GUILTY MT - Tennielle Big Day, 3, thrown from truck, dies, Big Horn County, 3 Dec 2012

Wicíncala Was'te...beautiful little girl. Rest in Peace baby girl.

How terrible, I wonder what happened.

Sweet face little one - your life ended before you could discover the many wonders of your world. May you rest in peace.

This isn't a "tragic accident."
A tragic accident wouldn't have required the child being found in the road and then later identified.
It certainly sounds like parent involvement on this one to me.

This reminds me of a case last month where the mom left her kids by a road or field. I hope that's not the case here. I'm off to read the articles and comments. So sad...

A tragic accident wouldn't have required the child being found in the road and then later identified.

I could not agree more! This reeks of parental involvement at worst, gross negligence at best. If there is any truth to the comments then the mom has been down this road before (pun not intended). I will be shocked and ready to eat crow if the mom isn't involved.

FWIW, I just put that out there regarding "tragic accident". I'd seen the obituary for this little girls sister. I put it in the form of a question for a reason.

Somebody screwed up roayaly and then some. A dead baby just left on a highway screams of in the least neglect or endangerment. I wondered if the person who hit her may have not known they hit a little child. How she got there is another story.

Gonna check on that now. There's several LE agencies involved and maybe they were waiting until the little girl was buried to bring charges.

FWIW, I just put that out there regarding "tragic accident". I'd seen the obituary for this little girls sister. I put it in the form of a question for a reason.

Somebody screwed up roayaly and then some. A dead baby just left on a highway screams of in the least neglect or endangerment. I wondered if the person who hit her may have not known they hit a little child. How she got there is another story.

Gonna check on that now. There's several LE agencies involved and maybe they were waiting until the little girl was buried to bring charges.

Drugs and alcohol MAY be a factor.

A few more comments here:

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/Body-Discovered-that-of-Toddler-182183481.html

Little doll's obituary.

http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyl...cle_7937e1aa-d37f-5653-ba83-b8d93927ae87.html

Tennielle's name means "Prays With Her Water" and was given to her by her greatgram.

RIP sweet child.

Awww, she was such a beautiful little girl. RIP sweet one!

We visited Hardin and Little Big Horn in 2009. It's very desolate and hallowed ground in those parts. We had to take a detour across a reservation due to highway work from the POTUS' stimulus. We had an 'unofficial tail' for miles by reservation LE on a gravel road (portions of the road were paved). They turned off after I rolled down the window and started taking pictures of the western sunset with them in my passenger side rearview mirror...nothing to see here, just another tourist!.:seeya:

There wasn't alot of traffic or any pedestrians but lots of rolling hills and some curves. We weren't travelling on hwy 313 though. I was just giving my own account of the general area. I wish we had more information.:(

Great reading you, BTW!

wm

I just don't even know what to say.

Murder charges filed in Montana toddler’s death
http://m.themonitor.com/news/us_news/article_7f1ad948-70b3-11e2-8afe-0019bb30f31a.html

"A woman from Montana’s Crow Reservation accused of throwing her daughter from a moving vehicle after a night of drinking with relatives was charged with murder."

"Mary Leider’s blood was drawn and she was found to have a blood alcohol level of 0.24 "

Here's an older article which gives more info...

FBI suspects mother in Big Horn County 3-year-old's death

The agents seized two jackets with red stains, took several swabs of red stains from the vehicle, and found a white substance inside the truck.

Wally Leider told investigators that as he was driving, his sister opened the passenger door and threw her daughter out of the pickup.

http://www.krtv.com/news/fbi-suspects-mother-in-big-horn-county-3-year-old-s-death/#_

I'm confused as to the timeline of events... The latest article I read says that Wally, picked up the child and brought her back home, where her G-ma called an ambulance. The first article said they found the child on the road? So, did LE find the baby on the road, or is that what G-ma told the crew when they arrived - that someone found the child and brought the girl to her home? Why did they have to identify her later if she was picked up by an ambulance from her G-ma's home?

The later article also said that Wally left the mother, and her brother on the side of the road, and that the mother was found later "crying uncontrollably"? Very confusing, to say the least.

Regardless, I can't comprehend a mother who would open up a car door and throw her child out... I can't even comprehend a mother who would have her child with her while she was out drinking and driving around like she was! I don't know how people do these things to their children - even if she was wasted drunk! It just boggles my mind...

RIP sweet little one...

I'm confused as to the timeline of events... The latest article I read says that Wally, picked up the child and brought her back home, where her G-ma called an ambulance. The first article said they found the child on the road? So, did LE find the baby on the road, or is that what G-ma told the crew when they arrived - that someone found the child and brought the girl to her home? Why did they have to identify her later if she was picked up by an ambulance from her G-ma's home?

The later article also said that Wally left the mother, and her brother on the side of the road, and that the mother was found later "crying uncontrollably"? Very confusing, to say the least.

Regardless, I can't comprehend a mother who would open up a car door and throw her child out... I can't even comprehend a mother who would have her child with her while she was out drinking and driving around like she was! I don't know how people do these things to their children - even if she was wasted drunk! It just boggles my mind...

RIP sweet little one...

I found a lot of the reports or stories equally conflicting or confusing.n I stuck with the basic facts that a mother was over TWICE the legal limit if alcohol, driving around with brothers who were fighting and also drinking. As a first responder I have been at the scene with drunks and the carnage they caused. It is chaos.

But the fact seem clear that the mom was drinking and the mom is the one who pushed the little one out of the vehicle. I just don;t know what to say about this case, but having read it, I could not just pass it by without a comment. This was a beautiful little girl and I can imagine that the first responders dealing with this poor baby were more traumatized and upset than mom was.

This wasn't an accident or even and unfortunate wreck. This was a child who should have been safe in her mother's arms (should have been in a carseat but you know what I mean, I hope) but her mother deliberately opened the door and tossed her aside. Just unbelievable (but sadly i do believe it).

This article sums it up more coherently
http://montanasnewsstation.com/news/mother-charged-for-death-of-3-year-old-daughter/

"Shortly after 4 o'clock that morning, Deputy Wallis with the Big Horn County Sheriff's Office responded to a 911 call at mile marker 11 on Highway 313 south of Hardin. The deputy found Leider along with her brother Arland Leider sitting on the side of the road crying."

"Mary Leider told the deputy her baby was "gone," and was hit by a vehicle. Deputy Wallis was then dispatched to mile marker 19 for a 911 call regarding a deceased 3-year-old child. The deputy met with Georgina Denny and her son Wally Leider. Georgina Denny is also the grandmother of Big Day and the mother of Mary and Arland Leider. Denny took Deputy Wallis to her car where Big Day was placed and appeared to be dead."

Yeah, even though I kinda understand the sequence of events, it still doesn't make any sense. This poor child!!

Cases like these are when decent reporting would be appreciated (actually I would appreciate it in EVERY case). Nowadays "journalists" just read someone else's article and sum it up in their own words. Needless to say, just like the game of "telephone" with children, parts are misunderstood, repeated incorrectly and completely twisted.

The part I am speaking about it the discovery of Tenielle's body. It is reported that it was "found" along the highway but it is also reported that 911 was called and dispatched to the scene and the child was in the vehicle again. The story I get is Mom, 2 borthers and Tennielle were in the truck, driving around drinking and brothers arguing. Tennielle is in her mom's lap, just quietly there.

Mom opens door and dumps baby's body out. Brother stops truck , they go to body, little girl is obviously dead and uncle take child's body and leaves mom and other uncle by the side of the road where they continue having some sort of fracas which police respond to. Police are at THAT scene when they are also called to the scene where the girl's body is in the truck with the uncle a short distance away.

Apparently the grandma (mother of the adult fighting sibling and mom of the child's mother) had been calling the girl's mom to tell her to bring the baby home and mom was refusing to, continuing to drink and be driven around by brothers. Somehow the Grandma came upon one of the scenes.

Yeah I understand it better but still don't understand it better, if ya know what I mean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back