WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like the Deep River unidentified man was traveling around - but where were his other belongings? Other clothes, ID, money, bank card etc. How did he get to Deep River if he had been in Toronto as the laundry bag suggests?

No family or employer reported him missing? He doesn't appear to have been homeless.

Wonder what Lyle was trying to escape. He seemed to have been a man of means as well.

He could have been robbed.

Hopefully coldcaseman can answer my question a few posts back.

Hi, Forgive me if this has already been mentioned (I haven't read through all of the pages!). I also think he looks like he could be middle eastern. With the date of his death so soon after 9/11, I was wondering if he could have been involved. Maybe he got stranded here and had no way out of the US. Just a thought...

We did go over the 9/11 scenario, but we haven't been able to determine anything.

Someone on here did show Lyle's photo to an ME friend, who said that Lyle could possibly be Iranian or Lebanese.

The Native American possibility seems to be dying out over time.

okay, maybe this is way out there. But I found a guy I think looks a little like Lyle. I can't find any information about an approx height for this missing guy, though. And, he went missing in Australia. someone was convicted of his murder, but no body was found. The similarities I see are that he went missing in July 2001, his left eye brow arches up higher than his right, and I think he has a squarish chin. (I've read that Lyle may have lost 30 lbs before his death. This photo would be with that weight still on him. His name is Peter Falconio. (apologies if someone has already looked into this name). http://www.perthnow.com.au/peter-falconio-still-alive-claims-lawyer/story-fn6mh6b5-1226105720957

okay, maybe this is way out there. But I found a guy I think looks a little like Lyle. I can't find any information about an approx height for this missing guy, though. And, he went missing in Australia. someone was convicted of his murder, but no body was found. The similarities I see are that he went missing in July 2001, his left eye brow arches up higher than his right, and I think he has a squarish chin. (I've read that Lyle may have lost 30 lbs before his death. This photo would be with that weight still on him. His name is Peter Falconio. (apologies if someone has already looked into this name). http://www.perthnow.com.au/peter-fal...-1226105720957

That lawyer sounds like a real piece of work :maddening:

I don't think he's Lyle though. I think the eyebrow arching happened when they were doing the autopsy, probably when they opened his eyes for the photos.

That lawyer sounds like a real piece of work :maddening:

I don't think he's Lyle though. I think the eyebrow arching happened when they were doing the autopsy, probably when they opened his eyes for the photos.

I don't think that he is necessary Lyle; their eye color looks different IMO, Lyle's looks sort of greyish-hazel and Peter Falconio's looks very dark brown. That being said, there is a very strong resemblance between the two.
falconio6.jpg

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Falconio.htm

I took a leap and contacted the detective in WA. He said he'd check it out. who knows....

I created a photo comparison using my Paint program + Lunapic. It should be available as an attachment.

Warning: Lyle's autopsy photos are in the attachment (but his face and eyes are pixelated in both photos)

Attachments

• lyle-peter comparison.jpg
    lyle-peter comparison.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 107
Both of the cases, lyle's and peter's, are unusual. someone was convicted of peter's death, but there is a lot of mystery surrounding it and a body was never found. There are claims that peter was asking people how to go about faking your own death shortly before he went missing. he was from the UK, visiting Australia, and if he is also 'Lyle' (in the US) it would explain why neither case has been solved. I think Lyle's nose and peter's nose look alike (as well as the chin and eyebrows). Lyle is hairier in the eye brows, but maybe peter plucked his and then stopped worrying about hygiene. I don't know. I hope the detective gets back to me if he is able to find out anything.

On Lyle's Facebook pagehttp://www.facebook.com/groups/197415753659981/, the idea that possibly "Lyle" was a university student was brought up again. Earlier, I thought that he was possibly a student who had failed his exam(s), but another thought occurred to me -- after September 11th, I think that universities were starting to ask for more documentation from their foreign students where as before they would more or less take someone's word for things. Maybe the university asked "Lyle" for immigration documents he didn't have and he thought that he would either be charged (or maybe even retroactively charged) for his courses at the international student rate or be kicked out of school?

On a different subject, most men in the UK aren't circumcised but I understand that "Lyle" was. I'm not sure if Peter Falconio was. If he wasn't, that would rule him out fairly quickly.

Something I forgot to add to my previous post (I guess it is too late to go back and edit it), but it became a lot more difficult for international students who were receiving money from their families overseas. I don't really remember the specifics of it, but I think there were new limits and regulations.

That was a very good try buster23 - especially someone with added weight which seems to be the case with Lyle. Who knows?

Thinking outside the box could be what is needed to identify Lyle, no surefire trail exists at the moment.

So I did a bit of Googling on Fidel Urbina, and something pretty interesting comes up if you Google "fidel urbina amw".

What do you find interesting regarding Fidel Urbina and AMW?

It wasn't related to AMW per say, but somebody speculated (on another website) that Urbina could possibly be involved with the Juarez Serial Killings because police believe that he could currently be in Juarez.

I wouldn't put it past Fidel Urbina to be a serial killer/be involved. If he's capable of what he did 13 years ago, then he's probably just as capable of committing crimes on the level of a serial killer.

He also has an arrest warrant in Mexico for what he did in the US.

Sorry, not following Fidel Urbina and Lyle. Urbina could be Lyle? I believe Urbina was last known to be active in 1999?

Does Urbina's 'pocked marked' face look something like Lyle? Does Urbina have earlobes like Lyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member