IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendships forged four years ago at the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity house on the IU campus may play a role in this investigation. It was at the AEP house that Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, met Jay Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum is believed to be the last person to have seen Spierer at 4:30 a.m. at his apartment.

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story

I don't remember hearing that JW and JR were connected by the fraternity. I also agree that HT's story doesn't add up.

I've been saying all along that I think the girl roommate has been lying or not very forthcoming.
For me, the red flag was when she spoke all lovey-dovey about LS and JW's relationship, despite the evidence pointing to LS seeking out the company of another male that night,
and JW's friends attacking him.

A friend/roommate would know of relationship problems like that.

I wonder if Tamir and Jesse have ever fooled around with each other.

The roommate makes me a bit uneasy. I found it kind of telling that one of the FIRST things we heard from her was how GREAT the relationship between LS and JW was and that he "would never do anything to hurt her". That was a few days before the BFs whereabouts were even questioned. Kind of like if your husband walked into the house and you said "Hi honey, I didn't cheat on you!". Would you not assume something was not right?

Why would she jump right to "he wouldn't hurt her" before anyone even brought JW up. I believe it was just around the time that we learned LS HAD a boyfriend. Of course it could be editing of the news video/liberal reporting. Perhaps she was asked, directly, about their relationship, but from what I remember the statement was made within the first breaking articles about this girl going missing. Seems like a statement that would be reserved for if/when JW became a POI. He was not at that point.

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story

I don't remember hearing that JW and JR were connected by the fraternity. I also agree that HT's story doesn't add up.

It is stated here : http://mobile.baltimoresun.com/p.p?...DL.w=&DL.d=10&DQ=sectionId%3A5869&DPS=0&DPL=5

It is in that article, I didn't want to link the direct quote because it does state the Frat in question and I wasn't sure if that was against the rules. Looks like JR and JW have been in the same frat for the entirety of their academic career.

Looks like the Chapter closed in 2008, or was no longer recognized by the college for hazing. They were reinstated in 2010.

I've been saying all along that I think the girl roommate has been lying or not very forthcoming.
For me, the red flag was when she spoke all lovey-dovey about LS and JW's relationship, despite the evidence pointing to LS seeking out the company of another male that night,

I agree with you and believe Tamir is not telling everything.Who knows maybe she had here eye on JW.Girls can become very jealous of one another.I believe LS relationship with her boyfriend was on shaky ground.Instead of going to see him,she went to two other guy's apartment.That is telling to me.

I saw the fraternity link in a few articles today. I wonder what the significance could be, if any, since JR was the last to see LS, and JW, presumably, knew JR well as his frat brother.

JW's unnamed frat brother (possibly one of his roommates?) tells us that JW received no phone calls after some frat brothers confronted LS and CR at Smallwood after their return from the bar at about 2:30 AM.

There may have been no need for JW to call/text LS between 12:30 AM-2:30 AM since JW's unnamed frat brother tells us that JW had expected that LS was going to remain home that night. Same thing that LS's roomie, HT, had originally stated. Perhaps, because that is what the roomies agreed upon---I've told him I'm staying home. We now know that HT knew where LS was headed prior to the bar with CR - to JR's with DH.

Even if JW had called LS prior to 2:30 AM or thereabouts, it wouldn't have mattered since LS's cell was left at the bar, and even if he had then called HT, HT was not going to respond knowing who LT was with and where LT most likely was: headed back to where she had been prior to the bar.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,6774142.story

Wolff's friend told Fox59 News that Wolff was watching basketball several hours before Spierer disappeared and was under the impression his girlfriend was staying home at her apartment at Smallwood Plaza. He said Wolff went to bed at 2:30 a.m., about the same time Spierer and Rossman were coming home from Kilroy's Sports Bar.

The friend said Wolff received no phone calls or visitors in the hours after his fraternity brothers confronted Spierer and Rossman at Smallwood.

Does anyone know the parking situation in the area?

Just wondering if someone would be able to easily park and wait for her to walk by?

Parking is Bloomington's Achilles Heel. There is street parking that is metered.
There are parking garages for the larger apartments.
There are parking lots for the apartments, most need a permit.
A few businesses have parking spaces, but you'll get towed for parking in them at night, for the most part.

The few residences in the area have tiny yards with little parking.

Be back shortly with pics.

Perhaps JW did assume LS was staying in that night. When she didn't answer his texts, he may have thought she went to bed early (between 12:30 and 2:30). Most college-aged couples I know do check in to say "good night" when they don't see each other. So her not responding may have raised a red flag. So maybe he texted HT to check and she didn't answer. But, not getting a hold of her probably wasn't cause for toooo much worry, so he went to bed figuring she was home, sober and asleep.

But when he still couldn't get a hold of her in the morning, that was cause for him to be worried.

Just a theory. And not necessarily a probable one at that. :)

I wonder if LE has tried pinging the girl roommates phone from that night?

Seems like a stretch to think she had anything to do with this at all, I really would not think so.
But I also have a hard time believing anything that comes out of her mouth.

Also, why call the Rohn guy? Why couldn't they have called Tamir?
And what possible reason could she have for lying about anything?

Some of the other guys, maybe they weren't involved but don't want it to come out they were doing this or that.
I can see that.

But her? It just raises all kinds of red flags.

Indianapolis public radio just reported that the FBI is cleaning up the footage of the car they are looking for and police will be releasing it tomorrow.

I just find it unusual that he did not speak up at all, obtained a lawyer pretty quickly and although it was said he was asked for DNA, it was not said if he agreed to provide it. Mostly that he didn't speak up, stick by her family, etc. since everyone including her parents mentioned how close and how in love they are.

Well how close and in love were they, really? I presume CR was allegedly beat up for being "inappropriately" affectionate toward LS? I've also seen it described as CR "bothering her." But if he was bothering her, and she didn't approve, why would she then decide to take him to his apartment? In any way, it just doesn't sound like a mere friendship to me, at least it must have not looked that way to JW's friends, or why would they allegedly beat him up? I also presume LS had to know that friends could report it back to JW, and yet she went with CR to his apartment, so it would appear she was not that concerned of what JW was going to think.

It is stated here : http://mobile.baltimoresun.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=404366&postId=404366&postUserId=46&sessionToken=&catId=5869&curAbsIndex=4&resultsUrl=DID%3D1%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A46%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A5869%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D5

It is in that article, I didn't want to link the direct quote because it does state the Frat in question and I wasn't sure if that was against the rules. Looks like JR and JW have been in the same frat for the entirety of their academic career.

Looks like the Chapter closed in 2008, or was no longer recognized by the college for hazing. They were reinstated in 2010.
It's okay to post, Lilcheese, because the sources are MSM articles. I'll go ahead and post it here because it's a pertinent question many have asked, and it helps to clarify the relatioship between key players.

Friendships forged four years ago at the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity house on the IU campus may play a role in this investigation. It was at the AEP house that Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, met Jay Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum is believed to be the last person to have seen Spierer at 4:30 a.m. at his apartment

Indianapolis public radio just reported that the FBI is cleaning up the footage of the car they are looking for and police will be releasing it tomorrow.

They must not be able to read the license plate, otherwise why would they need a footage?

They must not be able to read the license plate, otherwise why would they need a footage?

In Indiana, we only need license plates on the back, so if the camera was facing the front of the car, then unfortunately they wouldn't be able to see the plate.

Perhaps JW did assume LS was staying in that night. When she didn't answer his texts, he may have thought she went to bed early (between 12:30 and 2:30). Most college-aged couples I know do check in to say "good night" when they don't see each other. So her not responding may have raised a red flag. So maybe he texted HT to check and she didn't answer. But, not getting a hold of her probably wasn't cause for toooo much worry, so he went to bed figuring she was home, sober and asleep.

But when he still couldn't get a hold of her in the morning, that was cause for him to be worried.

Just a theory. And not necessarily a probable one at that. :)

LE really confuses me on this case. We don't have access to all the POIs cell phone records, but LE does. So LE should know if JW got any phone calls, if JR got any phone calls, if JW was calling anyone, if JR was calling anyone, if any of the POIs were exhibiting unusual calling patterns, yet LE seem to have no idea what had happened to LS.

On JW's facebook page it says class of 2011 which means he would have been set to graduate this year.Then what stay there or move back to NY?

In a previous post, I put [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6653407#post6653407"]pictures of the alley[/ame] that runs from 9th St. to 11th Street, between Morton St., and College Ave.

Also, a post of [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6655043#post6655043"]pictures of the 10th & College Ave[/ame]. area.

Pictures of some of [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6655694#post6655694"]the alley cameras[/ame]

Pictures of the area [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6656930#post6656930"]between 10th and 11th street[/ame] between Morton St, and College Ave. fucused on looking for a handrail, since thats where her keys were reported to have been found.

And an unprofessional, hacked together attempt at a [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6656047#post6656047"]"map"[/ame], for a visual aid. :lol:

I have a few more pictures now.
Starting at 9th Street in front of Bubs, behind Smallwood, looking North on Morton toward 10th, & 11th St. You can follow along on Google Street View. There is nothing to see on the west side of the street, (farthest from Smallwood).

There is an empty lot at the corner of 9th & Morton, then the first building is an apartment complex named Morton Mansions at 10th and Morton St. with for lease signs, cameras pointing to the parking lot, which is toward Smallwood and College, One camera at the main entrance, and more in the distance on the next building.
24c8n60.jpg

At the corner of 10th & Morton, I looked East up 10th, toward College Ave. There are 6 Cameras. The far building on the left with cameras is 10 & College Apartments.
2cftthj.jpg

Continuing North on Morton, are 3 more cameras on 10th & College Village apartment building.
2v9rk02.jpg

Further North on Morton, another camera at the main entrance to 10th & College Village apartment building. As I took this picture, a friend pulled up to the curb. I leaned in his car as he asked what the heck I was doing. As a silly excuse came out of my mouth, 2 unmarked police cars pulled up just in front of him. 4 uniformed officers got out of each car, and fanned out thru the neighbor hood. You can see a few of them in a couple of these images IIRC. So, they are still out working the case. I worried a bit they might stop me and want to know why I was taking pics. :)
As I was typing this, my wife said she saw on the news that a drone was flying over Bloomington to help with the search.
m8hau8.jpg

Just North of that, a glimpse inside 10th & College Village apartment building.
noyrl5.jpg

Still on Morton, a little farther North. Another Camera. North West corner of the 10th & College Village apartment building.
294s9xt.jpg

Looking East up the alley beside 10th & College Village apartment, eastward toward College Ave.
hrj695.jpg

Continuing East up the alley toward College Ave. The 2 guys in the alley were changing a light bulb on the 10 & College apartments building, at College Ave. I asked them about the bulb, and they said it didn't fix it, that it must be a bad fixture. The could not say if it was functioning when Lauren went missing.
img00178201106141726.jpg

The North East side of 10th & College Apartments alongside the alley. There is the camera I missed in my first post about 10th & College.
2n0rcp5.jpg

The cameras view, facing south.
2u3v4lf.jpg

Further up the alley across College Ave. Looking back westward, back at 10th & College Apartments.
2vbogpc.jpg

Moving back toward Morton, facing west on the alley
img00180201106141727.jpg

Almost back to Morton St.
aorscm.jpg

More later moving up to 5 North Apartments, where the boys live, then down College Ave., back toward Smallwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53