CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #8

Wow--does Facebook want this kind of vile thing on their site? What on earth is this "person" trying to prove? I wonder if there's a way to report this.

Edited to add: I just checked the Facebook "Report" thing, and this creepy, stupid page doesn't meet any of the criterion exactly. It isn't racist (or is it?), doesn't promote violence, and so on.

I eventually did report it, under "promotes violence," under the logic that any site that declares it supports kidnapping is, by default, supporting violence. I am not sure anything will be done, b/c it doesn't seem to violate the rules directly... but, man, it is truly disgusting.

I eventually did report it, under "promotes violence," under the logic that any site that declares it supports kidnapping is, by default, supporting violence. I am not sure anything will be done, b/c it doesn't seem to violate the rules directly... but, man, it is truly disgusting.

Yes, that is totally logical and makes sense to me. It really is a disgusting site!

edited : I looked for a way to contact Facebook directly but it seems there is no way, so i had to resort to using the limited report option they offer. I ended up reporting it as racist/hate speech ; the person did make some comment about "who knows what kenyans eat". I actually think the violence choice is more appropriate, but hopefully these complaints will at least get Facebook's attention.

Actually--now that I think about it more--one might report it as child abuse to that organization for Missing and Exploited Children?

I am shocked and disgusted! How could anybody be so cruel??? And 90 something people "like" this page??? SICK

How are they useing a picture of a missing child like that too? So disrespectful!

Someone needs to call the LE department and let them know that someone claims to have Hasanni.

Tip line, 510-238-3641

There really ought to be an option for reporting FB pages that are based on the exploitation of minors - even in a non-sexual way. I mean, the bottom line is Hasanni is a small child being used in a cruel way for the sick amusement of scummy people who think this is funny. That isn't right, anyway you slice it.

I try to be understanding of different senses of humour, but this is just wrong. I have poured a lot of love and care into this child, into this case. This page outrages me.

It is not funny. A missing, likely dead, child is not funny.

It may be time for FB to realize there are more things that offend than their little skimpy pull down menu.

There really ought to be an option for reporting FB pages that are based on the exploitation of minors - even in a non-sexual way. I mean, the bottom line is Hasanni is a small child being used in a cruel way for the sick amusement of scummy people who think this is funny. That isn't right, anyway you slice it.

I try to be understanding of different senses of humour, but this is just wrong. I have poured a lot of love and care into this child, into this case. This page outrages me.

It is not funny. A missing, likely dead, child is not funny.

It may be time for FB to realize there are more things that offend than their little skimpy pull down menu.

You are so right on all points. It's irritating how FB makes it impossible to contact them in any way other than through that pull down menu. I'm going to see if Missing and Exploited Children might be able to do something about this site.

Thanks Columbo, one of my kids had taken my cell phone to school today or I would have called it in.

Glad you sent an email!

Holy carp - that FB page is wrong on so many levels and it is still active as I just checked. It is totally disgusting. Anybody that sick may just have Hasanni - how do we step this up a level?

eleph

Well now I see what you mean about the little pull down "report" option on FB - it in itself is a load of garbage.

Attachments

• Disgusting FB page.jpg
    Disgusting FB page.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 66
Link to article on Hasanni: http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-08-10/bay-area/22212340_1_search-ross-and-campbell-sherri-lyn-miller

I have emailed Chip Johnson (SF Gate) with the FB page link to see if he can do any inside followup on who this belongs to and either get a solid lead or have the FB page removed. There is no good email address to the Oakland police or I would have sent it there too - am not going to call cross borders right now even though I am ripping mad.

eleph

Thanks for doing that, elepher. I haven't received a response from the group I emailed yesterday.

I live in the area so I could call the Oakland PD, but I feel sensitive about wasting their time with what is probably a hoax, as sick as it is--on the other hand, maybe they would want to know. I guess it couldn't hurt, although too bad there is no email for them-- it's tediously hard to read a link to anyone over the phone.

I wonder if contacting Sherri-Lyn Miller might be worthwhile?

Edited to add: I just called the OPD homicide division--wasn't sure if that was the right place, but anyway...I left a message since the officer whose extension I dialed was not available.

Do you guys think I should call FBI?

Do we know for sure the FBI is still on Hasanni's case?

If they are, and you want to drop them an email, I think that would be ok - but likely not really worth calling them for, IMO.

ETA: Yes, I think they still are.

Do you guys think I should call FBI?

If you thought it was a legitimate lead, it would be smart to call them--I fear this is just a stupid, sick hoax (for lack of a better word), though. I agree with WhyADuck?, maybe email them if possible.

It makes us angry to see this vile page, but LE or FBI looking further at it probably isn't going to help solve the case. It's hard to say--it might be worthwhile to find out who is behind such a monstrosity, just in case the person does have a link to Hasanni in some way. He probably is guilty of gross stupidity, and that is all.

I wonder why Facebook doesn't police their own site ?

I'm just seeing this for the first time today. My ex husband used to work with one of the facebook founders and one of the top executives, and as far as I know he is still in close contact with them both. My ex isn't exactly the most cooperative person lol but I will email him right now to ask if he will contact Chris and or Ben to do something about this site.

FWIW I emailed my ex, with the FB link and a short explanation of the situation. He is 9 hours ahead of me (lives in Italy) so I probably won't hear anything from him right away, if at all. I will let you all know if he replies and what he says! That is a disgusting FB page and it just needs to come down ASAP.

Aww thanks R and R. Thanks for looking out for Hasanni.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back