Penn State Sandusky Trial #12 (GUILTY-post verdict discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Sandusky case has now evolved into a feautured case discussion forum, someone might want to start a new thread on this particular aspect.

Done.

Forums are a bit different, peeps. For example, we will eventually do away with the General Discussion Thread altogether, and each topic will be assigned its own thread within this forum.

Some threads you might find helpful now or in the future:

- JS Sentencing
- Legal Action Against Spanier
- Legal Action Against Curley
- Legal Action Against Schultz
- Sanctions for Penn State Football? (potential poll thread)
- Statue of JoePa (another good potential poll thread)
- All Things Second Mile
- Paterno Family Response to Freeh Report

And more.

To create a new thread, go to the first page of the forum and look for the "New Thread" button just underneath the Sticky where the old General Discussion forums are.

As we add more threads, please do your best not to turn any of them back into a General Discussion thread--if a comment on the Freeh Report makes you think of something about Spanier, then post it on the Spanier thread.

Also, when you think of a thread topic, check first to make sure it is not a duplicate of a thread that already exists perhaps with a slightly different name.

Enjoy exploring your new space (and thanks to JBean, Kimster, Beach, SoSueMe, and everyone who helped build it for us!)...

:seeya:

Ynot

I am not surprised by this one bit. I wonder if these victims are from The Second Mile as well. I wonder if Jerry Sandusky molested people when he was an adolescent.

Some of them predate the 1977 founding of TSM.

Would love to know who gave him job references?
He was not allowed, but the head coach there at the time let him coached.

This article is from 2011.:seeya:
I know it was dated from 2011. I felt like this should be brought up again as he even slipped through the cracks while being investigated and barred from coaching.

I know it was dated from 2011. I felt like this should be brought up again as he even slipped through the cracks while being investigated and barred from coaching.

Two Juniata College football players tell CBS 21 News that Sandusky was actively involved with the Eagles program in 2010, even though his volunteer coaching application was rejected because a background check revealed he was being investigated at a Clinton County High School.

This just gets better and better. :(

Hope the media follows up and asks the head coach at Juniata College, at the time, if he spoke with any of the coaching staff at Penn State before allowing JS to coach and in particular Joe Paterno. And then of course what was said in this discussion.

Hope the media follows up and asks the head coach at Juniata College, at the time, if he spoke with any of the coaching staff at Penn State before allowing JS to coach and in particular Joe Paterno. And then of course what was said in this discussion.

They did. The coaches told staff not to admit Sandusky; he weaseled his way into the booth at a couple of games.

They did. The coaches told staff not to admit Sandusky; he weaseled his way into the booth at a couple of games.

To bad he is protected in jail... I hope one guard has a medical problem one day and faints while the wild heard gets to the SOB.
I despise people who harm children. and those who close ther eyes.

EXCLUSIVE: Denied job after background check, Jerry Sandusky still coached at Juniata
http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...s-Juniata-College/GemajxS3mkGwHLfChNsgtw.cspx

I do not know if this had been mentioned before. This is disturbing he managed to coach Juniata football while being investigated.

It does not matter how old the article is.. it only fuels my anger at the pedophile even more, and the system that allowed it.

I had a very hard time reading all the details of this case. NOW all I hope for is that they all rot.
And that better programs come about with more accountability.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-09/victim-1-sandusky-witness/56278226/1

"The public backlash, Gillum said, was almost immediate and jarring. Within weeks, the boy's mother reported to state investigators that she was confronted in a Lock Haven business by an unhappy local resident who had learned that her son had been linked to the allegations triggering Sandusky's removal as a volunteer.

The child's identity spread rapidly through the community, the psychologist said, making him and his mother the target of harassment — and ultimately threats of harm — by locals upset that Sandusky had been dismissed from the school.

School officials did not respond to requests for comment."

What a vile evil "happy valley" empire Paterno built up!

Hi all!

You've been doing a great job of splitting the discussion out into various topic-specific threads, as evidenced by the decreased number of comments here the last few days. Thank you for that, and for keeping your conversations respectful and focused.

I will be closing this last general discussion thread later this evening, and it will take its place with its 11 sibling threads up above.

If there is further need for a thread to review and discuss events that happened at the trial, we can create one, but it will need to be topic-specific and you will be held to that standard when posting. (For example, "JS's Defense Team's Strategy" would be a better thread topic than "The Trial.")

Just a head's up, and thank you again!
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members