TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry if you guys have discussed this already - I'm pretty time poor and don't always read all the postings on each thread.

However, has anyone given any thought as to *why* the only confirmed fact (other than that Holly is missing) was the information about her lunch box being found?

I've been racking my brain, and cannot come up with any suggestion as to why they confirmed that, but nothing else. There has to be a reason for it.

We'd like to think they have a reason for everything they're doing, but sometimes we're not so sure. I guess I shouldn't speak for others, but I know there are those who trust in what LE is doing and those who believe the case is being bungled and that there's no rhyme nor reason to what's being released and what's not. Those who believe LE is doing the best they can believe that there is a reason behind which information they are releasing and which they are keeping close to the vest, as in maybe they think it would be damaging to the investigation if they release the descriptions of the other items found.

I think people "see" what makes the most sense to them, why would her brother expect to see his sister being abducted? The man resembled the BF enough for his brain to decide that was what he was seeing so that is what he thought. If Holly was motioning or gesturing oddly, he may have processed it differently, but she must have appeared, from the back at least, to be walking in a voluntary way.

I lived in the same neighborhood where this happened. My friend is married to the guy's brother that they suspected all along. He lived a hellish life up until DNA proved everyone wrong. My own daughter was kidnapped, I didn't see her again for 6 years...Therefore, the reason I return here. Sad, but true! BTW...My daughter was found alive, and well! She is the light of my life...

6 years?

now THAT is hell.

It's none of our business...but...if you are so inclined - who took your daughter? Was justice served?

I would have sent you a private message, but don't know how to do it, and don't even know if I have those privileges.

You don't know how glad I am to hear you say this. I too am a single woman living in the country (Benton County). I moved here from Northern Illinois and have lived here for a year. Up until Holly's disappearance, I felt very safe. I never closed the curtains, left the back door wide open at night, really thought that I could practically walk around naked in my backyard if I wanted to, and nobody would be the wiser.

I wasn't even aware of the SO in Benton County who was arrested on 4/19 for stalking women until I read it here.

I've become VERY uncomfortable - won't even go out to my car after dark. I do NOT like feeling these feelings.

There is something that rings true in ignorance being bliss, and living an oblivious sort of life.......

Thank you for sharing your feelings - I thought it was just me becoming overly paranoid.

I hope that big dogs and a shotgun are enough protection if necessary.

Also, something that keeps coming back to my head is something I learned on the Oprah show - NEVER, EVER let an attacker take you to another location...

Boy, that felt good to get it out there.

For now, I am NOT Happy Bonnie.

none of us are happy, Bonnie. :grouphug:

On the post that said how Oprah's show taught to never let them take you to another location- I have heard that too. They say that you should kick, scream, do whatever you have to. If they have a weapon, and you are moving, there's a small chance that you would get a fatal would. But realistically- if you go anywhere other than that original site, you are not making it out alive.

yup.

"faint"
maybe even have an epileptic episode. ;) and pass out. limp.

I think people "see" what makes the most sense to them, why would her brother expect to see his sister being abducted? The man resembled the BF enough for his brain to decide that was what he was seeing so that is what he thought. If Holly was motioning or gesturing oddly, he may have processed it differently, but she must have appeared, from the back at least, to be walking in a voluntary way.

No, I'm not saying that he should have realized that his sister was being abducted. That is not the point I was trying to make. Who's first thought would be, "I'm witnessing an abduction?" Not most people's first thought.
On the other hand, though, why would he think it was normal for her BF to show up on their property when his sis is going to work? Unless that happened frequently, most people would at least stop for a second and think, "hmm, something is different." I would think a big brother who had even the slightest inkling that something was out of the ordinary would at least look a little longer, not necessarily walk down and investigate, but would look to make sure what he was seeing was something normal.
Just to be clear for the moderator's sake, I"m not blaming the brother for anything, I'm merely pointing out that his reaction to what he saw suggests that Holly was not in fear at that precise moment. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Respectfully,

IMO, this person knew Holly's schedule was about to change and took action based on that knowledge.

I wish I'd seen that article weeks ago.

But it's okay, b/c I'm pretty sure LE has their guy, and is just looking for evidence. :(

:cow:

I have 4 brothers.

At that age, they were just ... intuitive idiots. Seriously. If they had the passing thought that I was with my boyfriend - that would have been it. They would have had not another thought - other than getting to work on time...

:cow: My brothers had no access to their intuition until they were in their mid-20's. I mean, they went to college, graduated, had good jobs, and were very bright but ... socially... my experience says ... they were idiots, and I guess that's why Clint gets a pass from my judgment.

Holly's brother will never be the same. He is a victim, 2nd only to Holly.
I hope the whole family is already getting him counseling.

I had managed to block out for the most part just how badly our LE screwed up Elizabeth Smart's case... I've looked into it all over again because of Holly's case... I really hope LE in Holly's case isn't making similar mistakes.

I had blocked out the fact that the dogs were leading them straight to Elizabeth... less than a week after her abduction... and the handlers were all excited... and the COPS decided they had "walked long enough." They still had 2+ hours till dark. :banghead:

In Plain Sight: The Startling Truth Behind the Elizabeth Smart Investigation
By Tom Smart and Lee Benson

That's not unusual, unfortunately. I've heard the same in other missing persons' cases as well. :( If it were me, I'll let them search all over my property, inside and out!

Not even just searches or missing person's cases.

We are getting ready to have major flooding... the worst since 1983... the city is coming in and cleaning out the creeks, putting up sandbags and doing other things to do what they can to protect homes.

There was at least one guy who just simply refused to allow them on his property. This isn't a search... they would just be working in his yard. :waitasec:

They said if it comes down to it, protecting the rest of the homes will override trespassing and they can go anyway. But he must really dislike government or have something major to hide... if he wants to clean the debris out himself, sandbag by himself and do whatever else needs to be done!

People are strange...

Holly's brother Clint is in his mid 20's... he's 25.

I just thought I'd clarify... If it's relevant... lol

I have 4 brothers.

At that age, they were just ... intuitive idiots. Seriously. If they had the passing thought that I was with my boyfriend - that would have been it. They would have had not another thought - other than getting to work on time...

:cow: My brothers had no access to their intuition until they were in their mid-20's. I mean, they went to college, graduated, had good jobs, and were very bright but ... socially... my experience says ... they were idiots, and I guess that's why Clint gets a pass from my judgment.

Holly's brother will never be the same. He is a victim, 2nd only to Holly.
I hope the whole family is already getting him counseling.

Holly's brother Clint is in his mid 20's... he's 25.

I just thought I'd clarify... If it's relevant... lol

I realize that. I'm sure every man's maturity clock is different. Holly's brother was, apparently, still living at home... :cow:

I realize that. I'm sure every man's maturity clock is different. Holly's brother was, apparently, still living at home... :cow:

Eh, I wouldn't factor the living at home into anything. From what I've heard, he has a good job and is an upstanding member of the community. Emma, I love all of your posts, and this is nothing personal at all, but I wouldn't imply that he's slow or immature or anything like that. I definitely agree with your first post about how young men don't tend to pay attention to their sisters hanging out with their boyfriends. I don't find it odd at all that Clint didn't look further. He's 25 and Holly is 20. For all he knew she had planned something with her bf before school. At that age, you don't tell your brother everything you are doing, and I doubt they discussed her plans for the day before going to sleep the night before. I don't think Clint's living at home implies anything, but I don't fault him at all for not looking more closely. The dynamic between brothers and sisters is just that way sometimes, and even in cases where brother and sister are very close, which he and Holly were from everything I've read, what he saw obviously didn't look suspicious to him for whatever reason. He thought it was the boyfriend, and he wasn't going to butt into Holly's business. I'm sure he feels awful about it, but he did nothing wrong IMO. It's unfortunate that he didn't see more, but it's not his fault.

My brothers never would have had any clue about my schedule or what was usual for me in the morning, I have to say. I know it is being said that this family is especially close, which may be true, but still, I think it would be more unusual if a brother knew exactly what time his sister was supposed to be at school and what her morning routine consisted of, I guess...

I know that there were some times released of 911 calls, but I am not sure that they were released by LE. The ONLY thing that has been verified thus far that I know of is that they found Holly's lunch box 8 miles from her house. Everything else has been rumor.

The 7:59 a.m. timing of the first 911 call was not rumor. It came directly from the sheriff. Not that that makes it gospel or anything, but it wasn't rumor. I think if the sheriff were still the one giving out the info, we would know a lot more right now, but TBI is holding to their silence, and that means that we are all pretty much out of the info loop.

Eh, I wouldn't factor the living at home into anything. From what I've heard, he has a good job and is an upstanding member of the community. Emma, I love all of your posts, and this is nothing personal at all, but I wouldn't imply that he's slow or immature or anything like that. I definitely agree with your first post about how young men don't tend to pay attention to their sisters hanging out with their boyfriends. I don't find it odd at all that Clint didn't look further. He's 25 and Holly is 20. For all he knew she had planned something with her bf before school. At that age, you don't tell your brother everything you are doing, and I doubt they discussed her plans for the day before going to sleep the night before. I don't think Clint's living at home implies anything, but I don't fault him at all for not looking more closely. The dynamic between brothers and sisters is just that way sometimes, and even in cases where brother and sister are very close, which he and Holly were from everything I've read, what he saw obviously didn't look suspicious to him for whatever reason. He thought it was the boyfriend, and he wasn't going to butt into Holly's business. I'm sure he feels awful about it, but he did nothing wrong IMO. It's unfortunate that he didn't see more, but it's not his fault.

oh I totally agree, it's not his fault. I think folks (some folks) expect far too much of him. I really do have 4 brothers. Not a one lived at home after 18. Yet, it's not the living at home factor for me...it's the age... and ... the fact :innocent:that guys just don't pick up on all the signals girls do.

I don't mean to minimize a brother's love at all. I was just making an observation based on experience.

oh I totally agree, it's not his fault. I think folks (some folks) expect far too much of him. I really do have 4 brothers. Not a one lived at home after 18. Yet, it's not the living at home factor for me...it's the age... and ... the fact :innocent:that guys just don't pick up on all the signals girls do.

I don't mean to minimize a brother's love at all. I was just making an observation based on experience.

Yep, I think we're pretty much all on the same page about this : ) Sorry for the confusion about the living at home statement.

I cannot imagine anyone refusing to let them search!!! Dang are they afraid LE will see what all they have???LOL, that just blows my mind...I would do anything in the world if I thought it would help find a missing person....search whatever I have!!!! Just makes no sense to me,IMO.

Maybe you're not familiar with LE searches. There's a big difference between searching and looking. Searchers take everything out and just leave it for owners to put things back together. In essence, they often make a real mess. So, I can understand the reluctance for searchers to come onto someone's property.

I know LE mentioned for searchers to look for her purse, books, keys or a phone but I never heard mention of a backpack.

If Holly had clinicals that day she might not have been taking books or a back pack. Packing a lunch could mean that she only had 30 minutes to eat at a hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong