17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
FL 17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #6 - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From above post:

"Again, many of you are just saying things to try and support your conclusions about GZ's guilt. The fact is that no school has any class or curriculum on Florida's Stand Your Ground law; much less Seminole State Community College."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/
showthread.php?p=7722230#post7722230

From above post:

"That's not true. I am a dual board certified criminal defense attorney, and until I wrote my blog the other night, I was unsure of the in and outs of the Stand Your Ground law."

Well being that he is very close to the Dooley case, I am sure he has took it upon himself to look into the SYG laws? Just because they don't have a class on it, doesn't mean that GZ didn't know about it? He could have known about it? We don't know?

Point being, you assert their version doesn't agree with everyone else, when EVERYONE ELSE can't even agree on what their version is. Just saying.
Did you hear the screams on the 911 tapes? The screams Cutcher claimed to never hear, right outside her window? It surely didn't sound like "whining" to me.

Well being that he is very close to the Dooley case, I am sure he has took it upon himself to look into the SYG laws? Just because they don't have a class on it, doesn't mean that GZ didn't know about it? He could have known about it? We don't know?

We also don't know that Mr. Hornsby is aware of every subject discussed in every CJ class in Florida, either. :)

Well, I hate to leave, but I gotta fix dinner :) I always enjoy reading everyone's opinions, especially when they differ from mine :)

True...Homes was used back in the day...I believe today the word 'son' is used...I hear it all the time...Yo' son, wanna play some bball...:what:

I believe those are GZ's own words to again support his SYG defense..along with the mini western of, you're gonna die tonight, you got me...all out of the mouth of one I consider to be incredible...
BBM

I totally agree. When I first read this ridiculous garbage, it made sick. Me thinks GZ watches too many cop shows/westerns. After all, how else could he brush up on his wannabe cop persona? :rolleyes:

Sure. And that hypothetical situation somewhat poorly explaining the potential gravity of head trauma has been twisted into "Zimmerman only being moments away from being in diapers". I think there's a clear meaning behind what the brother said, and others have turned that into Zimmerman was literally a blow away from being in diapers.
Why do you say it was a hypothetical situation when that statement was made to this question?

MORGAN: Right. So you believe, as a family -- is this what George told you the next day? That Trayvon was trying to grab his gun to use against him?

He asked others to. We don't even know what happened to his phone. It's also generally advised that you not call the police yourself after such an incident and get someone else to (unless you're the only one present, of course).

Not to mention it's kinda difficult to dial a phone when you've got a 9mm in your hand.

IMO MOO JMO

Are you sure about that? It seems to me that hate crimes involve hate, animus. Not suspicion, or fear. Just because a person of one race finds a person of another race suspicious is not, by itself, evidence of racism or racial hatred.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

In the quote from HiHater that you repeated in your post, s/he was responding to my hypothetical that asserted it isn't illegal for private citizens to simply form negative opinions about others based on race.

So the racial animus was assumed as part of the hypothetical. HiHater was just saying that the animus IS considered once an overt illegal act has been committed against a member of the despised group.

Why do you say it was a hypothetical situation when that statement was made to this question?

MORGAN: Right. So you believe, as a family -- is this what George told you the next day? That Trayvon was trying to grab his gun to use against him?
I meant it as more of a hypothetical demonstration of what was going through Zimmerman's mind. It doesn't strike me as a statement of his physical condition at the time.

Not to mention it's kinda difficult to dial a phone when you've got a 9mm in your hand.

IMO MOO JMO
First, it's not. I've dialed 911 while shouldering a shotgun. And second, no witnesses (even Cutcher!) have claimed to see him with a gun after the shooting.

First, it's not. I've dialed 911 while shouldering a shotgun. And second, no witnesses (even Cutcher!) have claimed to see him with a gun after the shooting.

No, even despite being barely conscious, a step away from diapers and being spoon fed, he somehow managed to get the gun back in its holster.

~jmo~

No, even despite being barely conscious, a step away from diapers and being spoon fed, he somehow managed to get the gun back in its holster.

~jmo~
How hard do you think it is to slide a metal object into a leather or polyester sheath?

In the quote from HiHater that you repeated in your post, s/he was responding to my hypothetical that asserted it isn't illegal for private citizens to simply form negative opinions about others based on race.

So the racial animus was assumed as part of the hypothetical. HiHater was just saying that the animus IS considered once an overt illegal act has been committed against a member of the despised group.

Was the hypothetical that every "negative" opinion about someone outside your race/gender/sexual preference is "animus." IMO, that is ambiguous to the point of indiscernible. And not very practical from a safety standpoint when you are, like me, a small woman who has received her share of hostile attention from men throughout her life. Granted, I don't carry a gun so I'm not in danger of shooting anyone. But still, I reserve the right to be suspicious of any man that creeps me out (and even ones that don't).

Here is another quote, from the book, "The Art of Worldly Wisdom" that I believe can be used in this case as I believe that George falls under this category:

Don't be accusing. There are evil-minded people who would make everything a crime, not because they care, but because they can. They condemn everybody: some for what they have done, others for what they may do. It is the sign of a narrow mind, as cruel as it is vile, for they charge so immoderately that of specks they fashion beams with which to put out the eyes. In the midst of excitement, they push everything to extremes. The large soul, on the other hand, finds an excuse for everything, if not in intention then inattention.

The Art of Worldly Wisdom - Baltasar Gracian.

That is the last quote I will post, but it really does make you think?

~jmo~

Yes he did and without shooting his Fruit of the Looms off, too.

I've been lurking for a bit, but I just wanted to say how much I personally agree with that.

I absolutely think that making Martin a less sympathetic victim is the end goal for far too many people. IMO, that is the primary reason why people argue so hard against his status as a minor, and it is also why his height and weight appears to be in such great dispute. For example, the police report puts him at 6'0" and 160lbs. Yet I've seen many posts that refer to him as taller and heavier - I had a recent discussion with someone who insisted Martin was 6'5" and weighed 190lbs. People want Martin to be bigger than he was because that makes him a more imposing figure, and makes Zimmerman's claim of a struggle far more dire.

IMO, people aren't looking for the "truth," or "accuracy" when they insist that Martin was not a kid, or make irrelevant claims about his school record, etc. What they're looking for is justification for Martin's death, and reasons to absolve Zimmerman of the shooting.

:welcome: and what a wonderful, thought provoking and accurate post!

Was the hypothetical that every "negative" opinion about someone outside your race/gender/sexual preference is "animus." IMO, that is ambiguous to the point of indiscernible. And not very practical from a safety standpoint when you are, like me, a small woman who has received her share of hostile attention from men throughout her life. Granted, I don't carry a gun so I'm not in danger of shooting anyone. But still, I reserve the right to be suspicious of any man that creeps me out (and even ones that don't).

But I doubt if you would track this person down to try and see if you could catch him in the act of doing something he was not suppose to be doing. And that would be because you are smart enough to know that there are some things you leave up to the professionals to do. Someone who is trained in handling these types of matters. I know if someone creeped me out the last thing I would want to do is check him out to see what he was up to. I'd call 911 and wait for the car. Had GZ done this, TM would have been safely home and GZ would still be complaining...."they always get away." Makes you think about those that got away may have done nothing wrong and may have been staying with friends within the community. jmo

NO.. not at all nothing visible. JUST a bang to the head. :(

I also had a buddy in Charlotte NC - sweetest Men I knew.
One day about 12 years ago his wife calls me from the Hospital to tell me that Tommy is gone.
He was playing freezebe with his Dog - he tripped hit his head continued to play; later he felt strange, my girl friend /his wife insisted to take him to emergency, he did not want to go and she would not have it….She took him. That night he was gone. No blood nothing.

I agree with the brother one more hit to a head can create for someone to end up with diapers.

OK. To use your examples.

Both your friend's husband and Natasha R. felt well enough after their head injuries to refuse treatment, to tragic effect. I'm sorry for your friend's loss. But obviously both of them had critical injuries and didn't know it.

Yet GZ was somehow able to just know that one more blow would put him in diapers?

OK. To use your examples.

Both your friend's husband and Natasha R. felt well enough after their head injuries to refuse treatment, to tragic effect. I'm sorry for your friend's loss. But obviously both of them had critical injuries and didn't know it.

Yet GZ was somehow able to just know that one more blow would put him in diapers?
Would that be an unreasonable thought to go through your mind as someone's repeatedly bashing your head into the ground?

How hard do you think it is to slide a metal object into a leather or polyester sheath?

I have no idea, have no gun nor a desire to carry one. I'm quite satisfied not to think I'm a big man just because I have one strapped to my waistline.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member