seagulls, ravens, vultures will get into garbage/packages.

Regarding fauna in Canadian Parcs, let's not forget porcupines. They are plentiful in our parks and they remain out of the way (forested areas) from where people usually are.

Just general snippets here ... not necessarily related to one another

From the above devilintheflesh link that LaLa post, I was interested in Lin Jun's use of the nick "Justin Rain" in relation to the Twilight series. FWIW, the twilightseries dot ca domain is owned by MM of BG, and billed as the "Ultimate Twilight Fansite".

Unrelated to the above snippet, but also of general interest is that (according to a post on the BG site) "Cannibal Serial Killer - Luka Magnotta" was uploaded to YouTube April 22 and is apparently set to the same tune is the 1L1IP video.

Oh, and MM of BG states in one of his posts that he used to work in a psyche hospital. Dunno why i find that interesting, but I do :)

Probably not related, but interesting nonetheless:

Stephanie Smyth &#8207;@stephaniesmyth

Huron #OPP confirm to @CP24 human bones found at cottage property near Kincardine; new home being built. Excavators made discovery.

Angringon park is...probably the only park in the area with ponds of that size. In any other park, the head would have no doubt turned up very quickly.

Justin, are you suggesting submersion here? TIA

I'm not familiar with Canadian Fauna but speaking from what I know happens here where I live, some big birds like vultures can find remains buried and even packed inside plastic bags, they can move small body parts this way, as long it still 'fresh' they think it is edible. Well, you get the idea :(
I know this stuff because it is very commom here for drug dealers to kill enemies and junkies in debt and afterwards they spread body parts across the city, sometimes they burn the remains as well, this way it is a lot harder for the police to ID the victim, but sometimes vultures flock together and give the location with the remains.

My climate is probably a happy medium between Canada and yours. Most of our meat-eaters where I am don't need to drag the food anywhere. Either they are small and super fast, or they are the kings of the woods and can just stand where they please and eat.

It would seem like in a park you'd get more regular canines curious about the remains. Even in packaging, I agree.

If I could try and quash some of this speculation:

Angringon park is, geographically, both the farthest away and most convenient (in terms of public transport) park in relation to Magnotta's apartment. If one was looking for a park that was relatively secluded and somewhat far away, this would be the most logical choice. It's also probably the only park in the area with ponds of that size. In any other park, the head would have no doubt turned up very quickly.

I have also seen LE intentionally publicize erroneous info during the investigative phase; however, I am more inclined to go with your explanation in this instance.

I have also seen LE intentionally publicize erroneous info during the investigative phase; however, I am more inclined to go with your explanation in this instance.

I agree that LE may have been on mis-information campaign in an effort to have a maniac ring them up to correct them.

What we read in the MSM however wasn't "rumour" that was started on the internet or elsewhere. It was carried by the majority of MSM reporters throughout Canada (Toronto Sun, Globe & Mail, Global News, Vancouver 24 Hrs, Canoe, Beacon Herald, etc etc)

While I admit that many of the MSM articles used the exact wording, perhaps suggesting a copy/paste:

... warned the killer would strike again and that six body parts had been mailed out ...

other reporters weren't doing a cut/paste when they used a variety of different wording such as (sorry, too many links to list):

4 more body parts
a total of 6 body parts
note allegedly said that a total of six body parts had been
the severed foot indicating a total of six body parts had been distributed
a total of six in all

etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online