TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Waiting for more of shefner's theory of the crime.)

I followed several FB pages over the months that followed Holly's disappearance. I know none of the organizers personally....however, one page in particular seemed to be full of caring individuals who tried to come up with ways to raise funds to help secure extra help (such as searches by horse, searches by dogs, etc).
One of those fundraisers, that had been planned for a few months, was suddenly canceled just a few days before it was set to begin. Word was that Karen would not allow it. It was stated plainly that any fundraisers would come directly from the family or those the family appointed. Period.

My vibes went nuts.

Okay...I hope I am not straying too far by sharing this. Trying to follow TOS.

(Waiting for more of shefner's theory of the crime.)

Woof, did you look at any of the friend's My Space or FB pages just after Holly's abduction?

She had some young men who, well,....let's say, "did not speak kindly of her before she disappeared."

BTW, I can no longer find the photos....and I'm not the world's greatest sleuth. If I see them again, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll link 'em this time.

Woof, did you look at any of the friend's My Space or FB pages just after Holly's abduction?

She had some young men who, well,....let's say, "did not speak kindly of her before she disappeared."
No, I was way behind on that aspect - social networking always seems to draw the negatives from some about others. But I would never discount the possibility that truths were also told.

No, I was way behind on that aspect - social networking always seems to draw the negatives from some about others. But I would never discount the possibility that truths were also told.

Yes, you are right...social networking and teens or young adults tends to lend itself to public arguments, etc. But we can be certain Holly was not popular with everyone...or loved by everyone. And that's something we often forget here with such a lovely victim who had many good qualities.
However, the comments were not blatant...and they appeared to be directed towards an individual who could specifically decipher them or understand what was being said. Kinda creepy.

A couple of the young men around the table in this particular photo were reportedly (and I used that term loosely) questioned by authorities. And one, after having lunch in a public restaurant, was approached by LE and asked to give a blood sample immediately. Gee whiz....I know I am treading on thin ground without having some links.

And one, after having lunch in a public restaurant, was approached by LE and asked to give a blood sample immediately. Gee whiz....I know I am treading on thin ground without having some links.
I remember that and remember thinking that a warrant would be needed in order to get that sample; but perhaps the person allegedly confronted in a - shall we say - brusque manner by LE didn't know that. But did I read that on <mod snip> or on some other site, or here - or did I see that actually referred to in a MSM link? Because of the confusion this case has caused from its first minutes, it's almost impossible to keep track of its actualities. (Plus, the computer with my Bobo folder died months ago, so there went those.)

I have the same problem, Woof. Its hard to recall sources...and even MSM has made retractions and mistakes.

So much confusion for sure. Believe it or not, I am on a different computer as well. My VIAO was repaired and given to one of the kids....and I undertook the job of maneuvering around an Apple.

In my opinion only, some of the smallest details released in the beginning of this case, thanks to many of your posts, might take on more of a significance than originally thought, i.e. phone call from friend, etc. I wonder if we start at the beginning with the really insignificant mentionings, if they might lead somewhere!

If we start at the beginning we'll be back where we started a year and two weeks ago.

In my opinion only, some of the smallest details released in the beginning of this case, thanks to many of your posts, might take on more of a significance than originally thought, i.e. phone call from friend, etc. I wonder if we start at the beginning with the really insignificant mentionings, if they might lead somewhere!

BBM
AGREE - AGREE - AGREE!!!!!

The answer is in something we already know - I'm convinced of it. It's just sorting it out from what we THINK we know about this crazy case.
KWIM?

Okay, back to the very beginning, the first TBI press release, from 13 April, the day Holly vanished.
MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff&#8217;s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug [sic] across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing.
---
the rest at link above

Perhaps after a year LE should pull out all those crumpled papers in the trash and take a second look?

~N/T~ phophetic post,sounds like,we need to go back and revisit events (some dismissed and discarded) of the morning of Holly's disappearance. jMO

Following TBI's initial press release, many of us will recall the (astonishing) volte face performed by LE, at a news conference in Parsons, I think: Holly was not drug [sic] into the woods, Holly was LED into the woods.

TBI's 17 April press release says only that Holly "went missing."

Then, on 18 April, for the first time via press release, and one not from TBI but from the governor's office, we learn that
---
TBI, local, state and federal law enforcement agencies are actively looking for the Parsons, Tennessee woman believed to be a victim of a kidnapping on April 13, 2011.
---
Bobo was last seen by a family member being led against her will behind her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing.
---
more here: http://news.tn.gov/node/7029

Italics above mine. Note the contradictory nature of the first and second set of italicized words: "believed to be a victim of a kidnapping" and "being led against her will."

I think we should just name this thread, "Groundhog Day".

FWIW, shefner, I think I follow you exactly and that's my theory of this crime as well.

*sigh.....

Oy vey.

I feels ya!

But, couldn't we DO this whole thing differently this time around?

Let's start with Tuesday.
Now, I can't link to a daggone thing here so if you want to scroll and roll feel free.

First of all, how come the case is more or less set in a vacuum?
Let's flesh out all we know from the day before.

Now, I have it on good authority that JD, a classmate of Holly's and she had lunch together down at the Dairy Bar on Main St.
Now this is interesting in that it shows that Holly didn't always have Mom packing up the ole PB&J.

Next, we have Holly's fb page. It's gone now, but I have two things that I have read before it disappeared that was stated there.

(1) Holly said she got home about 3:30 according to timestamp and addressed a post on it to Drew that she wished she could go outside, but she couldn't because she was studying.

To this, it seemed to me, a reason to question why this was posted on FB for the benefit of everybody when addressed to Drew. Why not text this?
Well, you could say it gives a thoughtful timestamp as to why no one would be an eyewitness to her for awhile.

Then the text continued on saying that she hoped that things got back to normal next week.

Well, if the test was over on Wednesday (this was not a final or anything like that), why would she think it would be all the way to next week for a return to er, normalcy?
Something in the way it was worded was sort of hinkily precient as would almost every action and words spokent from here on out, by Karen, Clint and others.

(2) The next thing was another separate entry from what I've been told by people who read it. Holly's last entry to her fb ended with the words...
"there'll be peace in the valley."

COULD THIS BE TRUE?

(See what I mean by being precient?) Who knew this would turn up miraculously in a video that folks had plumb forgot, until it was nick of time presented at the anniversary events and the AMW show.

I STILL want to see a date/time stamp for this video.

No one seems interested in what took place the night before, otherwise.
I think we have an old who knows when it was taken "Photo fun with Skittles"
uploaded leaving another time marker.
This tends to lead the person to believe that Drew was there that night, but I hasten to
add that this has never been EXPLICITLY stated.

Clint says he spoke to Drew the night before about his (fortuitously planned hunting trip on Clint's very own Grandmother's property that SOMEHOW fails to come up in conversation!), plans for the next day. Whether this was over the phone or in person is not known.

Clint for his part has his own peculiar fb encounter.
If anyone would like to relate the fb accounts of his "whereabouts" on Tuesday, feel free.
Otherwise I will come back and tell the next phase which was given to us via CMs fb page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member