IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who gets the feeling that this weekend will be the last major search before the BPD says that "we've searched all of Monroe county" and that press conferences will dry up?

I'm sure if people want to search they will be encouraged to do so until interest peters out... But for people who've followed these sorts of cases -- is this about the point that LE will sit back and hope for a specific tip or for a hunter to find a body?

I've just started following this case in the last few days, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

But how do we know that the 4:30 time quote was actually 4:30? Not 3:30, not 5:30, but 4:30? As a former drunk college student, I can guarantee that I couldn't put an exact time on my whereabouts the night before unless it was at closing time.

Not that this makes a whole lot of difference to the cameras, seems that LE are searching through hours of tape.

We've heard that LS supposedly made a call from JR's phone at 4:15AM and that she left at 4:30AM...so I am guessing that a call was made at 4:15AM, but we don't know for sure who made it...but LE has no proof of LS after 2:51AM.

I've just started following this case in the last few days, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

But how do we know that the 4:30 time quote was actually 4:30? Not 3:30, not 5:30, but 4:30? As a former drunk college student, I can guarantee that I couldn't put an exact time on my whereabouts the night before unless it was at closing time.

Not that this makes a whole lot of difference to the cameras, seems that LE are searching through hours of tape.

As far as the 4:30 - the person who was there at the time (JR) is reportedly saying she left his place at that time, and that his phone was used at 4:15 by her prior to her leaving. I think the time of phone call is considered verified, and so it lends a little credence to the 4:30. But many people do not believe this part of the time line since it is only 1 witness, and he is a primary POI.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that this weekend will be the last major search before the BPD says that "we've searched all of Monroe county" and that press conferences will dry up?

I'm sure if people want to search they will be encouraged to do so until interest peters out... But for people who've followed these sorts of cases -- is this about the point that LE will sit back and hope for a specific tip or for a hunter to find a body?

Well looking for body without a tip is like looking for a needle in the haystack. To find a body, LE has to be either really lucky or get a specific tip.

I am highly suspicious and think a high probability is that there is another person who was traveling with LS this evening. Or at least heavily present in the time line. A person that we have not heard mentioned whatsoever, but not necessarily unknown to LE.

I have speculated about this as well, but believe the only times this person would show up on the timeline are:
- at JR's, both earlier and later
- possibly traveling from JR's (or some other location) with LS to the bar

Given the reports of Smallwood witnesses/cameras and MB's statements to LE, I think it's safe to assume that the only individual who LS was with between leaving the bar and arriving at CR/MB's was CR. The only source of ambiguity (in this and other respects as well) is LE's refusal to name the parties involved.

A few weeks of heavy searching is about the norm, in these cases...some don't even go that long. After that, searches are basically based on tips, new info, etc...so sad for L's parents.

I've refrained from commenting for a few days. I was sure there was something to this 3:38am sighting. Now who knows. It all just gets more and more complicated.

Anyway ... Here are my thoughts about the fact that she was reported missing at 3pm.

REALLY? 3pm? I know some people have mentioned that reporting her missing at 3pm is premature and suspicious and I agree, though I am not sure it points to JW being involved in her disappearance.

I think there were probably lots of rumors going around the morning of June 3. What those rumors are is anybody's guess, but IMO the most plausible is the OD theory.

I am 4 years out of college so perhaps a little removed for my judgment to be completely on point, but if my roommate didn't come home I probably would call or text one or two people but not think much of it. It would take longer for me to get concerned. Especially if my roommate was the party girl that LS supposedly was. And from what I hear, she was one hell of a party girl.

This crowd is one that I am very familiar with - to the extent that I am from the tri-state area and share their culture and socio-economic status. I have spoken to people that have met and hung out with LS as they, too, went to Indiana. One of the POIs siblings is very close friends with a friend of mine and has visited my friend's apartment a few times since this story broke, but I refrained from asking about it or mentioning any of this upon hearing that they had hung out since (I swear!).

There were a lot of OD rumors going around long (days) before it was mentioned in MSM. It's hearsay, sure, I heard from a friend of mine who spoke with her friend that went to Indiana and has hung out with LS and that crowd several times. So I think those rumors started very early amongst that crowd, and although no one knew for sure (except for 1 or 2 people that were probably acting very shady) the rumors were enough to warrant a missing persons report by 3pm.

I imagine that either JW or HT were the first concerned, so between the two of them (probably mostly contact from HT) called one if not all of CR/MB/JR/DR. When the story didn't quite make sense, and they all knew her condition that night, they realized it was time to get police involved.

In any case, these kids know more than the MSM has been privy to, but it doesn't mean that they haven't told LE all this already. In fact, I would imagine that they have. If I heard this stuff all the way in NYC from these Indiana kids, you would think LE did too.

So my point is, rumors travel really fast ... they didn't report her missing at 3pm just because. They reported her missing at 3pm because by then they had enough reason to feel like she was in danger, or worse.

Good stuff -- which leads to...

3p is starting to look suspicious to me. first of all...these kids party late and don't need to be at a job. i bet they all start their day late. ok maybe an early class -- but even there -- it's not like work -- u can miss it if you want. so starting with the caveat that this is a later-waking crowd...3p is more like a noon or 1p in the real world vs. away at college world. they were all up til the wee hours - we know that.

Sure there should be concern by 3 in the afternoon. BUT THERE HAD TO BE CONCERN EARLER. It's not like in the middle of the day on Friday people suddenly decided Lauren is missing. What was happening at 4am, 5, 6, ...through sun up 7,8,9....

Geez, I even dreamed about Lauren...can't tell when I am awake or asleep anymore. Lauren's dad's quotes that were posted here last night, from an interview that I believe took place last evening, are not very heartening as far as learning anything new at today's PC. Sounds like he doesn't know any more than he did on Wednesday. I guess we can hope LE will provide a new detail.

The more I think about the wording of LE about the 3:38 sighting, the more I think that the action the witness described did take place, or action very much like it, and they have it on video, just not at that time. And therefore feel comfortable in saying that this man is no mystery to them. I wish WE could get a look at all of the mug shots...I'm not finding photos of any of the known POI's anymore.

DR's FB is still public, and while he has not posted on it in almost 10 days, he did initially post about searching for Lauren on June 4, 5 & 6, for what it is worth. Then a post about being at home, so may be back in NY, if that is where he lives.

Link to robert spierer's remarks? have seen them.

Anybody remember/have handy stuff on HT? Last week there was talk of contradictory statements. There was more -- some good bits that made her seem sketchy. Need HT stuff.

LS dad gave an interview to WTHR that aired on tonight's 11 PM news. Nothing major, but I took a few notes.

Journalist says of the searches ""noticeably absent - her boyfriend and some of her friends".

Cut to dad saying "I don't know what's going on".

Dad repeated request for people to come forward, journalist mentions there is still no key suspect.

Journalist brings up drugs, dad says "I don't want to comment on specifics".

If you see his quotes which are supposed to be in response to those specific issues, they are pretty general and the way the interview was cut, he wasn't necessarily responding directly tp the voiceover we heard. It's possible that the dad did not mean to say "I don't know what's going on" in relation to the boyfriend not searching.

FYI to TG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member