2010.05.21 Tommy Jailhouse phone calls released: General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone has to visit anyone in jail, esp. kids

I remember a case of a man that killed his wife and children's mother and petitioned the courts and made the grandparents who got custody bring them for visits.

Lindsy doesn't have to legally bring "his" kids (Tommy) to see him in jail right??

Absolutely not and he won't be paying any child support either so he can't get her for contempt. I would think that any judge worth his salt would actually keep her from taking the kids to see him.

I remember a case of a man that killed his wife and children's mother and petitioned the courts and made the grandparents who got custody bring them for visits.

Oh gee! I don't like that. I hate to think of taking kids to jail to see their parents. :( I don't know much about it though. It will be nice to get some feedback on that from Whisp.

The issue would be dealt with in family court. I wonder if Tommy's attorney is going to do that too??? They don't issue public defenders for family court in Florida, do they? They sure don't out here in the wild west.

Please note that after we get the general overview discussion, we will be analyzing the tapes on individual threads. If there are any in particular that you want to analyze in depth, feel free to open a thread for that tape.

This thread will be closing at some point, but not tonight.

Lindsy told Aunt Vicky she found herself another man.

Tape 11

Art Harris did say Lindsy had a new man in a comment under one of his articles.
If anyone wants it I can find it.

By reading what is said in the latest tapes (thanks to everyone who transcribed them!) I haven't changed my mind-Joe is being used as a scapegoat, if he was responsible for Haleigh's death he would have been arrested by now, named a poi or ran. He even has a job-something no one else related to this case seems to have!

Is "it" the code word for Haleigh? I guess Misty and Tommy just went with what Ron called her. :furious:
JMO

RONALD CUMMINGS, HALEIGH`S FATHER: Please bring my daughter home. And she`s not yours. It`s not property. You know, it`s not something that you just take and say it`s mine or whatever. This is my daughter. This is blood. And I would like to have my daughter back, please. Please, bring my daughter home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/19/ijvm.01.html

I am late to this "party" because I was out this evening - dinner and the greenhouse for flowers and herbs. I've read through the thread and truly appreciate the transcriptions and commentary that I prefer to watching/listening to the tapes myself. Many thanks to those of you who have spent time sharing the content of the tapes here at WS :clap:

It's getting late, so I bid you good-night and will look forward to reading more tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

Thanks to all transcribing. :bow: As I question my hearing (and sanity) as I listen, it is helpful to have other's interpretations around.

I think tape 6 between Tommy and Hank (and Lisa) is interesting as it sounds, to me, as if the wind was coming out of Tommy's sails after hearing that Hank already knew about Shell Harbor and shocked that news of it was already in the newspaper. It sounds like Tommy thought that was all on the QT :waitasec:

Also, quite interesting is Hank saying (about 4:55 or so) that he wished he had left Joe leave that day and hadn't talked him into staying. Wondering if he is talking about the day of the fight between Ron and Joe. If so, that must have been a heckuva fight.

my daughter has an ex who is a compulsive liar. If he ever committed a murder, this is exactly how I would expect him to act. always a lie'n & NEVER tell the truth, no matter how many people know it. Oh Boy...Tommy has got himself in a pickle & he can kiss his freedom, Good BY!

Thanks to everyone who transcribed the tapes. We owe you more than one. Thank you.

My overall sense is that ToC is desperate to get out of jail and save Misty too -- no surprise there but -- he didn't expect this all to get out to the media so quickly. ToC thought he was wheeling and dealing with his attorney and LE and obviously didn't know the full story or what LE were doing.

I think he was played by LE when Toc thought he was playing LE and putting together another 'story' as he has probably done in the past to get out of jail. He had hoped that JO would just get arrested and that this would not all play into out in the media .... because it was lies and he'd get caught out in his lies.

There may be some truth but it is obvious that Misty is in this up to her neck and we see more involvement of Ron, the reported fight but no mention --- the real threat?

I have taken many children to visit a parent (in some cases both parents) in prison, but never while in jail depends on the court. None of the parents in my cases ever paid any child support while they were in prison. The children ranged from a few months old to 17 years old. ....and yes some were in prison for life on a murder conviction.

the_scream1.jpg

Misty's lawyer is about to give up on her, per Hank. She's not being truthful with him. (14)

Tape 14

Hank says Misty's lawyer is ready to walk out on her. The police don't believe her.

Tommy says Misty's lawyer almost got into a fight with a detective "yesterday". He and Misty rode in a car together, smoked cigarettes and everything.

Hank says Misty's lawyer said they don't have enough evidence to pick up Joe. Misty's not telling everything.

Tommy wants to know what Lindsy plans to do. She has his clothes, wallet and ID.

Misty's lawyer is about to give up on her, per Hank. She's not being truthful with him. (14)

Misty is interesting in that she is cold as a stone and reveals NOTHING but then when something breaks, like the search she concedes that but NOTHING more. Misty is not going to break. She truly is like getting blood out of a stone.

I will say IF Tommy is charged with any form of child abuse the court might not (probably won't) grant him visits with his children. That would be about the only reason in most states. I have no idea how FL works or if they would force, Lindsy to travel that far for visits. Again I don't know FL law on this subject.

TAPE 6: ToC and LC or Aunt V?
Beginning @ About Midway Point

LC does not know that she used to live near Shell Harbor until ToC lets her know:

LC: ...your lawyer but he can't/won't tell us anything...
LC: Nanny's callin me in.
ToC: don't say nothin to her (Nanny)...
...ToC panicking over Nanny/newspaper
LC: ...M's lawyer been calling Nanny, too
ToC now very panicky over newspapers: Ya'll see the newspaper today?

LC: someone called and told Hank that u were in t newspaper and said that ya took them over to Shell...
ToC: to where?
LC: Shell harbor? Some harbor. I don't know.
I don't know.
ToC: I told her that where you used to live at
LC: That's where I lived at?
ToC: Yup
LC: ...where somethin happened out over there?
ToC: I can't/ain't sayin nothin, right now...

ToC: I don't know why they're f'n with Linds.
Linds don't know s---. She can't tell 'em nothin.

Is the woman LC or Aunt V? - I don't know.

I get the feeling Timmy doesn't want to talk to Tommy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken