Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #2

I think there may be two parallel discussion about the (OT) sticker. I know I was referring to the one that left residue on the tape.

Ok..no more OT...but to keep it on topic...any stickers on the diary?

Thanks. The discussion was about the residue on the tape and not the sticker found at the scene. I realized that after reading in the other thread.

I'm still not sure about the diary and the "new life" entries. I will wait for expert testimony on comparative handwriting samples and other facts about the diary if it is brought into evidence at trial.

Hope everyone is enjoying Happy Holidays!

No...could they have taken the pic after snipping off the backing of a sticker that was similar in shape to the imprint that was found?

No. They showed the already-cut-out sticker backing in place in the "Caylee Marie" box, as well as the sticker sheet from which it was cut out. Both items were listed as having been taken from the A. house.

Since this was covered at length in the sticker topics I won't go into much detail, but the sticker we have seen in evidence has little to do with the cut out sticker backing. The sticker in evidence that we have seen is puffy, sparkly and a different shape, while the cut out heart (if consistent with the backing) is a hologram sticker. It's possible that another sticker (counterpart to the backing) could still be in evidence from the scene (that has not been released).

Sticker in evidence found at scene:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

The sticker found near Caylee's body is definitely not the one that matches the sticker backing, and was already stuck to something (a piece of cardboard), so was not stuck to the duct tape.

There is no way that the sticker that matched the backing was found at the scene but not released. It would have been the FIRST thing released.

No. They showed the already-cut-out sticker backing in place in the "Caylee Marie" box, as well as the sticker sheet from which it was cut out. Both items were listed as having been taken from the A. house.

The sticker found near Caylee's body is definitely not the one that matches the sticker backing, and was already stuck to something (a piece of cardboard), so was not stuck to the duct tape.

There is no way that the sticker that matched the backing was found at the scene but not released. It would have been the FIRST thing released.
Merci!

Maybe I'm missing something, but if '03 is written on the top left page and then numerous pages have been torn out, what makes you think what is still in tact is from '03? It very well could be, but to me it seems she started the diary in '03 when she was a teenager and probably wrote alot of juvenile things - possibly her trists with different boys. Not wanting her critical mother to find and read it, she ripped the pages out. Fast forward to the Caylee incident and now she has nobody she can tell. She isn't feeling guilty, she's feeling exhuberated and is celebrating her new freedom. So she writes down her hopes for the future. This is what I believe happened and is my opinion only.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if '03 is written on the top left page and then numerous pages have been torn out, what makes you think what is still in tact is from '03? It very well could be, but to me it seems she started the diary in '03 when she was a teenager and probably wrote alot of juvenile things - possibly her trists with different boys. Not wanting her critical mother to find and read it, she ripped the pages out. Fast forward to the Caylee incident and now she has nobody she can tell. She isn't feeling guilty, she's feeling exhuberated and is celebrating her new freedom. So she writes down her hopes for the future. This is what I believe happened and is my opinion only.

BBM

This is what I tend to believe too.

Re. the bold: I totally agree. That is exactly why she wrote that entry, imo.

This is a really interesting thread. I recall us talking about it when the information was first released and firmly believing it was written in 2008, because what teenager says such things about their future, and because from a gut level - it was so timely.

My own experiences with teenage diaries was a disaster. I was always happy to receive one with it's little key, and wrote faithfully for about three days, then got bored and wrote now and then, and forgot about it for a couple of years because it was stashed on a shelf somewhere. Then I would find it, look at what I'd written, think "how dumb is that?", rip the pages out and start again - wash, rinse, repeat.

So I can imagine ICA actually wanting to voice her hopes - her big secret - to someone or something. She knew better than to actually tell someone - but we see by her behavior how happy she was to be free of her "responsibilities", knew she had done something very wrong but was over the moon with her "choices".

But when we talked about it in the first instance, I recall being quite "shot down" by more intelligent analysis. So away I wandered - muttering to myself - "well oh yeah, I think it was 2008 - so there!"

So I'm happy to put my hand up and say :seeya: - me too! I vote 2008!

bumping - appears to be some info released in doc dump per nums entry in today's news thread

From the FBI report:

The K42 photojournal was manufactured by Penman Paper. According to information obtained from a representative of Penman Paper, the Penman Paper photojournals were a one-time specialty item distributed to Dollar General Stores in 2004.

So much for the entry being written in 2003.

From the FBI report:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am dying because I could not get the link to open for me! :anguish:

Poor nums has been searching all over for a pdf that I could open.

From the FBI report:

JWG! I just looked for this thread because I was disappointed in the ink dating results: they couldn't find a match:

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/handwritinganalysis.pdf

Page 11 on

But you caught the bombshell! You are my hero! I was disappointed then you saved me!:great:

ETA: they also tried to get what was written in the page above and it was something about Christmas.

Pic one at the below link is a diary entry for June 21st. She talks about how she's happier than she has been in a long time. It appears to be the first page of a new book she bought for the occasion.

Sure doesn't sound like a mom who is upset her kid has been kidnapped. She sounds like she's happy to be free.

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/18739798/detail.html

Picture 15 Shows the year.
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html

From the FBI report:

Bumping the links to the diary photos for newer members...

:waitasec: 2004 > 2003

Mr. Baez......Pepto can be found on aisle 1 next to the Zantac, Tums, Rolaids, and Zegrid.

But.....the amount you'll need after this doc dump far exceeds the FDA recommended safe dosage.

Stay safe.

Is it in the same FBI ink report or somewhere else?

Okay just finished doing my happy dance!

So to break this down, Casey wrote '03 in this journal even though the company that makes and distributes the journal is stating that it was in fact AFTER 2004? So, Casey was covering up - or is there still the theory that Cindy filled in the '03 to cover for Casey? Same ink? Either way, HUGE COVER UP!!

I just love when Casey's lies are uncovered and the mental image of the defense scrambling to explain it away is icing on the cake... Gosh, I can not wait for this trial!! Justice for Caylee :)

I wish I could have seen JB's face when he saw that little nugget!:loser:

That '03 looks like Cindy's writing NOT KC's...IMO.. If your daughter didn't do it...why add a date?? IF she in fact did so.

That '03 looks like Cindy's writing NOT KC's...IMO.. If your daughter didn't do it...why add a date?? IF she in fact did so.

Don't ask me why, but that NEVER occurred to me! :doh:

I bet you're right, Sots!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member