Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about typo with bathwater. info is he got expert to delete off hard drive and QPS have been unable to retrieve any info. like you am no expert. cant even spell ha ha

If GBC got an expert to delete data from his hard drive it must have been late on the Thursday night, early hours of Friday morning. It was reported that police consficated GBC's laptop and mobile phone at his home on the Friday morning, 20th April. Unless the hard drive was wiped prior to Thursday, in which case and IMO Allison's death was premediated.

I spoke to a friend today who confirmed TM drives a blue four wheel drive - it's a big Lexus though, not a CR-V. I'm not so sure she was actually involved in this and my friend seems to think that GBC and TM are still an item...
BIKERCHICK: I thought the Media reported that TM had gone into hiding?

Thats ok..I do plenty of typos! As I said I have heard differently regarding the computer coming from area close to investigations. Wonder whether he would have had time to get an expert in to wipe the computer given when the computers were seized, and unless it was a friend who was covering(IF GBC is perp).. you'd think they would report to QPS they had been asked to wipe the computer. Given this would likely have happened after Allison had been reported missing and the media had started covering the case. Just my thoughts.
I have also been told (I am no expert) that with modern day technology it is quite easy for forensic investigators to retrieve what has been deleted from computers.

ZOOKYLIZ: Can the neighbour with the dog describe where the dog was barking? where it ran to? What time did this happen? before 8.00pm? This could be interesting information to add to our sleuthing this case. Can you find out and report back to us please?

Hi Fuskier - the neighbors dog barking was discussed very early on in one of the threads, I have no idea which one or how to find it. One knowledgeable sleuther even knew the correct name of the dog.

Hi Fuskier - the neighbors dog barking was discussed very early on in one of the threads, I have no idea which one or how to find it. One knowledgeable sleuther even knew the correct name of the dog.

Scraps : )

I have also been told (I am no expert) that with modern day technology it is quite easy for forensic investigators to retrieve what has been deleted from computers.

Yes, thats what I was unsure of. I know if you delete something its possible to retrieve. But I believe- and am no expert, that it is possible to wipe and have no trace of it..if you know how.

I do not agree that police attending the night before would necessarily lead to GBC's immediate arrest (note: IF they did in fact attend). The poster did not allude to who called the police, or for what reason.
Neighbours may have called the police after hearing a loud argument (and an argument was mentioned in early media reports). This would not necessarily mean that there was violence involved. Nor does it mean that it was GBC was the one causing the most commotion. Let us not forget that ABC was the one in this relationship that had the most reason to be aggrieved.
It has been mentioned by several posters that GBC had scratches BEFORE that fatal night. IMO, I'm seeing a "battered husband" defence.

PS There is software available to effectively "ghost" a hard drive (I used to work for a Government Department, and we did this to PC's before donating them to schools etc. However, I do not believe this happened in this case.

All of the computers that were retrieved couldn't be blank because GBC retrieved photographs from the police station for the funeral. I doubt they would have been photo albums. IMO
:notgood:

Ha ha! YES! thanks possomheart. I forgot that bit also. you go to the top of the class!

You know, IF I had murdered my partner in an unpremeditated moment of anger-insanity and then realised what I had done, and realised I would eventually be caught, I would do EVERYTHING in my power to have a few more minutes with my children.

ANYTHING.

Even if I had no doubt the truth would come out, I would breathe every ounce of my being in to be able to cast my eyes on their faces, to hear their laughter, to hold their hand or kiss them goodnight just once more. I could possibly even LIE to them in the belief that I will be found out, and that after that happpens, they
will disown me, and I may never see them again. NOW is ALL I HAVE LEFT.

MOO

If GBC got an expert to delete data from his hard drive it must have been late on the Thursday night, early hours of Friday morning. It was reported that police consficated GBC's laptop and mobile phone at his home on the Friday morning, 20th April. Unless the hard drive was wiped prior to Thursday, in which case and IMO Allison's death was premediated.

Yes very valid. I asked my informant and they said same thing . must have got it done in a hurry and by a friend. or else coincidence if business was going bad may have wanted a lot of financial and other info deleted. still suss about BC seniors computer though.MOO

New to the discussion . Have a friend who is friends with a good friend of Allisons best friend ( you know how that works !) but word is it was all planned , Sister or GBC's father was an accomplice , & the body was thrown from the bridge. GBC had been wanting a divorce & Allison was trying to make it work. Alot of friction between the two sides of the family for a long time. Apparently at the roundabout CCTV footage or witnesses saw a female passenger. A bit vague on this bit . Sorry . Also its openly thought in the local area , that he did it . Thats all I can contribute at the moment . I believe the police want an airtight case because of past mistakes on the Sica case.

ZOOKYLIZ: Can the neighbour with the dog describe where the dog was barking? where it ran to? What time did this happen? before 8.00pm? This could be interesting information to add to our sleuthing this case. Can you find out and report back to us please?

It would be great to know that information, as most dogs are nosier than websleuthers when it comes to what's going on around the place, IMO.

ps I love dogs!:blushing:

I do not agree that police attending the night before would necessarily lead to GBC's immediate arrest (note: IF they did in fact attend). The poster did not allude to who called the police, or for what reason.
Neighbours may have called the police after hearing a loud argument (and an argument was mentioned in early media reports). This would not necessarily mean that there was violence involved. Nor does it mean that it was GBC was the one causing the most commotion. Let us not forget that ABC was the one in this relationship that had the most reason to be aggrieved.
It has been mentioned by several posters that GBC had scratches BEFORE that fatal night. IMO, I'm seeing a "battered husband" defence.

PS There is software available to effectively "ghost" a hard drive (I used to work for a Government Department, and we did this to PC's before donating them to schools etc. However, I do not believe this happened in this case.

Thanks for the post. yes the computer thing doesn't add up. From what I've heard and possmheart just pointed out that GBC went to police to retrieve photos off of the computer for Allisons funeral.

I didn't think it necessarily would mean an immediate arrest. They still have to build a case and gather the evidence. I just think he might be more publicly and officially POI and quite possibly arrest before now. But its JMO. I still think its likely that police when visiting that night would want to talk to both parties, but it doesn't mean it played out that way.

Yes, thats what I was unsure of. I know if you delete something its possible to retrieve. But I believe- and am no expert, that it is possible to wipe and have no trace of it..if you know how.

Your could reformat the hard drive, I think GBC was touted to be a mac user. But as I said, not everything was blank because he retrieved the photos for the funeral service.:bang:

Maverik1, it's not easy but in can be done. There are a lot of if's and but's in retrieving computer data and I won't bore you with it all. It is dependent on when data was deleted and new data added which would overwrite the old data etc. and how much room the hard drive has to store old data before it is overwritten. Deleting files etc. doesn't mean they are deleted from your computer. They can still be accessed unless new data needs the space on the hard drive and overwrites what is already there.

Having said that, I believe that police now have specific software to access old data on hard drives.

Does that make sense? :floorlaugh:

Your could reformat the hard drive, I think GBC was touted to be a mac user. But as I said, not everything was blank because he retrieved the photos for the funeral service.:bang:

Yep. Reformatting is what I was thinking.

You know, IF I had murdered my partner in an unpremeditated moment of anger-insanity and then realised what I had done, and realised I would eventually be caught, I would do EVERYTHING in my power to have a few more minutes with my children.

ANYTHING.

Even if I had no doubt the truth would come out, I would breathe every ounce of my being in to be able to cast my eyes on their faces, to hear their laughter, to hold their hand or kiss them goodnight just once more. I could possibly even LIE to them in the belief that I will be found out, and that after that happpens, they
will disown me, and I may never see them again. NOW is ALL I HAVE LEFT.
That's a really interesting perspective and a senario I haven't thought of previously. I'm not sure what I would do, but I do think it maybe depends on the age of your children. If young (like the Baden-Clay children) then maybe yes, but if older (like mine are now) and living their own lives away from home then I'm not sure I would.

Hmmm... food for thought...

If the scenario you want to paint is that Allison went for a walk and didn't return - you dress her and leave her out in the bush. It wouldn't make sense to leave her naked in the bush

JMO

In my opinion, leaving someone in the bush naked could mean the perp had little attachment/regard for them and/or the murder was sex related.
However, whoever left Allison in the bush, left her fully clothed it would appear. This could show regard for Allison or someone that knew her, IMO

Yep. Reformatting is what I was thinking.

In case anyone is thinking of formatting their hard drive to completely remove data to get away with a crime...(though I'm sure all our sleuthers are honest, law abiding citizens ;)...don't bother. Even I (without the plethora of police resources) could retrieve your data quite easily.

What if police were called to a Domestic at 8pm on the Thursday and when they got there at 9pm Allison and her car were not there, hence the original time of disappearance being set as early as 8pm. In DV situation patrol cars often hang around for a while or cruise by later to make sure things have settled down. They may have seen Allison drive back to the house at around 11pm and all appeared to be calm and therefore they assumed all was ok to leave. Does anyone have the link to the reporter asking a question about whether it was correct that the car had been returned to the house at 11 o'clock and Ainsworth replies " that's news to me" after this, their enquiry changed to what happened after 11pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member