Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

She has lost a granddaughter she loved dearly.
She has lost a daughter she loved dearly.
Her daughter will be convicted of murder.
Her once quiet, life will be forever a media circus.
The world will never desist judging her.
She has been proven to be a liar in front of the world.
She may have to watch the State kill her daughter.
She has and will continue to be vilified in the media and on chat boards everywhere.
She will probably never be able to work as a nurse again.

Punishment enough for the sin of trying to protect her family. Cindy is no angel, but she isn't the devil incarnate either. She's a MOTHER.

JMHO

Yes, her many blatant lies through this whole mess, the brush, her doing her best to derail the justice system, and especially for her lies on the stand this last time about the computer searches. I hope HH comes down on her with a hammer. She had me feeling sorry for her when she cried listening to the 911 call, but after what she did following that, I do hope she gets what she deserves.

Apparently Cindy lying on the stand under oath is OK if Nancy Grace says so.

And if I hear NG say one more time that ICA, "Set Cindy up for perjury," I swear...

.....I'm gonna.... I'm gonna....

....stir my tea with a dirty spoon.

moo

No. It will be a waste of resources. Move On.

Let me add that I have been thinking alot about this this morning. I think it did Casey more harm than help with Cindy getting up on that stand and lying. If I were a juror, I would think "hmmmm...why lie if there is nothing to cover up".

My guess is we won’t see any perjury charges against CA once this trial is over. Here’s why……CA told the biggest most obvious lies about the chloroform searches and they were shown to be fabrications. Anyone would know how easy it would be to prove she couldn’t have made the searches once her work records were examined, so why did she lie knowing she would get caught? Did she cut a deal with the SA and tailor her testimony to discredit her daughter and thus save herself from prosecution for previous perjury even though she was committing perjury again by saying she made the searches? The only thing that rings true is that she wanted the world to know that only her daughter could have made those searches and that the murder of Caylee was in fact premeditated by none other than ICA who was the only person that could have made the searches. It seems to me she wants ICA convicted of murder 1 rather than have her lies used against her. One big question remains with this scenario though….Why in the world would JB solicit this false testimony knowing it would be proven to be false? Can’t figure that one out……..Was he hoping all CA’s testimony would be thrown out and thus neutralize all her testimony? Time will tell I guess, or maybe it won’t.

I was kinda on the fence about this until last nite. Greta VS had ICA special on last nite. She was showing some interviews with CA from 2008. First let me say, good lord these people cannot give a simple answer, ramble, ramble, ramble.

With that being said, after watching these interviews, I finally decided I think there should be some kind of punishment. I understand the grieving mother/grandmother thing, but CA was nasty and so obviously covering for ICA from way back.

Like mother like daughter, they both became very media savvy and I believe were in competition for the spotlight.

From the very beginning when she gave wrong hairbrush to investigators, to the day she decided she was going to lie on the stand, she thought she could control everything.

She should suffer some sort of consequence.

BBM~

I watched this too, and I don't
recall seeing that footage before.
It was stunning to watch, knowing what we know now...
CA goes on and on and on about ICA's fake job,
goes into the fake scholarship that she couldn't take because of Caylee,
(nevermind that she didn't finish high school)
on and on and on...

I have no doubt that this family has suffered terribly
because of ICA throughout the years,
but I agree that enough is enough...they need to stop the insanity
and face the facts...they will never be able to properly mourn Caylee and heal if they don't face the fact that ICA is responsible for it. I firmly believe that they have been covering for her most of her life,
and the whole family has spent years trying to cover for the fact that ICA is NOT NORMAL. Casey IS the Anthony Family secret, IMO.

:twocents:

Yes I think she should be prosecuted but I think it is dangerous to say things like she is "well aware Casey killed the baby." I think it is a HUGE leap for a parent to go from thinking your daughter is a princess to thinking she is a murderer. Everything points to Casey being a normal chick up until that moment (and actually after it) just lazy (a trait MANY of her generation has)....though we think we do, we do not know Casey like Cindy does. I think very well that there's a big difference between the murderous Casey and the girl they knew for 23+ years.

Cindy stated she believed the nanny story up until 6 weeks before the trial began.....there's a lot of catching up to US that she has to do.

BUT you cannnot lie on the witness stand - she should be charged but I wouldn't "throw the book" at her....just enough a sentence to sting so she doesn't lie on the appeal.

When Cindy and George were informed of Casey's defense that Caylee accidentally drowned in the pool and George found her and assisted in a cover-up and also sexually abused Casey; that had to be what snatched them out of denial at that point in time if they didn't think so before. Therefore, when Cindy lied last week she was well aware that Casey killed the baby. It wasn't an accident and Casey searched chloroform and neck breaking along with the other sinster searches.

Cindy does deserve 15 years in prison.

well all i have to say then all the other high profile people such as celebs presidents ect should do jail time right along with her .. so her geting away with perjury is nothing new .. other ppl get away with it . it should apply to EVERYONE who lies on the stand but it doesnt.. im not saying cindy should get away with lying no . but i just dont think its fair if she is made an example because that is what the public wants .. and yet others that are famous dont see the inside of a cell and not only that her lying on the stand sealed caseys fate even worse .. so mabey we should be thankful she did ? if she had nothing to hide why did cindy feel the need to do that ect.. JMO

I think GA knew from the get go but I am not convinced CA believed it at first. I also don't think it has been proven that she gave the wrong brush - I tend to think that sounds too much like a rumor in the media than fact.

I believe GA was always truthful with the police - maybe not the media but certainly the police.

I believe she should be prosecuted. Perjury was just the latest in a long list of crimes committed by her to save her daughter, which tells me she knew all along who killed Caylee and that Caylee was indeed dead. I think both CA and GA should be prosecuted.

I've been watching and listening to CA since this whole tragic murder was known. Watching CA on GVS, I knew immediately the toddler was dead and murdered by her mother. CA portrayed herself as a tireless, though wilting, steel magnolia. From the outset, she refused to answer questions about Casey, as did George early on, wanting only to say Caylee was MISSING.
I believe they knew when they toured the back yard what had happened and went into spin mode. The ladder, the gate...

Stonewalling the investigation under the guise that law enforcement was not doing their job, looking only at Casey, while they continued to stir the angry citizen pot with cries for Zenaida, without a care for what could have happened to the Zenaida (or her children) we saw or the countless others they practically pointed out to the press and what cities to look in.

GA went to LE and tried work a deal for Casey. He knew.
Cindy practically pee'd herself with glee as she turned over the wrong hairbrush to FBI. She knew.

They concocted the JBP story. They concocted the pool ladder story with the gate being open. They committed fraud on a sympathetic public, taking donations.

Both should be charged with perjury, misprision, tampering with evidence, witness tampering, lying to LE, fraud, whatever else you can throw at them that I am forgetting this morning.

I think it depends on the verdict whether they touch her or not. But I think you're probably right that they'll leave well enough alone - her answers were so all over the place it might actually be hard to prove she KNOWINGLY lied...there's a lot of "perhaps" and "maybes" in her testimony that might get her off the hook.

I'm going to take the opposite and unpopular view here, but I don't believe they will charge her with perjury. Yesterday on HLN the point was made by several people that her memory of which day she did the supposed searches could just be wrong. I think that's the way she can wiggle out of perjury charges. So now all she is doing is raising reasonable doubt.

Obviously we all know she is desperate and confused, as she has always been since the beginning of this case. And while Prosecutors may despise her for talking out of both sides of her mouth, I think they will believe she has suffered enough and just leave her alone after the trial is over.

Richard Hornsby breaks it down why Cindy should not be prosecuted for perjury!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pRxHamdQM"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Day 33, Are Cindy Anthony's Pants on FIre?‬‏[/ame]

I'm confused on a point as i have missed some testimony. It appears from yesterday there was no phone call to George regarding the pool ladder. So the pool ladder was all a lie? Was that story not told by Cindy very early in?

BBM~

I watched this too, and I don't
recall seeing that footage before.
It was stunning to watch, knowing what we know now...
CA goes on and on and on about ICA's fake job,
goes into the fake scholarship that she couldn't take because of Caylee,
(nevermind that she didn't finish high school)
on and on and on...

I have no doubt that this family has suffered terribly
because of ICA throughout the years,
but I agree that enough is enough...they need to stop the insanity
and face the facts...they will never be able to properly mourn Caylee and heal if they don't face the fact that ICA is responsible for it. I firmly believe that they have been covering for her most of her life,
and the whole family has spent years trying to cover for the fact that ICA is NOT NORMAL. Casey IS the Anthony Family secret, IMO.

:twocents:

I watched it too and the thing that really struck me is she said she spotted the ladder up when she was going out the the pool to check the chlorine levels I was under the impression that they didn't use chlorine in their pool.

I would love to for LDB to have called up CA last and asked her two questions:

Ms. Anthony, do you love your daughter? Would you do anything to save her life?

I'm sure JB would object and HHJP would sustain but it would still hammer home why CA lied---which I'm sure the jury already realized.

I would not want the SA to prosecute CA for perjury. I think the rule of not forcing spouses to testify against each other should apply to parents and children too. Especially when there is a possible DP verdict.

I think GA knew from the get go but I am not convinced CA believed it at first. I also don't think it has been proven that she gave the wrong brush - I tend to think that sounds too much like a rumor in the media than fact.

I believe GA was always truthful with the police - maybe not the media but certainly the police.

I agree the hairbrush incident could have been media driven, however, the email between LG and CA was made public. What has not been made public was any proof that CA's computer was hacked, as she claimed.
As for GA always being truthful with the police, I will refer to his LE interviews, where he talks about Cindy calling him about the pool ladder and gate, his chasing Casey, as well as his mention of JBP scenario.

I watched it too and the thing that really struck me is she said she spotted the ladder up when she was going out the the pool to check the chlorine levels I was under the impression that they didn't use chlorine in their pool.

Excellant catch!

I tried posting a topic for this but it wouldn't let me! I totally think she should be and I hope JA and LDB go forward with it! There are legit work records proving she lied (as opposed to GA whose lying can only be proven by someone else's word). They should also prosecute her for tampering with evidence!

Richard Hornsby breaks it down why Cindy should not be prosecuted for perjury!

YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Day 33, Are Cindy Anthony's Pants on FIre?‬‏

Thank you! I listened to this the other day and can most certainly agree that justice in this case for Caylee is much greater than prosecuting Cindy for perjury.

Cindy hates to be embarrassed and to be called a liar, and more than likely for the rest of her life, she will be known as a liar. After Casey's conviction, I do believe that the punishment of loosing her grand daughter, her daughter and any reputation she may have had is enough punishment.

From what I've researched, the state of FL doesn't have to be in any rush to decide on perjury for CA.

IMO - there should be no rush to do this as if there is a later reason to have to retry this case (i.e. appeals, etc.). The state will need CA to testify. Why would she in a later case if they were already prosecuting her for perjury and conversely, she is impeached before she ever takes the stand if she has a perjury conviction. Sure they could call her to the stand, and then she immediately pleads the 5th. Not a position the state prosecutors want to be in IMO.

On the other hand, I'm sure she has been advised about her perjury situation (whether Lippman will public admit it to the world or not, he knows what was proven in court yesterday). I'm sure Cindy has also seen all the debate on the news about her perjury. She has seen first hand it's not quite that easy to lie and just go on about her business as she tried to do in this case. She was most likely mortified yesterday during all that testimony - which in itself is a sentence of punishment (public humiliation) since she is so obsessed with keeping their family secrets so hidden.

I'm certain that if this case has to be retried for any reason, LDB and JA will waste no time reminding her that there is no statute of limitations on what she has already done in open court.

IMO

Perjury: Capital Offense Cases

There is no statute of limitations for prosecuting a person for perjury in a capital offense (i.e., death penalty) case in Florida (FSA Section 775.15). The same rule applies to felony homicide cases and cases carrying a potential life sentence.

Read more: Florida Perjury Statute of Limitations | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7592826_florida-perjury-statute-limitations.html#ixzz1QxXI1vuh

This is a high profile case, if Cindy is not charged with perjury what message does that send? I believe that she should be charged, the sentence I have no idea but she should be charged.
With the entire nation watching, she spit all over the American justice system. With the entire nation watching, her arrogance & audacity in commiting these CRIMES demand punishment.

I'ld be fine with 30 days in the slammer, 5 years probation, 500 hours of community service in a childrens cancer hospital (so she can watch how normal parents, grandparents, & siblings grieve) & a court ordered mental evaluation.

Another benefit of this would be that it would keep her busy & give her husband, who I believe to be a profoundly changed man, time to get the heck out of Dodge & start a life away from her.

I lean (pretty far) toward prosecution, I understand the meds, desperately trying to protect you child etc... HOWEVER she didn't forget something, misspeak or anything even remotely similar! She LIED! Invented new senarios, changed her testimony. She can't even stick to her own lies! She should be punished, even if it is merely "for show".

That all being said, tigers don't change their stripes, she surely is not going to rehabilitate herself at this season of her life. imoo

Let me add that I have been thinking alot about this this morning. I think it did Casey more harm than help with Cindy getting up on that stand and lying. If I were a juror, I would think "hmmmm...why lie if there is nothing to cover up".

I agree 100%!

I think it is dangerous to say things like she is "well aware Casey killed the baby." I think it is a HUGE leap for a parent to go from thinking your daughter is a princess to thinking she is a murderer. Everything points to Casey being a normal chick up until that moment (and actually after it) just lazy (a trait MANY of her generation has)....though we think we do, we do not know Casey like Cindy does. I think very well that there's a big difference between the murderous Casey and the girl they knew for 23+ years.

Snipped respectfully.... I agree, that is a huge leap, but what she did was blatant and obvious, not an accident. She had time to changer her testimony after getting her meds straightened out, she could have come forward at any time, but she jumped on the "Baez Express" and went for the "BOMBSHELL" courtroom surprise, these instances are not allowed, she knew she was perjuring herself.

On that note, Baez should maybe try playing lawer on TV, it seems that is as deep as his understanding of the law runs...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back