**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor does having thousands of "posts" make anyone an expert over anyone else posting, unless of course "one" is a "verified expert"

I am perfectly happy that we all have our own opinions and points of view on the various topics of this case, but I have to admit to being surprised at just how many people seem to have completely discounted the expert testimony of the well respected Medical Examiner who actually did the autopsy on Travis Alexander's body.

I wonder at the implications of this as far as how the individual jurors may view professional, sworn testimony. I remember this same thing happened with the Medical Examiner in the death of Caylee Anthony / murder trial of Casey Anthony. Many people seemed quick to disregard the ME's findings, and came quickly to their own conclusions.

Could this be part of the so called 'CSI Effect', where people think that after watching countless hours of prime time, forensic based, television programming that they are just as knowledgeable as the true experts who have had years of formal education, and sometimes decades of professional experience to back up their conclusions?

I just find it kind of fascinating.

I've not completely discounted the ME's testimony. I just don't think it's conclusive because it can't be given the limitations of a brain that's decomposed by the time he gets to it. Also, like I said, if the trajectory is so insanely clear, I'd have expected at least an exhibit of it. Maybe there was one, but I haven't seen it or heard about it yet.

For the record, I haven't watched tv, and certainly CSI, in the past several years and am not a complete idiot :)

Speaking only for myself, I've laid out the reasons why I think so. And I don't need to bring expertise to the table. The jury has no expertise, either. They can credit the ME or not.

I was asking for my own reasons, to determine the weight I would give an opinion. if your argument was persuasive enough and I knew what you or anyone else was basing it on...I may even change my mind. I'm open. But for me, personally, I need a little more than "I think" to toss out the ME's testimony,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking only for myself, I've laid out the reasons why I think so. And I don't need to bring expertise to the table. The jury has no expertise, either. They can credit the ME or not.

Btw that link I posted supported the idea Travis could be still conscious after being shot. It was based on doctors that treated living persons that survived a bullet to the frontal lobe.

It's worth the read..,,IMO it supported your theory.

I was asking for my own reasons, to determine the weight I would give an opinion. if your argument was persuasive enough and I knew what you or anyone else was basing it on...I may even change my mind. I'm open. But for me, personally, I need a little more than "I think" to toss out the ME's testimony,

fair enough. That said, I don't think a mostly anonymous true crime forum is a place where most legitimate professionals are going to be verified as such. I would never verify just because you have no idea who you're dealing with. The closed down Trayvon Martin forum is a case in point.

fair enough. That said, I don't think a mostly anonymous true crime forum is a place where most legitimate professionals are going to be verified as such. I would never verify just because you have no idea who you're dealing with. The closed down Trayvon Martin forum is a case in point.

am i allowed to ask why it was closed?

Agreed! I won't get verified either. It would prevent me from stating my honest opinions in a frank and honest way. It would be very unprofessional for me to do so:)

All I need us an IMO and its all good!

am i allowed to ask why it was closed?

I'm not a rule maker so, no, I can't say why it was closed. I have my thoughts on the subject, but it is far too late for me to articulate them responsibly and coherently. If you want to hear my opinion and observations about it, feel free to pm me and I'll try to respond. If I'm to be articulate and circumspect, though, it will likely be the weekend :) lol

I didn't know it was either. What happened?

Honestly, at this point in time I don't care that much. I'll wait till the trial, should reopen then. I'm tired too. Goodnight.

Agreed! I won't get verified either. It would prevent me from stating my honest opinions in a frank and honest way. It would be very unprofessional for me to do so:)

All I need us an IMO and its all good!

So there ya go. If you and I were verified, we'd have this locked down. Until then, we're just two Jersey chicks who had high hair in the 80's and now have too much time on our hands! Well, I really don't have too much time on my hands, but I make time to be inanely irrelevant to the process :)

I have a thought that's probably been mentioned but I haven't come across it. I hesitate to mention it because it's about the casing and where it was found, and I sure don't want to start the "which wound was first" debate.
The casing may have been floated up like filling a bathtub with a floating toy or a pool with a raft. The item is on the bottom. When the fluid (blood or water) reaches the item it "lifts" it and the item rests on the surface.
(okay, so it's not a mind-blowing revelation, lol)

I'm soooooo ready for the tomatoes...let 'em rip!
:skip:

ETA now I'm screwing up my smilies :sigh:

I'm just a hotel front desk clerk.

I'm just kicking back, waiting for the day when something happens at a hotel front desk, so that I can finally get verified, too!

When that day comes, it just may prove to be my proudest moment. :)
OMG I'm not alone!

:lol:

Lisa Perry testified there was no blood on the top of the casing FWIW. (In my mind there'd be at least residue even if gravity weighted the blood but hey, I'm no CSI. ;))

OMG I'm not alone!

:lol:
How cool! That makes us both verified experts in waiting! :woohoo:

I try to follow these threads in between the busy times, checking in guests. Easy to get distracted. I think that explains why so many of my posts don't really even make sense! :giggle:

The very fact that this portion of his brain was mush I would think would support the fact that there was significant brain damage from the bullet.

If you listen to the doctor's testimony it will become clear that he did say for 100% certainty that he knows what type of damage was done to TA's brain from that bullet passing through and ending up where it did. I tend to believe him because of the number of autopsies he has performed and the fact that he has a medical degree. Not sure why there is so much mistrust of his findings. jmo

Not to be gross, but the brain liquifies shortly after death - no matter what the cause of death was.

Lisa Perry testified there was no blood on the top of the casing FWIW. (In my mind there'd be at least residue even if gravity weighted the blood but hey, I'm no CSI. ;))
No tomatoes! :woohoo:

I know it's far-fetched but it worked when I tried it in the bathtub!
:rubberducky:

How cool! That makes us both verified experts in waiting! :woohoo:

I try to follow these threads in between the busy times, checking in guests. Easy to get distracted. I think that explains why so many of my posts don't really even make sense! :giggle:
I feel your pain :therethere:

:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members