TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
See BBM - below: Who knows this?!!!

Jason Rushing, director of the University of Tennessee at Martin Parsons campus, said Bobo was enrolled in a one-year program to become a licensed practical nurse.

"She was a good student, capable, conscientious with her school work," he said. "You could tell by the way she interacted with others that she was popular with other students."

Bobo enrolled in the program last August and had class Wednesday and Thursday.

"We are going on as scheduled, but you can tell this situation is on everyone's hearts and minds," Rushing said.

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/01/05/041511-news-holly-bobo-4-4/

Who knew she went to class on Tuesdays and on Wednesdays at 7:30?
And who knew when Holly's parents went to work?

And who knew it was Finals Week and that Holly wouldn't be getting up in the morning on a scheduled basis so that they could have this window of opportunity?

This timing reminds me of Kyron that way. End of school year schedule may have prompted this abduction.

C'mon peeps, this is a short list. It could very well be someone from her nursing program - at least someone who knew when she left the house every Wednesday.

I have to think that they KNOW who did this.

I wonder when the last day of class/exam was for her program?

:cow:

I guess I'm not convinced it has to be someone known to Holly. Some people are stalked for a while before they even know about it and sometimes by a complete stranger, who looks like their ex, or their mother, or whatever. And sometimes serial offenders scout around until they find their "type" and go from there.

I'm not completely eliminating this scenario. It's just that I believe there was some interaction, or connection between the abductor and Holly that set this in motion - someone from school, a hospital she may have done clinical work at, a business she frequents, etc. as opposed to a random hunter in the woods who saw her for the first time coming out of the house that morning. MOO

Exactly. And while LE initially stated the perp may not be acting normally now, after the event, it's not always the case. And sadly, if Holly isn't still alive and wasn't for very long after the abduction, he may not even have missed work at all. MOO

Lots of people don't work... like me. I am unemployed. I could be outside someones house at 4 AM or 4 PM or whenever. No one would say I was missing from work, etc. Half the people I know are unemployed too; either from disability (me), got laid off, fired, lost their business etc. Could be someone with a lot of free time on their hands.

What if someone followed her home on Tuesday and waited in the woods/vehicle until Wednesday AM? He wouldn't have to know she only went two days per week, he may have thought she went everyday and just got "lucky."
Whoops, Wed & Thursday, never mind...

If the search was as large scale as described then it seems like a fairly "unfocused" tip. This case is sad because I think the public has become so frustrated.

And who knew it was Finals Week and that Holly wouldn't be getting up in the morning on a scheduled basis so that they could have this window of opportunity?

This timing reminds me of Kyron that way. End of school year schedule may have prompted this abduction.

C'mon peeps, this is a short list. It could very well be someone from her nursing program - at least someone who knew when she left the house every Wednesday.

My bad...The 13th was on a Wednesday. Just remembered and checked, it was a Wednesday, not Tuesday. Sorry!

I guess I'm not convinced it has to be someone known to Holly. Some people are stalked for a while before they even know about it and sometimes by a complete stranger, who looks like their ex, or their mother, or whatever. And sometimes serial offenders scout around until they find their "type" and go from there.

I'm still thinking that it was someone who saw her at college and stalked her. If they took her thru the woods that shows they either knew the area or became familar with it. I do believe that this person(s) watched the house to see the family's schedule. Could be any crazy idiot tho. Remember the case in Conneticut (Petit family). One of those low lifes saw the younger girl and became obsessed w/her, which led to home invasion & murder. Never know what sends one of these weirdos off IMO.

Great post.

Whether Clint was "normally" home at that time of day, is as important as "who knew" Holly's schedule that week, IMO. It's really critical information, which isn't "out there" that I have read.

Did the perp know Clint AND Holly's schedule, and then Clint went off his known routine that morning, for some reason?

My gut tells me this isn't a random crime; I gree with the someone who knew her theory. JMO

Well, Clint WAS home and this guy still got away with it, so not sure he even figured Clint into his plan one way or the other...Clint even SAW him and he still got away with it...

I'm still thinking that it was someone who saw her at college and stalked her. If they took her thru the woods that shows they either knew the area or became familar with it. I do believe that this person(s) watched the house to see the family's schedule. Could be any crazy idiot tho. Remember the case in Conneticut (Petit family). One of those low lifes saw the younger girl and became obsessed w/her, which led to home invasion & murder. Never know what sends one of these weirdos off IMO.

The scary thing is, you are sooo right! The Petit case broke my heart! It would not have taken anyone with half a brain and wanton desire very long to figure this family's routine out. I live in the country in TN and am also single. I have taken extra precautions since this abduction, and will continue to do so. I can only pray that they find Holly, and the person responsible!

I think if he actually approached her outside of her house, he probably didn't worry about who was inside. Do we know if she was outside when he approached her, or if he had to say knock at the door?

I know this isn't likely, but sometimes I think the perp may have just been taking a chance. He obviously knew she lived there, but he may have just figured she would come out at some point in the morning but didn't know her exact schedule.

I got this idea from the HS case. Whether or not this is the same perp, it still gave me some ideas. HS's boyfriend was home at the time, and either the perp. didn't know or it wasn't enough to deter him, so either of the two of these could have been a possibility in Holly's case, too (with reference to the brother, this time). Another strange thing was that, from what I've read, HS had come out of the house and gone back in a couple minutes before her attack happened. I've always wondered why the perp. didn't do anything at that point. Asleep on the "job", maybe? Wasn't expecting her to come out so early? Wasn't paying attention? Caught off guard? Hiding out in the woods nearby and didn't have time to move in quickly enough? Regardless, he was obviously somewhere in the area and just waiting for his perfect opportunity, since she came out again a couple minutes later, from what I understand.

I guess my point is that the perp. in the HS case did enough homework to find out that a female would be coming out that morning, but I don't think he knew exactly when, and it's obvious that he didn't know or care if a boyfriend was home at the time. Like I said, whether or not it's the same perp., I don't think it had to be someone who knew Holly terribly well or was necessarily familiar with her routine beyond guessing that she'd be coming out at some point that morning. JMO.

Well, Clint WAS home and this guy still got away with it, so not sure he even figured Clint into his plan one way or the other...Clint even SAW him and he still got away with it...

So true. I keep thinking back to the possibility the perp tried to silence her when he abducted her (duct tape? knife point?) so he may even have realized someone was still in the house. Wouldn't Clint's car have been there also? MOO

Unless he was prepared to deal with anyone who might appear from the house, i.e. he had a gun. I can't imagine he wouldn't have a gun, really, since everyone keeps saying that guns are so common there. Maybe that is why LE has not even bothered with the "armed and dangerous" thing...

I heard they did. Let me say I did not see it. But as I was told, every house in the immediate area was looked at and residents questioned. FBI went door to door. At least it was the FBI at three houses.

MOO, but I would bet they did. Years ago, here in Nashville, Marcia Trimble disappeared while delivering girl scout cookies. The case took 30 years or so to close. Police eventually found her in a garage a few doors away from her home. And it had been searched once before. LE was very embarrassed by that and I'm sure would NOT want to face a similar situation again, so I would not see them leaving an empty house unsearched.

The reports I read said Decauter (sp?) County & Henderson County, which I believe are net to each other.

Just a thought but they could be searching an area of park that is in both counties.

MOO, but I would bet they did. Years ago, here in Nashville, Marcia Trimble disappeared while delivering girl scout cookies. The case took 30 years or so to close. Police eventually found her in a garage a few doors away from her home. And it had been searched once before. LE was very embarrassed by that and I'm sure would NOT want to face a similar situation again, so I would not see them leaving an empty house unsearched.

Look at the job LE did searching John Couey's trailer in the Jessica Lundsford kidnapping. Even though he was a SO who had failed to register, they just aksed him if he had seen the girl and went away without looking inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆