Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post a link to those pictures? I haven't seen them yet.

There is a good video in the links thread showing the barrel.

Also I just watched one of the latest videos and it did say that police now have taken custody of it. It showed the barrel in the boat with LE.

imo

I'm really thinking this could be Stacy. She was supposed to go paint the day she disappeared - It was October so likely she was wearing jeans.

Ok, here is some circumstantial information for everyone not familiar with Big Basin. The bar, Mugz's Hideout, has a lot of patrons who ride motorcycles, so DP would have been familiar with the marina if he rode with friends in the area. Hell, he and I may have crossed paths there before (SHUDDER). There's a polar bear plunge there every New Year's Day, mostly bikers show up for the event.

It's very isolated and you get there by driving down a frontage road.

You can see the I-55 bridge over the river from the marina and bar, so someone could also have dropped a body from that bridge. It's a HUGE bridge.

OT - hi Michigirl! Looks like we're neighbors. :)

Plus the blue barrel so close to the body. I really hope it is Stacy. I followed Sandra's website too.

I found the exact location of the remains that were found by searching live maps. The first image is from a news video online. The other three show the location.

From Bollingbrook Rte 55 goes directly south to the bridge near Channahon. The remains are just west of that bridge.

00bodyfound.jpg

00bodyfound2.jpg

00bodyfound3.jpg

00bodyfound4.jpg

When will preliminary results be in???

They didn't say on the newscast I watched. I'm not sure how long it would take for them to determine male vs female remains. If I understand correctly they're not saying male or female, but some reports have speculated female. Other than determining gender I'm not sure what else would be available before DNA comes back.

Ok, here is some circumstantial information for everyone not familiar with Big Basin. The bar, Mugz's Hideout, has a lot of patrons who ride motorcycles, so DP would have been familiar with the marina if he rode with friends in the area. Hell, he and I may have crossed paths there before (SHUDDER). There's a polar bear plunge there every New Year's Day, mostly bikers show up for the event.

It's very isolated and you get there by driving down a frontage road.

You can see the I-55 bridge over the river from the marina and bar, so someone could also have dropped a body from that bridge. It's a HUGE bridge.

Thanks for that Dee, Are there any other bridges in that area? With severe flooding could it be possible for the barrel to be washed from a bridge and end up there?

A dam was mentioned but it is downstream, right? I could see Drew dumping the barrel on the lake side of the dam, which would be upstream {every dam makes a lake behind it where the water builds up} because that is where the water would be the deepest.

I think he never expected this barrel to surface if it is Stacy. I think he put it where he thought the water was the deepest so it would never see the light of day again. IMO

Will have to see the logistics of this to see what fits and how it could have happened. This case has certainly turned into one needing some serious Sleuthing.

So many posters here this morning have talked about the families of Stacy, Lisa and probably the other missing person alluded to. I just want to say I concur with heartfelt feelings for them all as they go thru this waiting process. xox

Blue barrel upstream was NOT a rumor. I saw the photos the Channahon resident took on the news this morning. They had a phone call with her. She couldn't get to the barrel because it was across the river in an inaccessible area.

I believe you guys. I was just typing out what she had to say - it's entirely possible that LE does and/or has more info than they are willing to give out right now and somebody was steering Jacobson elsewere. Considering the reporter...

In case some of you forgot Sandra Bellinger here is her site regarding Stacy.......

http://www.heliumraven.com/

I'm late reading here but wanted to add this that was posted by Sandra
in October 2008:
"I would like to add that due to the recent flooding caused
by Hurricane Ike in the general vicinity of the Dresden Dam it is important
that the river banks of the Des Plaines
and Illinois be searched for any
possible trace of Stacy that may have washed up and been left behind when
the waters subsided."

Notice the bold part!!

If these remains do turn out to be Stacy, EVP Sandra B. was very close.

She stated that Stacy was at the same location Bob Piest was found..........he was one of the young men killed by John Wayne Gayce (sp) and dumped off the 55 bridge. That bridge was rebuilt after that happened.

Wow, thanks for the great maps, really gives you an idea how desolate this area would be. He (alledgedly) has his bro's help loading the barrel, but what about when it came time to unload it, did he simply roll it off the truck and into an accessible part of the shore, or was able to back up to an area upstream, possibly right up to the bank and push it off the tailgate and into the water? Really horrible to even think this through so matter of factly, ugh.

Rachel Marie Mellon Skemp
from boilingbrook.

I am having doubts about it being Stacy or Lisa.............but lets not forget about Rachel missing from the area also............I am waiting to hear, if they were able to tell, if the remains are female, as to weather or not they were pregnant at one time.......which would tell me its not Rachel.

ALL MOO AND ASSUMPTIONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member