NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its getting dark, I don't think they will be seeing much tonight, unless they have some big light there

The water will be siphoned out over the levee if there is one. It looks like that large pond to the east has a drainage ditch, so that may be where the pump will be placed... The siphon hose will most likely have a screen over it to catch anything that may be evidence.

maybe to be put in a sifter at forensic lab????

I'm thinking maybe they are draining it inside the treeline to keep prying eyes away. Trees provide good coverage from copter views and would make the perfect staging area for filtering the water through some sort of sifting apparatus?

Its getting dark, I don't think they will be seeing much tonight, unless they have some big light there

That's what I was thinking last night, but it turns out they brought in those huge spotlights they use on highway construction. They may have the same lights tonight.

Vigil's going on now. I saw news vans headed over there on my way home from work.

Wow this case is moving so fast :eek: Up at 4:10 am out the door by 5:10 am get home from work at 3:00 pm and we have I believe two more threads down from when I logged off lastnight........

I pray LE finds Zahra soon, and I pray for her family, I just can't even imagine ....

Or where, for that matter? Does the water go into a tank to be put back in the pond later or what?

They usually just pump out and discard. It's probably drainage water to begin with.

ETA: sorry if that's already been noted.
ETA again- a lot of these ponds are used for irrigation only.

Can someone please fill in about the pond? At the very least fill all in. I cooked dinner and now they are searching a pond? Thanks

Given the time frame that she has been missing they are probably not super concerned about the water or what is floating, but more likely what has sunk to the bottom.

(ETA-Though I'm sure they're screening it just to be sure.)

And guess what I'm getting next month.... :D

You will love it!!! My hubby thinks I am having an affair!!!
Jealous of my comp,laptop, netbook and phone!!!!!
Comes and looks at what I read and leaves.........no man on the end...LOL

I'm thinking maybe they are draining it inside the treeline to keep prying eyes away. Trees provide good coverage from copter views and would make the perfect staging area for filtering the water through some sort of sifting apparatus?

You know, just thinking....

If they're going to pump that water out in an hour, they're not even planning to screen or filter.

So whatever they're looking for must be 1) large and 2) heavy enough to sink to bottom.

Otherwise, if they were looking for anything that might be floating in the water, they'd definitely filter.

Makes me think that they think that--pardon the imagery--larger body parts, her whole body, or the prosthetic leg may be in there. Or maybe a combination of all.

If the FD is there, they'll have halogen task lights that will light the place up like daylight.

Mod note PLEASE READ:

Welcome newbies! We're glad you took the plunge and joined our discussion on this case.

I'd like to remind everyone name calling is a TOS violation at Websleuths.

Carried from the sticky note originally posted by JBean.

Please do not alter the names of anyone discussed in this case, except appropriate abbreviations.Derogatory name changes, or any kind of name change is not acceptable.

Name calling is not allowed, TO's will <may>be given.

Thanks for your cooperation.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106605"]Name Variations and Name calling - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please do take a few minutes to read our Terms of Service aka TOS. There is a short version available and also our Threadiquette or etiquette link.

We (the mods) work hard to keep WS running smoothly and the safe place it is for everyone to discuss cases respectfully and advocate on behalf of crime victims.

Link here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79876"]Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And we ask PLEASE do not quote posts you see with TOS violations. It takes a tremendous amount of time to review and edit multiple quotes with violations. Please do alert (triangle in upper right corner) so the mods can take care of posts which need our attention.

Thank you for your interest in Zahra's case.
Let's continue to pray LE finds what they need to bring Zahra the justice she so deserves.

Thank you-
~Cubby

They really impressed me last night. Searching til late into the darkness.
Looks like they are going to do it again.

Very impressive IMO

Can someone please fill in about the pond? At the very least fill all in. I cooked dinner and now they are searching a pond? Thanks

They are draining a pond near the site that has been searched the last couple days. Should be drained in an hour (less now).

From now on, no cooking dinner... only cold pizza. :dance:

You will love it!!! My hubby thinks I am having an affair!!!
Jealous of my comp,laptop, netbook and phone!!!!!
Comes and looks at what I read and leaves.........no man on the end...LOL

Mine doesn't have to look, I follow him around with pictures of woodchippers and ask questions about scuba gear when they have divers in the water, he is good with guns but our business partner is an expert (hobby level) so I ask him odd questions.

Lord forbid anyone come up missing in my immediate circle, the things I have asked people and my google history would bury me. From poisoning, electrical, now wood chippers, all level of decomp and various state statutes (especially if they are missing in Florida!).

If the FD is there, they'll have halogen task lights that will light the place up like daylight.

They will. Until about 2am. When they will all effectively be asleep on their feet.

LE, keep up the very hard work. You are doing an excellent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member